The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's wrong with having that average age, with an overall squad avg. age of under 25?
It’s also massively skewed by just two players in Mgregor and Davis.

There’s nothing wrong with the age of our squad, some people seem determined to make a big deal out of an issue that doesn’t exist.

Quite worrying after the season we had financially we’re still as skint as we are

I am certain our accounts will be very healthy. Improved European performance, sale of Patterson and the management team, increased ticket sales, hospitality etc etc.

Yes there are costs that go alongside the delivery of improved revenue but there is no doubt we are not skint as we were the year before. Which remember was a covid year so we didn’t have many of the revenue lines we benefited from this year.

Not sure how Barcelona, Juve, Bayern etc spending money has any impact on Crystal Palace making a bid for Joe Aribo tbh.

Well EPL clubs in general don’t need any the big clubs as their rich enough. But it the general the dominoes start falling when the bigger clubs are buying.

However you just need to look at Real, Man Utd, Juventus etc no one is buying atm as everyone is trying to get the 70% nailed and not over spend.

I get we need to sell to buy mate but we should have had a decent budget before that imo
I understand that mate but we've been having bad accounts for a while now, and id presume selling Patterson, Gerrard compo and the UEL run has put us back in good financial footing in general. We probably do have a small budget but to get a good one i.e 15-25m we'd probably need a big sale.

It’s also massively skewed by just two players in Mgregor and Davis.

There’s nothing wrong with the age of our squad, some people seem determined to make a big deal out of an issue that doesn’t exist.
Exactly. Over the age of 33, we have four players, and two of them are goalkeepers, and the other two were outfield players who didn't play every game.

I think we need to sell Bassey this summer. His stock won’t get any higher and would give us a decent budget to reinvest in the team. For me the leagues the priority this year. To win the league you prioritise buying quality middle to front and look for another bosman to come into the defence.

I'd agree with that,no room for sentiment

Every player in Scotland will have a ceiling when it comes to valuation due to playing in Scotland

If we could sell 1 player for 25 million, use even half that to strengthen the squad we would be in good shape

I think we need to sell Bassey this summer. His stock won’t get any higher and would give us a decent budget to reinvest in the team. For me the leagues the priority this year. To win the league you prioritise buying quality middle to front and look for another bosman to come into the defence.
It is imperative we sell him, but there’s just nobody biting. At all. If we can’t shift anyone for good money, then forget Gio getting in players of note.

I am certain our accounts will be very healthy. Improved European performance, sale of Patterson and the management team, increased ticket sales, hospitality etc etc.

Yes there are costs that go alongside the delivery of improved revenue but there is no doubt we are not skint as we were the year before. Which remember was a covid year so we didn’t have many of the revenue lines we benefited from this year.
Also the key idea of football clubs not really being a profit making business. If we're not turning a profit it suggests we're investing it in players, wages or infrastructure.

A financially sound club within the new parameters set by governing bodies will rightly be the focus of the board.
We'll sign players and move some on but it only takes a cursory glance at world football to see the market is hardly awash with activity, so why would we be any different?

In an ideal world we'd have a much needed refresh and have a few new players in but it is what it is.

Back to the we're skint thread I see. If we were as skint as some on here suggest we wouldn't be bidding almost 2m for a back up striker imo. I really like the look of Colak so hopefully it's concluded soon and the full blown panic on here can die down a bit.

We haven't spent a bean in 2 years. It's verging on being disgraceful to be honest.

Not really true is it? Did Roofe, Itten and Hagi all come in for nothing in summer 2020? Development fee for Bassey plus signing on fees for Mclaughlin, Balogun and Defoe the Zungu loan. What business was needing done in January 21 when we were 9 points clear and comfortable in the league?

More signing on fees for the bosmans last summer for Sakala, Lundstram and Bacuna and then you have the 3 loan deals in January plus £500k for Zukowski. Just over £1.5m brought in until Patterson was sold and people wonder why we haven't spent the last year or so.

for those saying the Tims have more bandwidth in the market as they have direct access to CL money. Our own Chief Exec said our run last year was worth more than a CL group stage entry…

If we are tightening our belts due to the impending UEFA restrictions then fair enough but surely there has to be huge concern over where we would be in this regard if we never won all that prize money etc?

Also, it’s all well and good shouting about signing Bosmans. But the best ones are all usually snapped up long before now as shown below.

It’s limiting us even further in an already narrow market.

There is a lot of noise around at the moment, some hysteria and some justified. The wider fanbase (not FF and social media) are certainly a bit wary and starting to ask questions.

That’s why Ross Wilson is paid the big money, to sort situations out.

What is it that people don’t get about we’ve been making losses? What profits do we have to spend? The club is trying to run on sustainability rather than the Murray era of throwing an overdraft about like it’s free money. Unless you want us to be reckless and end up in the same shitter as 2012?

How many clubs are actually do business right now that isn’t loans with clauses being converted? Not many the market is dead atm, the panty wetters need to calm down in here.

