The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giving Davis another deal would be sensible for me.

Ok he won’t play every game but Gio obviously still thinks he can contribute as he played him in both finals.

He’s also a terrific pro who will be a great influence on the playing squad much like defoe was.

Exactly where I am Pedro.

He’s had a good number of substitute appearances since he returned to fitness.

In the 55 season, we used our subs really well after an hour or so & hopefully Steven & Arfield can really help that way, as well as having some starts during the season too.

In the 55 season, we used our subs really well after an hour or so & hopefully Steven & Arfield can really help that way, as well as having some starts during the season too.

I’d like to think that he wouldn’t be hard to deal with either as he seems a sensible bloke and I’m sure he’s made (and not wasted) his money.

He could also start going through his badges.

That said he’s still good enough to play. Look at the Scottish cup semi when he came on, just brought control to the game to see us get level and go on to win.

I’d like to think that he wouldn’t be hard to deal with either as he seems a sensible bloke and I’m sure he’s made (and not wasted) his money.

He could also start going through his badges.

That said he’s still good enough to play. Look at the Scottish cup semi when he came on, just brought control to the game to see us get level and go on go win.

I think he’s had a few cracking performances, for instance up at Tynecastle recently, I thought he was a big factor in us controlling that game.

He's played well since returning to fitness. I do think McGregor has reached the end - his performances in Europe were solid, but still - but Davis can still contribute something. Davis, Jack and Arfield are all veterans who can't play every game; Lowry and McCann are youngsters who won't play every game, but will benefit from training every day with these guys - there's a balancing act there.

He's played well since returning to fitness. I do think McGregor has reached the end - his performances in Europe were solid, but still - but Davis can still contribute something. Davis, Jack and Arfield are all veterans who can't play every game; Lowry and McCann are youngsters who won't play every game, but will benefit from training every day with these guys - there's a balancing act there.

Yes G, I agree, and on McGregor.

I never even knew John Souttar and a brother that played.
Ex Dundee United as well although he moved to Stoke when he was still quite young and pretty sure he was at Ross County on loan a little while back. He was playing well for Stoke and Australia bit done his ACL so he’ll be out for a while. Was in Seville with his teammate Jordan Thompson.

Rangers set to seal sensational swoop for Sunderland star Ross Stewart.

Nothing sensational about that deal if he signed. The names getting fired about this thread would concern me. A few years ago a Lewis Ferguson, Nisbet (maybe) and Ross Stewart would be decent signings but in the last 12 months we have went to another level, won the league, Scottish cup and had amazing European runs. These players are no where near our level. We have far better players in our squad and we want to get better not worse off.

Nothing sensational about that deal if he signed. The names getting fired about this thread would concern me. A few years ago a Lewis Ferguson, Nisbet (maybe) and Ross Stewart would be decent signings but in the last 12 months we have went to another level, won the league, Scottish cup and had amazing European runs. These players are no where near our level. We have far better players in our squad and we want to get better not worse off.
So do you think Souttar is Rangers standard

So do you think Souttar is Rangers standard

Everytime I have saw him hes been very good. I don't think he should be automatic first 11 but as a free transfer he's no risk. The other 3 I mentioned are no where near the value those clubs would want and they play in positions we have much better options.

Everytime I have saw him hes been very good. I don't think he should be automatic first 11 but as a free transfer he's no risk. The other 3 I mentioned are no where near the value those clubs would want and they play in positions we have much better options.
He hasn't come to Rangers to sit on the bench when he could have stayed at Hearts and play every week.

Ex Dundee United as well although he moved to Stoke when he was still quite young and pretty sure he was at Ross County on loan a little while back. He was playing well for Stoke and Australia bit done his ACL so he’ll be out for a while. Was in Seville with his teammate Jordan Thompson.

He's been thought of as the more talented of the brothers, and that's not a dig at John Souttar. When Stoke signed him it was considered a steal, and they've loaned him out sensibly to develop him. If not for his injury this season he'd likely be linked with Premier League clubs this summer. If he recovers from his ACL injury, he'll not be at Stoke for much longer.

Would you have said Wright would have played in a Europa final a year ago ? Players step up .

i'd imagine nothing in that
especailly with the reports of Mane going to Germany
completely different position - ellliot plays part of a midfield 3 - he’s been converted

not saying any truth in it - just saying they play different positions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back