The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t disagree we should sign a striker but wouldn’t be spending the best part of £2m on a 3rd choice option personally.

Regarding CB, Goldson, Souttar and Bassey are the only 3 I’d be counting as CB’s ahead of next season. Even at that, I’d rather Bassey at LB. Helander is too injury prone, Katic isn’t good enough, King too young to rely on in a tough position and Sands isn’t good enough to be a CB for Rangers (might make it in midfield). Defo need another quality CB option.

Scathing

Then he's the manager and I'm just a poster on Follow Follow %^*& sakes. What are you trying to get at? I'm saying I think its ridiculous and far too much pressure on a young talent to ask him to step up and fill Aribo's boots next year.

What I’m getting at is that if Gio thinks he’s ready, he’ll play.

If he doesn’t, we’ll bring in a replacement for Aribo.

You said he’s ‘too young - simple as that’ when you don’t know that - only Gio does.

People like yourself you mean?

Those people are wrong.
Wrong in what way?

£6m is £6m.

£4m is add-ons, if the reputable Romano is anything to go by.

£4m is therefore not guaranteed.

Therefore, based on what is being peddled in the media, it is a guaranteed £6m, potentially rising to £10m.

Saying that players over 27 rarely go for big fees then having over 20 examples given to you in 5 mins isnt exactly proving your point though is it?

You'll be along to tell us about a 27 yr old + Celtic player that went for money soon enough though, cant wait...

More nonsense

I don’t disagree we should sign a striker but wouldn’t be spending the best part of £2m on a 3rd choice option personally.

Regarding CB, Goldson, Souttar and Bassey are the only 3 I’d be counting as CB’s ahead of next season. Even at that, I’d rather Bassey at LB. Helander is too injury prone, Katic isn’t good enough, King too young to rely on in a tough position and Sands isn’t good enough to be a CB for Rangers (might make it in midfield). Defo need another quality CB option.
So you don’t want to sign a 3rd choice striker for £2 million but want to buy a quality 4th/ 5th choice centre back ? Quality costs money and you will struggle to get an upgrade on Swedish international Helander for £2 million

So you're saying we should've waited and potentially lost him for free next season?

We could've said no to Southampton and they could've walked away from the deal leaving us without a sale and Aribo pissed off.

Instead we're getting £6m up front and £4m in installments with a sell on fee.

The club have a transfer plan they work with and that's to get the best deals possible and in this instance we have got the best deal possible for the club and player.

Its a big assumption to make that a club would sign him for lots more last summer when they know what he was available for this season.

I must admit that I'm a little worried with the lack of activity, but the same names posting on here day after day with their negative shit is mind-numbing and making the thread unbearable.

What a miserable life they must lead having to come in here every day and moan.

It is absolute nonsense to suggest that Aribo can't make a bigger move from Soton.

Bottom third team with a history of one trophy o_O
If he is unlucky, he will be relegated next season.
He certainly won’t be playing in Europe the next couple of seasons, if ever.

If we’d have signed someone like Botheim I’d agree. Colak isn’t coming in as first choice. He’s an Itten replacement.
We will see I guess, I don't think many players will struggle to score 12 goals a season domestically in our league it's Doige and Cosgrove or Windass levels.
I hope Colak surprises a few.

Wrong in what way?

£6m is £6m.

Therefore, based on what is being peddled in the media, it is a guaranteed £6m, potentially rising to £10m.
How many times?

The £4 million will be paid in instalments. It’s normal.

We are getting £10 million. We may also get a percentage addon for allowing Southampton to pay the £4 mill in instalments.

We await confirmation but it’s as good a deal as we could have got due to his release clause.

Bottom third team with a history of one trophy o_O
If he is unlucky, he will be relegated next season.
He certainly won’t be playing in Europe the next couple of seasons, if ever.
I dont think he'll expect to play in Europe with them. The EPL is a huge pull for them. He'll be hoping to use them as a stepping stone.

Had a look at The Saints forum to see their views which are pretty positive but one thing that comes across is their disdain for Ross Wilson and how he spent a fortune on crap while getting lower fees than he should when selling.

They expect the 6m figure to be accurate based on Wilson's previous.

Their words, not mine.
Are the folk on the Southampton forum as sane and rational as those on this one?!

It’s good business if we get decent cash for Aribo and reinvest it. I’ll be sad to see him go, I’ve got a real soft spot for this team after last season and 55.

We do need to kick on though.

How many times?

We are getting £10 million. We may also get a percentage addon for allowing Southampton to pay the £4 mill in instalments.

We await confirmation but it’s as good a deal as we could have got due to his release clause.
you can categorically guarantee that £4m is set in stone, unequivocally coming in to the club and is not contingent on performance or appearance related conditions?

just curious since you seem to be so close to the negotiations.

Fabrizio Romano tweeted £6m but posted £10m on Facebook.

The reality is nobody has any idea what the actual fee is but are moaning anyway.
How the f would he know the exact details of a deal between us and Southampton?

Wish sometimes they'd just leave it at, Southampton sign Rangers player for 10 million. Every single one of us who follow the game know that whether a transfer is 1, 10 or 100 mill, it's going to inculde add ons.

We don't need the exact penny for penny details of every single bloody transfer that happens.

I think the 'deadwood' will likely be moved on nearer the end of the window

I do wonder whether there might be another one or two major departures in the next couple of weeks
Yeah, I had a hunch that another member of the squad would have been out the door by now.

Just a feeling, of course.

I imagine someone like Simpson will a deadline day ‘we’ll take him off your hands’ type of deal, hopefully get a couple of the others out the door before then to add to the pot.

We’re not quite at that stage, surely?

