The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
GVB saying there is nothing happening with ins and outs currently they are just preparing in case there are bids for our players.

Still sounds like we are done unless players move on. Maybe one more if we get CL qualification

I don't like that, Kent hasn't signed a new deal yet nor has Alfie.

Some shuffling of the squad still to play out I suspect.
Kamara and Sakala possibly departing?
Katic,Roofe(who would take him?) ,Kelly to leave?
Do we loan out Mccann, Devine and maybe even Lowry?
With injury concerns over Helander and Souttar we definitely need cover at Centre Half.
Would also like to see us bring in another midfielder and striker.

I don't believe this Ryan Jack rumour for a minute but IF QPR are offering £4m for Ryan Jack, in the last year of his contract, then there is no way on this earth that Rangers are turning down the offer.

I don't believe a word of it though, so its all a bit moot.

Agree on all counts. £4m for an injury prone Jack in the final year of his contract is a no brainer. But it's such a no brainer that it's not remotely credible. We'll see.

In reality, Gio doesn't have the hard on for Jack that Gerrard had. I think he prefers a more fluid formation and Jack hasn't been available much due to injury, so hasn't had a great deal of opportunity to impress Gio. I could definitely see one of Jack or Kamara going with Sands moving to cover the defensive midfield options, but if I was putting money on it it would be Kamara moving south not Jack given the higher valuation.

IF we get into the CL we need to be showing ambition and bringing in a quality midfielder to handle that level. Don't just do what the tims do and turn up for the money and get skudded left right and centre
The issue is that our squad is quite large at 32 players and we have about 5 serious deeper centre midfielder options for 2 spots already. We won't be signing anyone unless we sell first.

Can't see anyone signing Roofe while he's injured
Guy's not even training as far as I'm aware so he needs to recover from his injury and then do a full pre-season. Even if able to start training today that suggests to me he wouldn't be ready to feature for any new club (or us) until after the September break. Can't see anyone else signing him on that basis, too long to wait for him to play.

We are two weeks away from 2 of our biggest assets being in the position to walk away for nothing.( yes we still have this season) we shoul not allow that to happen and we should be looking at options

Sign Balogun for a year.

Unsure-Original-Star-Trek.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back