The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are only saying that because he’s well groomed.

He is nothing like him as a player.
The YouTube clips I watched he looks big, movement ok, but nothing special. Finishing a bit mediocre- a lot of the chances he finishes are down to terrible goalies or getting tons of time to get his shot away.

He looks like a big jobber-SPL striker really. Maybe that’s fine for a back-up, and like I say, I hope I’m wrong.

He's the one I really hope extends his stay.
He's absolutely pivotal to the way we want to play.

He used to be, but as we saw in the last couple of months of last season, Gio is more tactically astute than Gerrard and we're no longer a one dimensional team.

We're far more flexible and adaptable, as we saw in Europe and against celtic.

I still hope he signs a new deal, but Kent for me, would be much harder to replace.

We've seen him absolutely destroy some top European defences last season.

I reckon Lawrence would be a great signing. He was one of the best players in the Championship up until Derby hit a tail spin 2 years ago.

Lawrence is pretty special on his day but is quite lazy. I can see him being the type that would divide the fans.

Rooney have him the captaincy, don't know if that was an attempt to inspire him or just because they literally had no other senior pros.

He absolutely can do the spectacular though.

Lawrence is pretty special on his day but is quite lazy. I can see him being the type that would divide the fans.

Rooney have him the captaincy, don't know if that was an attempt to inspire him or just because they literally had no other senior pros.

He absolutely can do the spectacular though.
He is a very good player, but a bit of an arsehole on and off the pitch.

If we were to sign him I wonder what the plan would be though, given he usually plays off the left.

100%.

There were a number of factors as to why we lost the league last season.

Not being clinical and finishing teams off deffinately played a part.

We have to add goals to the team this summer if we want to win the league.
I'm not sure we need people specifically hitting 20+ goals as long as there's a good distribution of goals among the team. We had that in 20/21 as we had plenty coming from midfield but we didn't have that last season, especially with someone like Kent only managing 3 goals.

But yeah being clinical was definitely the main problem - I'm sure in our 3 home draws against Motherwell and Hearts we had in excess of 90 shots on goal and only managed 4 goals.

TBF you probably could get a replacement better than Bassey is right now with the right recruitment.

What you won't get is someone who is as good as him just now and with limitless potential.
So you want to use the phrase 'with the right recruitment' for your belief that we could get better than Bassey now

But not about finding someone who is as good just now and with limitless potential?

Those saying Morelos should be sold need to remember that since he was signed in 2017, we’ve still not been able to play to our peak without him.

Surely that's on the management team for not being able to adjust. Players come and go, we've lost better and managed to still be successful.

If Morelos doesn't sign a new deal then he needs sold.

Don't think Colak merits that really (and I say that as someone who thinks he'll score lots for us)

Gotta be Morelos extending. A double announcement with Kent would be unreal.

He used to be, but as we saw in the last couple of months of last season, Gio is more tactically astute than Gerrard and we're no longer a one dimensional team.

We're far more flexible and adaptable, as we saw in Europe and against celtic.

I still hope he signs a new deal, but Kent for me, would be much harder to replace.

We've seen him absolutely destroy some top European defences last season.
As you know I'm not Kent's biggest fan. So we'll need to agree to disagree.
I do hope they both sign on again though.

He is a very good player, but a bit of an arsehole on and off the pitch.

If we were to sign him I wonder what the plan would be though, given he usually plays off the left.
He can play anywhere across the front and even in a midfield 3.

I'd maybe compare him to Kris Commons as a player but also as a person unfortunately.

What position does Tom Lawrence play?

Where would he fit into our team/style? Despite watching a bit of Derby under Rooney I can’t really remember him standing out.

I know you've stated you're not privy to any information anymore.

But I still over-analyse your posts every time I see the red.

Lawrence will be a Ranger

Fair doos, I’ll apologise to @WATP87 if it comes off, highly suspect mind you

I don’t see it as a rumour though, I see it as attention seeking and time wasting. He says we will be happy with the announcement … we’ll go on then tell us the rumoured player ;)

Rumours for me is rumoured interest in players - like Tom Lawrence being discussed or Colak.
Im thinking an extension rather than a signing

So you want to use the phrase 'with the right recruitment' for your belief that we could get better than Bassey now

But not about finding someone who is as good just now and with limitless potential?

Don't really follow your point.

A lot of what's appealing about Bassey to other clubs will be the high ceiling he has. Not many players have that in our price range. There will probably be ones out there though.

We absolutely could improve the team we have right now with the money if Bassey was to leave though. There are loads of left backs and centre halfs who are currently better than him.

Just for info (and speculation), Botheim has added a picture of his agent on his Instagram story. Obviously thanking him for facilitating his move to Ibrox... B-D ;)o_O
Him with a Genoa player.

Means he is heading to Serie A IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back