Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
GILMOUR ISN'T COMING TO RANGERS. WILL YOU PEOPLE STOP WITH THIS SHITE
Not sure why people think this is so ridiculous. I think he will end up in the EPL, but its hardly beyond the realms of possibility that playing in europe for us would persuade Chelsea to let him come here. Also, given how he has talked about us since leaving suggests he would be keen

Not sure why people think this is so ridiculous. I think he will end up in the EPL, but its hardly beyond the realms of possibility that playing in europe for us would persuade Chelsea to let him come here. Also, given how he has talked about us since leaving suggests he would be keen

Gilmour with only a handful of games has already outgrown scottish football unfortunately.

Where you getting those numbers from? If that's true, I'd agree
Shane Duffy loan fee was 2 million last season. You think Gilmour wouldn't be more? That is part of Chelsea model for hoovering up young talent. Loan fees and selling boys that don't even make their 1st team. We ain't paying the sort of fee nevermind covering the wages for a year loan.100% fact.

Shane Duffy loan fee was 2 million last season. You think Gilmour wouldn't be more? That is part of Chelsea model for hoovering up young talent. Loan fees and selling boys that don't even make their 1st team. We ain't paying the sort of fee nevermind covering the wages for a year loan.100% fact.
Different situation, Gilmour is someone Chelsea want to develop, not just cash in on. Brighton just wanted to get as much in for Duffy as possible, as hes older and not going to improve.

Btw saying "100% fact" doesn't actually make anything a fact.

Different situation, Gilmour is someone Chelsea want to develop, not just cash in on. Brighton just wanted to get as much in for Duffy as possible, as hes older and not going to improve.

In this case it does. We ain't paying the sort of fee they take for loans for a loan. Ain't happening. Not for him not for no one.

I agree we wouldn't pay that much, I'm saying I don't think we would have to. Again, I dont think we would get him but I dont think it's an outrageous shout
After last night it is and before tbh. If they choose to loan him they could get a loan fee of between 2 to 5 for a season probably closer to 5 now. That's the way it is. A Palace or some other jobber team will pay that for a loan for a season. We ain't in that market.

After last night it is and before tbh. If they choose to loan him they could get a loan fee of between 2 to 5 for a season probably closer to 5 now. That's the way it is. A Palace or some other jobber team will pay that for a loan for a season. We ain't in that market.
Fair enough - not sure we are going to agree, but I'm sure we can agree that them paying a 2 million loan fee for duffy is hilarious!

Lukas Nmecha to replace Morelos If he leaves if you want a discussion point that's my ideal replacement anyway

haha wouldn’t we all, shame he is rated at about 20m and rising !! Having scored 4 goals in the u21 Euros abs impressed on loan at anderlecht.

Quite liked the look of the Polish substitute MF no6 , seventeen years old and on his way up

kacper kowslowski

Last edited:

I’m not sure how much Gilmour would develop in the Scottish League, unfortunately.

Yes, great coaching and European games but beyond that there’s not much of attraction. There’s a reason he left for Chelsea.

haha wouldn’t we all, shame he is rated at about 20m and rising !! Having scored 4 goals in the u21 Euros abs impressed on loan at anderlecht.
Haven't seen him rated that highly rumours were that City were prepared to accept bids of around £7m-£10m for him

Haven't seen him rated that highly rumours were that City were prepared to accept bids of around £7m-£10m for him

even transfer market have him at 11m lol he would go for wild money

but your right he is a player that’s for sure

edit your value may be right just realised he only has 12 months left on his deal so chances are either Man City offer him Another (unlikely) or they sell him.

It would be more than 2 million for any club who isnt rangers. Rangers have a good few add on clauses in gilmours contract. Him playing so many games, international appearances etc if the 2 clubs agreed on a loan deal rangers could waive future payments from Chelsea.

It would be more than 2 million for any club who isnt rangers. Rangers have a good few add on clauses in gilmours contract. Him playing so many games, international appearances etc if the 2 clubs agreed on a loan deal rangers could waive future payments from Chelsea.
Desperate stuff - there are hundreds of players more likely to come to Rangers - move on with your life -

Some on here are like a jilted ex begging to be friends with BG - he’s gone.

It is well beyond the realms of possibility, when have Chelsea ever loaned out to SPL? Especially a star in making. As seen on Friday the English still see us this league as tinpot.

even transfer market have him at 11m lol he would go for wild money

but your right he is a player that’s for sure

edit your value may be right just realised he only has 12 months left on his deal so chances are either Man City offer him Another (unlikely) or they sell him.
Yeah he's in the last year of his deal so he's affordable if Alfredo goes for say £15m-£25m we could spend about half on Nmecha and I'd argue we are probably getting as good if not a better player

Fair play mate.