Back to the we're skint thread I see. If we were as skint as some on here suggest we wouldn't be bidding almost 2m for a back up striker imo. I really like the look of Colak so hopefully it's concluded soon and the full blown panic on here can die down a bit.
Mate i'm in no way saying we are skint, but if we buy him for the fee's suggested its only a net spend of 300k after the Itten transfer. Its just worrying that we are in this state of affairs with 19 Days to go until our first UCL qualifier, which almost means who ever does come in will certainly wont be near the starting XI.

Folk need to relax, the squad is in really good health. The defence through midfield is strong and in almost the same position as we were in when we went to the Europa league final.

We do need to strengthen 2 areas (in my opinion), the CF and RW areas. It’s been well reported that we are in for a striker to replace Itten.

If/when Aribo leaves, we will then be able to strengthen the right side of the attack. He’s still in place along with Wright so we are covered.

The most pressing issue at present is Morelos, Aribo and Kent’s contracts. If I was a betting man, Kent and Morelos will sign new deals and Aribo leaves. This is probably the best outcome as we will not be able to replace standard for standard.

I get the wish for big sales but we need to be careful what we wish for, our squad as it stands is more than capable of a title challenge and CL entry. If the later fails - we get a run in the Europa league again guaranteed.

Mate i'm in no way saying we are skint, but if we buy him for the fee's suggested its only a net spend of 300k after the Itten transfer. Its just worrying that we are in this state of affairs with 19 Days to go until our first UCL qualifier, which almost means who ever does come in will certainly wont be near the starting XI.
We've 35 days until our first qualifier. The draw hasn't even taken place yet to see who we face as the previous round to the one we join is still a couple of weeks away. By then I think 2 or 3 new faces will be in. Then we can get down to what FF does better than all others and annihilate whoever we do eventually sign before they've kicked a ball, then say i told you so the first time they hit a bad pass or fluff a shot. B-)

I thought the news they had signed a left back would trigger some on this thread

Seems I was correct
I think people don’t want to come to terms with they’ll go on 1,2,3,4,5 title in a row runs while we win the odd league here and there for a good while yet, the invincible 55 season needs to be taken in isolation IMO.

Understand we blew the league last season but that was due to players being injured, the squad being thin and players generally underperforming, the squad needs a massive refresh. Hopefully guys like Lowry can give the team a lift

Generally the team that spends the most wins the league 9/10 times, we need to break the mould sell a few key assets, get into the CL and go from there.

We clearly value our players a little too high in comparison to what people want to pay, we don’t cash in on our assets at the correct times (understand we need bids), but Borna, Kamara should have been sold after 55 at their peak. Will only take us to have a bad run in the EL and not get into the CL and loose the league again for he fan base to go into absolute meltdown.

The flipside is we could get into the CL this season, win the league and get in next season but I’m not sure we will be able to do that unless we sign some real firepower for striker and RW as roofe, sakala, wright can’t be relied on for numerous reasons.

We've 35 days until our first qualifier. The draw hasn't even taken place yet to see who we face as the previous round to the one we join is still a couple of weeks away. By then I think 2 or 3 new faces will be in. Then we can get down to what FF does better than all others and annihilate whoever we do eventually sign before they've kicked a ball, then say i told you so the first time they hit a bad pass or fluff a shot. B-)
  • Third qualifying round: 18 July 2022.

I thought the news they had signed a left back would trigger some on this thread

Seems I was correct
It kind of blows the theory that every team is struggling to make signings in the market just now when our main rivals have signed 3 new players and likely Jota to be a fourth.

Hence why fans will rightly be concerned

And we'd have let Goldson go and signed a cheaper options.

Some folk just love living in misery.

I think people don’t want to come to terms with they’ll go on 1,2,3,4,5 title in a row runs while we win the odd league here and there for a good while yet, the invincible 55 season needs to be taken in isolation IMO.

Understand we blew the league last season but that was due to players being injured, the squad being thin and players generally underperforming, the squad needs a massive refresh. Hopefully guys like Lowry can give the team a lift

Generally the team that spends the most wins the league 9/10 times, we need to break the mould sell a few key assets, get into the CL and go from there.

We clearly value our players a little too high in comparison to what people want to pay, we don’t cash in on our assets at the correct times (understand we need bids), but Borna, Kamara should have been sold after 55 at their peak. Will only take us to have a bad run in the EL and not get into the CL and loose the league again for he fan base to go into absolute meltdown.

The flipside is we could get into the CL this season, win the league and get in next season but I’m not sure we will be able to do that unless we sign some real firepower for striker and RW as roofe, sakala, wright can’t be relied on for numerous reasons.

They will be winning no league “1,2,3,4,5” times in a row

Last season we were literally 1 win away from winning back to back titles

There is very little between the 2 sides, I still believe if we both have first 11 on the park we beat them

We need to add 2 or 3 players but the days of them rattling up titles without a challenge are over

That first paragraph is the biggest load of tripe I've read on here in at least an hour. Pure unadulterated shite.

