The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think Ross Stewart would be a decent signing tbh but certainly not at the £5m quoted.
£5m should only be spent on players walking into the starting eleven, and he certainly won't walk in ahead of Morelos or come close to challenging him.

He'd be alright as third choice against the diddies in the league to give the other two strikers a rest, but you can get a striker like that for much less than £5m I reckon.

Was removed from the sun website too.

Anything in this?

As in the story, not the house
Ive no idea mate. The 2 schools of thought are that its been removed because he isn’t selling it as he rents it so its drivel or, hopefully, that coupled with the video i posted yesterday mean he is staying and therefore not selling or is buying elsewhere.

Realistically its probably option 1 but we can but hope.

Ive no idea mate. The 2 schools of thought are that its been removed because he isn’t selling it as he rents it so its drivel or, hopefully, that coupled with the video i posted yesterday mean he is staying and therefore not selling or is buying elsewhere.

Sorry, what video mate? Must have missed it??

Lets be honest a lot on here would only be happy with signing ross stewart if his name was rossi stewarto.
I wouldn't be comfortable with signing any player from league one for the 5 million quid quoted. Certainly not one who previously played at Ross County level.

Aribo has been one of the most sought after players in recent times from there and we signed him for an initial cost of less than 500k rising to 2 million if he progressed to the top, which thankfully he has.
But that payment structure protected us if it didn't work out also.

And it was 2 million overall, not 5.

5 million could have got us Skov Olsen in January.That's the quality we need for that sort if outlay.

And if I quote a foreign player, it's because most of the Scottish ones just simply aren't good enough.

Video i put in the transfer thread. My mate got sent it from his mate. He is on a stag and met Goldson. He did a video for the groom saying good luck etc and ended ny saying‘hopefully see u next season’

Chances are he’s away but it’s all a bit quiet.

Maybe there’s a chance, albeit slim, that he stays.

If Bassey indicates he’s interested in a move then perhaps the club may push the boat out a bit more.
They certainly should. Most Goldson level replacements will want the same wages he is likely asking for plus will cost us millions. Signing him again could allow us to sink 4/5m into another position. Its a no brainer to me

Lets be honest a lot on here would only be happy with signing ross stewart if his name was rossi stewarto.
I see a striker like stewart as the kind of centre forward option we need. A bit like dykes in that he is big and can cause bother in the air. However we should not need to spend fortunes on that. Its fristrating at times that you can see these players could do a job when they played in the spl but we wait til they go down south for a cheap price and then if we want them need to pay over the odds.

Our run at the end of the season supports that mate - I agree!!

We have a lot of football to play between the start of the season through to the WC

Definitely.

I like Roofe but he’s essentially half a player as he’ll likely miss half the games. We just can’t rely on one other in case Morelos isn’t fit, isn’t firing or we want to play a different system.

Supposedly wasn’t his house and the persons who’s it was kicked off and wanted it removed. Not entirely sure how accurate

Ross Stewart would be a solid signing on the assumption Morelos stays.

Itten will be away and Roofe has fitness issues. If Morelos leaves then we need to open the budget up further.

Stewart can also play wide, which he did often at Ross County and has sometimes for Sunderland. He wouldn't be a silky winger or anything like that, but he's quick and two footed with a goal threat, so could be used there in some games if required.

I don't think I'd want us to spend big on him, but I see him as a Lee McCulloch type signing if we got him - he adds to the squad, he knows the game up here, his attitude is good.

Lee was at a higher level when we signed him, of course, no disputing that. I'm just not sure we have that type of player right now, Sakala would probably be closest to it.

The English market is one to avoid given the inflated finances down there. £5M for Ross Stewart seems unlikely.

I wouldn't be comfortable with signing any player from league one for the 5 million quid quoted. Certainly not one who previously played at Ross County level.

Aribo has been one of the most sought after players in recent times from there and we signed him for an initial cost of less than 500k rising to 2 million if he progressed to the top, which thankfully he has.
But that payment structure protected us if it didn't work out also.

And it was 2 million overall, not 5.

5 million could have got us Skov Olsen in January.That's the quality we need for that sort if outlay.

And if I quote a foreign player, it's because most of the Scottish ones just simply aren't good enough.
Why? Ivan Toney for example would have worked it pretty well for us

£3m would be a reasonable fee for Ross Stewart, in my opinion. I think that figure would eventually be accepted by Sunderland, although I do hope whoever our main targets are, are brought in as early as possible (no later than during first week of preseason) rather than the final few days of the window.

That said, I doubt RS is one of our main targets anyway, if he's even a target at all.

Why? Ivan Toney for example would have worked it pretty well for us
There's no one remotely close to Toneys level of promise currently in league one.

He and Aribo are exceptions in potential, but other clubs can take a gamble on a 5 million pound player from league one working out.

We don't have the level of budget to make that size of gamble.

Seen some photos of our boys away to LA for some R&R, Kent, Bassey, Kamara and Aribo. Hopefully they all come back refreshed and ready to fire us to the CL.
(And bolstered by some quality additions)
Aribo and Bassey are with Nigeria I had thought. I imagined Kamara is with Finland as well.

Might just be away for a few days before joining up with them right enough. Sure I seen the former two at an airport in their Nigeria gear though.

I see the insta post though, so not saying you are making it up :))

It’s sort of the same with Nisbet, you have to identify these guys at source. That’s when you can take the gamble.

Once they move once, even to another Scottish club and do well, the price increases ten fold.
As an aside I work in Edinburgh with a mix of Hertz and Hivs fans mostly, and there seems to be a consensus that Nisbets attitude is less than it should be - to put it politely.

He obviously has talent but if the attitude stinks it could be a bullet dodged in ghe bigger picture.

Supposedly wasn’t his house and the persons who’s it was kicked off and wanted it removed. Not entirely sure how accurate
No wonder, id be the same if it was my house.

Actually, I probably wouldn’t. A chance for the world to see i have a peach of a swimming pool at my bit. ‘Av goat a boat’.

Stewart can also play wide, which he did often at Ross County and has sometimes for Sunderland. He wouldn't be a silky winger or anything like that, but he's quick and two footed with a goal threat, so could be used there in some games if required.

I don't think I'd want us to spend big on him, but I see him as a Lee McCulloch type signing if we got him - he adds to the squad, he knows the game up here, his attitude is good.

Lee was at a higher level when we signed him, of course, no disputing that. I'm just not sure we have that type of player right now, Sakala would probably be closest to it.

That's three summers on the trot we've been linked with one of the top scorers in League One

Ivan Toney (went for £5m + £5m in add ons)
Jonson Clarke-Harris (quoted at £6m)
now Ross Stewart

If we want him, I don't see how we pay anything other than serious money for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back