I’m very surprised at that, Chelsea obviously have a huge amount of good will and are must be very understanding of what they done.

Actually quite impressed by them, the £500k they gave us was essentially good will in itself so I’m surprised they included add ons.

A hefty loan fee and a desire to see him play week in week out against a better standard of opposition would rule us out.

Villa paid Chelsea £11m to have Ross Barkley on loan for this season.

The idea of bringing Gilmour back for a loan fee greater than the pittance Chelsea took him from us is insulting. We need to move on from him. He had a chance to be Ranger and didn’t take it.
Couldn't wait to leave us by all accounts I don't think he would ever entertain/even contemplate coming back there is a ridiculous obsession over this lad he ain't coming back.

Couldn't wait to leave us by all accounts I don't think he would ever entertain/even contemplate coming back there is a ridiculous obsession over this lad he ain't coming back.
He’s on record saying the decision to leave was very tough so to say he couldn’t wait to leave us utter nonsense. He got an offer from chelsea he couldn’t turn down.

A hefty loan fee and a desire to see him play week in week out against a better standard of opposition would rule us out.

Villa paid Chelsea £11m to have Ross Barkley on loan for this season.
That is mental money for a season's loan. Had no idea people were paying these kind of fees tbh!

Game's a joke down there really when you consider how many leagues are full of teams who couldn't pay that as a signing on fee, never mind the fee for a season's loan.

Announce Kleinheisler

Said in the match thread he would be a great addition to our midfield. All action. Also liked Botka but he played on the right side of a three so hard to judge how he'd play for us.

A striker I would like to see us go for is Mohammed Bayo for Clermont Foot. 22 year old scored over 20 league goals. Apparently they want £3m for him. He will be playing in Ligue 1 this season so if he has another good year he could move outwith our price range quite quickly.

That is mental money for a season's loan. Had no idea people were paying these kind of fees tbh!

Game's a joke down there really when you consider how many leagues are full of teams who couldn't pay that as a signing on fee, never mind the fee for a season's loan.
That’s one of the reasons Chelsea are pretty sound in a FFP sense I think, they have hundreds of players out on loan - costing a decent loan fee and wages covered.

Nonsense. The boy clearly has ambition and is going to the very top but to suggest he couldn’t wait to leave us, we’ll it’s just a lie you’ve made up in your head for some reason.

That’s one of the reasons Chelsea are pretty sound in a FFP sense I think, they have hundreds of players out on loan - costing a decent loan fee and wages covered.
I knew that Chelsea in particular have made this a big part of their business model, but still surprised teams are paying fees of 11 million.

Couple of million, while still a lot, i can understand if you are in a bind. Even saying that i would rather Rangers didn't pay that unless it was someone very special and a potential game changer for a season or two.

But 11 million for a season is verging on grotesque, just way too much money sloshing around that league.

To put that into perspective, how many teams are playing top flight football within Europe who could not afford to buy an 11 million quid player?

Could easy be 100 top flight teams! Yet in the EPL it is considered business usual for a season's loan?

Mental money.

He'll be back one day imo but it won't be now more likely at the end of his career similar to Davis

I knew that Chelsea in particular have made this a big part of their business model, but still surprised teams are paying fees of 11 million.

Couple of million, while still a lot, i can understand if you are in a bind. Even saying that i would rather Rangers didn't pay that unless it was someone very special and a potential game changer for a season or two.

But 11 million for a season is verging on grotesque, just way too much money sloshing around that league.

To put that into perspective, how many teams are playing top flight football within Europe who could not afford to buy an 11 million quid player?

Could easy be 100 top flight teams! Yet in the EPL it is considered business usual for a season's loan?

Mental money.
A lot of players move for mental loan fees, sometimes it’s a way to get around FFP or do a team out of sell on % like Lo Celso of Mbappe.

Others are just mental amounts of money for a loan, but it is standard.

Duvan Zapata (who was pish at this point) joined Atalanta on a £13m loan fee, Morata was at Juve last season on a £10m loan fee and would be another £10m this season but they are choosing to sign him permanently.

Think Higauin has cost about £9m on loan, a couple of times and James Rodriguez also cost about £12m when he was loaned to Bayern.

I agree, mental money.

Last edited:
I think he’ll be a regular starter for Chelsea next season so doubt he’ll be going anywhere

Add on clauses when he was not on a pro contract with us?
There is add ons, it was confirmed on our official website when it was announced he was going to Chelsea.
However I don't believe for a minute that they would be adding up to substantial amounts to a point that a loan fee would be waived ie a few million.

I don't think we would be willing to fork out millions for a loan and would also imagine Chelsea would rather he developed in a team in a better standard of league than ours so I wouldn't have thought it would ever be an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back