The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not not scored or assisted in 5 appearances but he's never been prolific and it's early days into the season.

He's had some flashes of brilliance but hasn't hit any consistency in his time here so far.

It seems the management team rate him although that's maybe out of necessity.
From memory the goal(belter btw) against hearts in the cup final aside i would really struggle to point out any major attacking contributions in our games never mind flashes of brilliance which when you consider how long he has been here is just not good enough.

My main issue though is i see zero improvement in his end product, he was a relatively cheap signing and can 100% understand why we brought him in but when i see him being brought on to effect a game or help create/score a goal i have zero faith in him.

I know our management team seem to rate him higher than i do and they have forgot more than i know about football so who knows.

From memory the goal(belter btw) against hearts in the cup final aside i would really struggle to point out any major attacking contributions in our games never mind flashes of brilliance which when you consider how long he has been here is just not good enough.

My main issue though is i see zero improvement in his end product, he was a relatively cheap signing and can 100% understand why we brought him in but when i see him being brought on to effect a game or help create/score a goal i have zero faith in him.

I know our management team seem to rate him higher than i do and they have forgot more than i know about football so who knows.

Aye i agree fully tbh, he's not improved his consistency in the time he's been here and hasn't managed to force himself into being a regular starter and I can't see him ever doing it.

Aye i agree fully tbh, he's not improved his consistency in the time he's been here and hasn't managed to force himself into being a regular starter and I can't see him ever doing it.
Hes 100% not which in a way is ok if he can be an impact sub and effect a game, but genuinely he never does that.

Anyway enough about wright im derailing the thread:)

Kamara dropped again?

Lets hope he has a move lined up and we can use whatever fee we get to sign a more suited midfielder.

We need a commanding Centre back, a Veerman, Fugilini, class central midfielder and a striker who can compliment either Colak or Morelos.

We’ve needed a quality CM for 5 transfer windows. The current midfield is simply not good enough.

The defence right now isn’t much better. It’s a shambles.
I want one right now also who offers something different but I don't think we can sign one until we lose one. We are already overcrowded in the position.

Talk on twitter than Nice are preparing a bid for Kamara and that he asked now to be included in the matchday squad today

Who is doing the due diligence when it comes to our recruitment of players with questionable fitness? Roofe and Helander had a history of injuries. Everyone knew Souttar was/is injury prone. And even tho it's probably not as bad, in Davies last season and a half at Preston, he was out for three separate months for the same hamstring injury, missing 16 games

Who is doing the due diligence when it comes to our recruitment of players with questionable fitness? Roofe and Helander had a history of injuries. Everyone knew Souttar was/is injury prone. And even tho it's probably not as bad, in Davies last season and a half at Preston, he was out for three separate months for the same hamstring injury, missing 16 games

Kemar Roofe had half a season of injuries before we got him - the 4 seasons before that, he consistently made 30-40 league appearances. It's part of the reason we got a player who was a known goalscorer at all levels so cheap when ordinarily a Premier League team would have been keen.

Helander seems to have had a few different injuries while he's been here, some contact and some non-contact, so this wouldn't have been flagged up as one recurring injury.

Souttar was available for most of last season and didn't cost an arm and a leg so was definitely worth a punt on a free transfer. I still think he'll come good and contribute this season.

Our thinking this season looks to be having a number of good options to rotate specific positions in the hope of avoiding the kind of injuries we had last season. Let's see if it works over the whole season instead of judging by the first few weeks.

I would want good money for Kamara. Always available and he’s super fit. Without him I would worry about centre mid during a heavy schedule and with Jack inevitably unavailable for long spells in the season.

Even if no major players leave it is becoming more evident by the day that we are at least a couple of players short of where we need to be, probably more
I think we are definitely 1/2 short of where we need to be midfield is badly needing addressed and looking at the game on Saturday we might need another wide attacker.

Squad is still bloated imo and we have several players out injured which doesn't help things.

Yeah it’s putting us in a very vulnerable position.

A centre back and quality midfielder is essential.
There’s no chance we will bring in another centre back unless Davies and souttar are both out for 6 months. Which would be very unlucky in Davies case considering he’s not got any history of injuries. Davies hopefully will be back soon. For the time being we will go with Goldson, sands and king. Tbf if we bring in another centre back what does that say about giving youth a chance, king should be given the opportunity to step up. I agree on a quality midfielder but I reckon the only way we bring in one is if we sell Kamara.

We had 4 athletic players at the club, Bassey, Aribo, Kamara,Tav looks like the first 3 will be sold and GVB wants to get away from the high intensity athletic British approach and replace with sick notes and technically more gifted players.

We had 4 athletic players at the club, Bassey, Aribo, Kamara,Tav looks like the first 3 will be sold and GVB wants to get away from the high intensity athletic British approach and replace with sick notes and technically more gifted players.
Fúck sake it’s 10am and the stupid comments have started early.
Tillman, Lawrence and Cólak are athletic players .
I’m sure Gio looked at Yilmaz , Davies, Matondo and thought yes they are injury prone we should buy them. None of them are but you in your stupidity think they are.
Any way back to Kamara hope he is away and we get decent money for him ,invest some in a different sort of midfielder.

There’s no chance we will bring in another centre back unless Davies and souttar are both out for 6 months. Which would be very unlucky in Davies case considering he’s not got any history of injuries. Davies hopefully will be back soon. For the time being we will go with Goldson, sands and king. Tbf if we bring in another centre back what does that say about giving youth a chance, king should be given the opportunity to step up. I agree on a quality midfielder but I reckon the only way we bring in one is if we sell Kamara.
Hypothetically speaking, if we have 3 out long term, do you think Sands and King are good enough for the next 6 months?

So you would class Aribo and Kamara as more athletic than technical ?

I agree there needs to be a balance but surely Colak and Lawrence would be classed as athletic?

It’s common practice, happens all the time.

Fofana from Leicester wasn’t in their squad at weekend, Chelsea preparing another bid.
Yeah but they have already bid and turned the players head and its mega money mate.

Surely clubs don't say we are going to make a bid and you then don't play your own player and a bid never comes or its derisory? Doesn't make sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back