The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Colak will be a good signing for us, should the club complete this deal. Tall, strong but deceptively quick and clearly a good eye for goal.

Is he consistent enough to take us to a certain level and does he have a good work ethic that helps the team? Time will only tell but he does look like he could be a handy player as a second striker, if not the main one.

We need more than Colak, though. Here’s hoping the club have plenty of irons in the fire regarding midfield players and a right winger.

If he's not signing he needs to be sold

To lose our best player in decades for free would make us a laughing stock beyond words

I don’t dispute that. If he wants to go then let him.

However we still haven’t brought anyone in to take us place 5 years after he was signed.

I would be very happy with the Colak signing, he looks to have everything we would want in a 2nd/3rd choice striker.

Think Colak will be a great signing. Particularly if Alfie does stay. A penalty box striker who can take the load domestically and keep Alfie fresher for Europe. Pity Roofe cant stay healthy, because thats what he is too, but i think its time to move on from Roofe. Colak seems the perfect replacement

What position does Tom Lawrence play?

Where would he fit into our team/style? Despite watching a bit of Derby under Rooney I can’t really remember him standing out.

What's the word on Morelos fitness. Ready for pre-season matches?

If not, we need a striker in as there is no way Roofe can be relied upon to play pre-season matches, Livingston away then lead the line in Champions League qualifiers.
Pictured on exercise cycle in training pics yesterday good sign and should get a good preseason in

Those saying Morelos should be sold need to remember that since he was signed in 2017, we’ve still not been able to play to our peak without him.
Agree but the flip side is we are far to reliant on him. At some point he will no longer be at the club.

We got to Europa League and Scottish Cup Final without Morelos. I honestly think this is the summer we should sell him, I really don't like the idea of relying on our main forward running down his contract.

When it comes to Colak, not one of us would have turned our nose up at us signing him before the window closed last August after his performance against us at Ibrox.

He ripped Goldson and Balogun to bits in that second half. Not many have done that in Scotland or in the Europa League. His second goal was superb.

What was more impressive was he done it when being the lone striker playing with 10 men.

This is exactly the kind of striker we need and should be going for. He’ll hit the ground running for us as well.
You can never be 100% sure about a signing but the way Colak plays with the amount of chances we create in Scotland, it's hard to see how he doesn't score lots of goals.

He's knows his craft as well, not a young guy desperate to impress. Very much a if you get me chances I'll score type.

We've needed a flat track bully type for a while, that mob are full of them. I think it's a very smart signing.

Quite optimistic about Colak. Granted only basing it on the game against us last season but that was as dominant a striking performance as I've seen against us.

However we still haven’t brought anyone in to take us place 5 years after he was signed.

Our previous manager invested in a guy that would score probably double but unfortunately cant stay fit.

Ideally we get rid of Roofe and Morelos signs up!

Where would he fit into our team/style? Despite watching a bit of Derby under Rooney I can’t really remember him standing out.
Attacking mid, mostly off the left I believe.

Would be a fairly unimaginative signing for me.

He played on the right from what I can remember but he is left footed to possible would move to the right.

Good player who I would be happy with in all honesty

Malmo were quoted €3m for Colak so not unreasonable that we would be quoted the same.

Around £2.6m.

I reckon we will ultimately get him for around £2.2m.

Thought he is joining West Brom? Have you heard otherwise?

He’s not going to West Brom.

Meanwhile, the Express & Star understands there is no truth to reports linking Albion with a move for Tom Lawrence. The Wales international is a free agent after leaving Derby.

Read more:
West Brom transfer rumours: Loan move for Newcastle winger?
Johnny Phillips: West Brom early swoops look good deals
Tributes paid to ex-West Brom director

But despite reports to the contrary, Albion are not believed to interested in signing him – with Bruce’s squad well stocked with players who can play on the right and left wing.
Instead, the boss is understood to be in the market for a striker who can compete with and provide cover for Daryl Dike.
A central midfielder is also a target as is cover at full-back.

Normally off the left mate. I would be really underwhelmed if we signed him tbh

We haven't signed anyone to take him place as he has been the main man on a massive contract.

It also needs to be remembered we have won 1 trophy with Morelos, he wasn't part of the cup win.

We just won the Scottish cup and put out Braga, and Leipzig of UEL without him? Dominated 2 Old Firm games aswell.

Never won an Old Firm in 90 mins without him. Looked toothless away to Braga and Leipzig without him. Theres clear evidence to what he brings to the team. Particularly in the bigger games where we need an outlet who can relieve pressure and bring players into the game. If we had Morelos in Seville, that is a totally different game and you would need to be a brave man to bet against us winning it.

On the left, he's kinda halfway between a winger and a No.10, probably more suited to the Gerrard/Beale system.

He’s a bit of a dirty wee sod. Absolutely has ability but wouldn’t imagine him as an out and out starter at Rangers

Don’t fancy Colak at all based on the videos- looks like the Croat Steven Thompson- big journeyman type.

Hope I’m wrong right-enough and he turns out to be brilliant.

Botheim on the other hand, looks ace- really hope he is one we are after.
You obviously never saw him against us at Ibrox Mate

Great movement great feet and can play with his back to goal I’m actually not sure what’s not to like

Hopefully not anywhere for us, he isn’t what we need and a bam into the bargain.

Those saying Morelos should be sold need to remember that since he was signed in 2017, we’ve still not been able to play to our peak without him.
I love Alfie and want him to stay forever, but we did play to our peak in the home games v Braga and Leipzig without him. The Braga game in particular I would say is the best Rangers attacking performance I can remember.

Don’t fancy Colak at all based on the videos- looks like the Croat Steven Thompson- big journeyman type.

Hope I’m wrong right-enough and he turns out to be brilliant.

Botheim on the other hand, looks ace- really hope he is one we are after.

You are only saying that because he’s well groomed.

He is nothing like him as a player.

I've said it before, I don't want to lose Morelos but we can't keep relying on him.

In a weird way it might actually be a good thing if he did go but for the right price.

Colak signing probably puts him 2nd choice behind Morelos with Roofe moving down the pecking order due to constant injuries.

Primarily off the left or behind the main striker. He was one of their best players last season

He may well be talented, but that league is absolutely bonkers how many goals is scored in it, I'd say the Scottish Championship would be tougher for a striker than it is in that league.

He could be excellent, but goals scored in one of the most open leagues anywhere should be taken with a pinch of salt.
I think too much is made of that. 1165 goals last season compared to 1071 in the EPL. So 8.6% more goals, it isn't as crazy as everyone is making out and there are other European leagues with more goals. Standard of football is a different question though. Dallinga is well worth the risk at a goal every 110 minutes aged 21 for me though.

I think too much is made of that. 1165 goals last season compared to 1071 in the EPL. So 8.6% more goals, it isn't as crazy as everyone is making out and there are other European leagues with more goals. Standard of football is a different question though. Dallinga is well worth the risk at a goal every 110 minutes aged 21 for me though.

The EPL was mental for goals last season too to be fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back