If we need £20m worth of sales and £40m worth of European runs just to stay above water, then we’re fucked mate :D

This is the stage now where regular player sales will now become vital, as much as it’ll kill some people.
We have been fucked though mate.
I don't understand the hate if this the route the board are trying to go.
And it would be nice to see some decent books for a change.

It’s not about being cryptic, it’s about not revealing sources etc but trying to give as much info as I can give. I am confident that we will have two signings joining up with the team in Portugal.
And without giving anything away, is it one we should be excited/encouraged by?

£10m for a player in the last year of his deal is, while not ideal, as good as we are going to get for Aribo.

I’m not sure what people expect here? We aren’t selling him for more than that. It was up to Wilson to tie Aribo down to a better deal well before this day comes when he’s sold, so we could get a far greater fee for him, but he didn’t and we are in this position now.

£10m is good enough and if that’s the release clause then we just have to accept it.

Onwards and upwards. Let’s just get some players in to try and improve us so that we can bring this title back home.

How many times?

Stop speaking sense mate, doesn't go down well here

Last edited:
£6m with add-ons that might never be triggered, to take it to £10m...

Bit shit. Should've asked for the 10m upfront that actually would trigger his release clause.

Now we're getting installments and possibilities.

Are we really bending over and accepting £6m + add ons for Aribo? A Nigerian international, one of our best players and scorer in Europa final? Easily a £20m player with an extra year on his contract?

But hey not to worry. Accept the derisory offer Rangers, we the fans will continue to plug the funding gap with even more expensive Europa League tickets this season and 48 quid training tops.

So, what happens if…

Everybody laughs at our price of £20 million for a player with one year left on his deal (because, well, we have a £10 million clause), and we end up with a player who’s unhappy at being priced out of a move, unsettled for the first half of the season, who can sign a pre-contract in January then half-arses it for the second half of the season because he’s leaving for free in May?

We lose him for nothing you’re looking at even more expensive Europa League tickets and 58 quid training tops!

If you’re the buying club are you paying 1p more than the release clause in his contract?

Sometimes our fans are absolutely incredible and deserve mountain's of praise for our levels of support.

And then sometimes we have an element who.are infuriating and deliberately dense and enjoy any excuse for a whinge.

6 million up front, with 4 million over time, plus 12 million for Patterson means in the last 12 months we'll have taken in 20 million players who's combined value cost us 300k.

Some people angry he's going now...Well he'd have went for nothing.

Some angry he's not on a new contract...who's to say he'd have signed one when he knew he wanted to go to the Premier league and clubs were interested now.

And who's to say that the release clause wasn't part of the reason we got Joe to agree to join in the first place.

I'm gutted to lose a player of his calibre, but this is a necessary step towards moving forward as a club and part of the model we're trying to implement.

Lastly, for those moaning about the fee, someone compared it to Edouard.

Celtic paid 9 million for edouard and 40% of the remaining fee went back to psg. This means at most Celtic made at most 5.7 million even with add ons.

We'll make 5.7 million on Aribo, even before any add ons, having had a great couple of years from him along with it, so it seems not bad business at all.

It’s good business if we get decent cash for Aribo and reinvest it. I’ll be sad to see him go, I’ve got a real soft spot for this team after last season and 55.

We do need to kick on though.
Think we will all be sad to see him go but it is the model we need to work with, to pick up a player with potential get a few seasons then make a profit.

They all won't work but that's life.

Slightly different but Gio was an early example we got a few seasons from him and sold at a profit (he did cost £5m so not the same development risk tbf)

Aye - I'm sure nobody at the club asked Aribo, Kent or Morelos if they wanted to sign new contracts last summer, or at any point since then. Honest to %^*&

Did the club sit down with both agents and the players and offer improved terms in an official capacity but it didn't leak out over the last year?

If they somehow did that and the players refused to sign then they should have been put up for sale immediately no questions asked.

Was the boy Levitt who Dundee Hibs had on loan from Man U not quite good last season? Surprising he looks like he’s going back to that shithole.

£6m with add-ons that might never be triggered, to take it to £10m...

Bit shit. Should've asked for the 10m upfront that actually would trigger his release clause.

Now we're getting installments and possibilities.
Fine with the instalments, as there’s now a sell on %

Pleased about Colak, he will give us a long needed aerial presence upfront. He is also very skilful, will get his share of goals and give us a real focal point.
Sad to see big Joe leave,what a bargain at £10m. I wish him well and will always remember us and him celebrating that goal in Seville.

Don't disagree (must be 1st time with you) but we need to move on Katic and Simpson before we recruit. Goldson is only reliable central defender, Helander and Souttar are good enough but injury prone, King is a boy and other 2 are not good enough. I'd prefer Bassey at LB.

Was the boy Levitt who Dundee Hibs had on loan from Man U not quite good last season? Surprising he looks like he’s going back to that shithole.
Good signing for them. He was decent for them, and got himself into the Wales team/squad.

Wrong in what way?

£6m is £6m.

Romano says £10m. Everyone else is saying £10m.

After Romeo Lavia deal completed, 'Southampton are closing on Joe Aribo deal. It's more than advanced with £10m fee to be agreed with Rangers very soon, player keen as The Athletic reported'

Had a look at The Saints forum to see their views which are pretty positive but one thing that comes across is their disdain for Ross Wilson and how he spent a fortune on crap while getting lower fees than he should when selling.

They expect the 6m figure to be accurate based on Wilson's previous.

Their words, not mine.

Not surprised by that in the slightest. There is a strange group of people on here who fall over themselves to defend him, but his record for us has been fairly crap.

Wouldn't miss him one bit if we found a replacement tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back