It kind of blows the theory that every team is struggling to make signings in the market just now when our main rivals have signed 3 new players and likely Jota to be a fourth.

Hence why fans will rightly be concerned

That’s some spin

2 players that were there last year, a reserve keeper and a LB nobody knows

4 players that you don’t even know if it improves them or not!

They’re spending £2-4m on players all over the park, like I said 9/10 times the team that spends the most money wins the league in their nation. There will be the odd anomaly here and there but for the most part that’s what happens…
It's been proven repeatedly that the correlation between transfer budgets and league placing is pretty much non-existent.

Wage budgets are a different story.

We play our first league game I'm sure before our first qualifier. 3rd of August or thereabouts is when our qualifiers begin. Pretty certain you're wrong mate. If I am, apologies, wouldn't be the first time. B-)
Play off rounds the third, 3rd qualifying round is the 18th and that's the stage we go into.

What is it that people don’t get about we’ve been making losses? What profits do we have to spend? The club is trying to run on sustainability rather than the Murray era of throwing an overdraft about like it’s free money. Unless you want us to be reckless and end up in the same shitter as 2012?

How many clubs are actually do business right now that isn’t loans with clauses being converted? Not many the market is dead atm, the panty wetters need to calm down in here.

Sorry but if we can't spend money after taking in 16 million for a player and manager and then reaching a european final with Ibrox sell outs at £50 ish a ticket then when will we ever be able to spend?

How do you expect to break that mould if they continue to spend big, improve across their squad while we stand still in transfer windows and give sentimental extensions to players at the end of their careers who should be moved on?

Mate, we heard all this pish before. That Celtic team aren't great, far from it. We see out a couple of home games in October and the gap is 10 points going into Xmas - I don't think their manager survives that. They went on a brilliant run last year that won them the league that they will very much struggle to replicate this year.

Only the blouse brigade on here would look at both teams and believe that Celtic squad will go on to win 3,4,5 in a row.

The usual pile of crap we need to read on here when the perma feart have too much time on their hands during pre season.

They will be winning no league “1,2,3,4,5” times in a row

Last season we were literally 1 win away from winning back to back titles

There is very little between the 2 sides, I still believe if we both have first 11 on the park we beat them

We need to add 2 or 3 players but the days of them rattling up titles without a challenge are over
“Were” doesn’t matter if its 1 point or 25 still didn’t win the league.

Who said anything about not challenging? We do challenge…

How do you expect to break that mould if they continue to spend big, improve across their squad while we stand still in transfer windows and give sentimental extensions to players at the end of their careers who should be moved on?

How have they improved? A back up goalie and untested young left back who can’t defend and has a disciplinary issue?

And is the window closed and we’ve not signed anyone? We’ve signed players every window, some work and some don’t, that’s football.

We’ve given extensions to players who the manager sees as being important to the squad.

It's been proven repeatedly that the correlation between transfer budgets and league placing is pretty much non-existent.

Wage budgets are a different story.
Right, transfer budget, wage budget, overall budget.

Like I said in the short term they’ll have more money than us as they’ve been able to sell players from 2012 on wards, doesn’t mean we won’t get there but for the time being judging by our transfer dealings, keeping mcgregor, arfield etc just shows how bad it is. Both off the back of rubbish seasons but still here.

Mate, we heard all this pish before. That Celtic team aren't great, far from it. We see out a couple of home games in October and the gap is 10 points going into Xmas - I don't think their manager survives that. They went on a brilliant run last year that won them the league that they will very much struggle to replicate this year.

Only the blouse brigade on here would look at both teams and believe that Celtic squad will go on to win 3,4,5 in a row.

The usual pile of crap we need to read on here when the perma feart have too much time on their hands during pre season.
I hear that mate but at the end of the day, we never, they strengthened in Winter and we lost the league.

I don't believe they'll win that amount in a row either, however, if we want to be the dominant force and win the majority of the leagues and cups then we simply have to smarter in our business. Long window yet but I'd of expected us to be a bit more prepared than this.

They’re spending £2-4m on players all over the park, like I said 9/10 times the team that spends the most money wins the league in their nation. There will be the odd anomaly here and there but for the most part that’s what happens…

So what? Their is a ceiling in Scottish football that neither team cam breach when it comes to recruitment - Gerrard and Rodgers done the off because of it.

That Celtic squad had a good run last year but they are the same team that were the first EVER to be papped out of 3 European tournaments. You think they're now going to go win 5 league titles in a row?

Utter nonsense.

If I wanted to read about how brilliant Celtics player trading model is, how some of their players get better stats than ours and how skint we are I would head over to Kerrydale.

Can we keep this thread to purely discussing Rangers related transfers and rumours?

In regards to Colak, from looking at PAOK squad apart from him they've got 2 strikers, one of them only being 18 and they're just weeks away from playing euro qualifiers. It's absolutely plausible they want to get another striker in before letting Colak go, hopefully they go about it quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back