The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am concerned about the durability of this squad. Bassey, Aribo and now possibly Kamara leaving. 3 athletic and strong players.
Davies,Yilmaz and Souttar don't strike me as being particularly strong. Souttar more fragile than lacking strength. Matondo lacks the heart for a fight to imo.
I sincerely hope they all prove me wrong.

Hypothetically speaking, if we have 3 out long term, do you think Sands and King are good enough for the next 6 months?
I think sands has shown he’s good enough to be the centre back next to Goldson imo. Then it’s relying on king to be a back up, which imo isn’t the worst option. What happens after that six months when Davies and souttar are back and centre back options look like Goldson, new signing, sands, Davies, souttar and king. Hardly sending out a good message to king and other young players really.

I think sands has shown he’s good enough to be the centre back next to Goldson imo. Then it’s relying on king to be a back up, which imo isn’t the worst option. What happens after that six months when Davies and souttar are back and centre back options look like Goldson, new signing, sands, Davies, souttar and king. Hardly sending out a good message to king and other young players really.
add Helander.

absolutely no way we should sign a CB

Wilfred Gnotto 18 year old italian internation that plays for Fc Zurich, in the last of contract and available for 4 Million. Can play as Stiker or Right Winger mostly. This is the type of player we should be looking at bringing in.

Wilfred Gnotto 18 year old italian internation that plays for Fc Zurich, in the last of contract and available for 4 Million. Can play as Stiker or Right Winger mostly. This is the type of player we should be looking at bringing in.
No. Gnotto is a good prospect, but we dont need any more project players. We need first team starters - players who will start and make a tangible difference to us on the park.

No. Gnotto is a good prospect, but we dont need any more project players. We need first team starters - players who will start and make a tangible difference to us on the park.
You think Matondo is more first team ready that Gnotto and will offer more? Also value for future sell on, 1/2 decent seasons and he'd command a bassey fee.

No way. He'd be nicknamed Carfin.
For that reason I'm out! :cool:

Leeds have agreed a contract with him.

We had 4 athletic players at the club, Bassey, Aribo, Kamara,Tav looks like the first 3 will be sold and GVB wants to get away from the high intensity athletic British approach and replace with sick notes and technically more gifted players.
Lundstram is athletic tbf. Balogun was too. Definitely agree though there’s a change from athletes to more technical players in the main, probably see us get pumped in Europe as a result

Do we know for sure Davies is out long term?

If so, we need another CB even on loan for the season. Sands is doing well buyt we cant have only 3 CB's considering the number of games we play.
No, rumours are that it's personal issues. He missed matches for Sheffield United due to it last season.

No, rumours are that it's personal issues. He missed matches for Sheffield United due to it last season.
Ah. I havent seen those rumours. Last night on here there was a thread of rumours that it was a fairly serious injury.

Glad it mght not be and hopefully he can sort out/get help for the personal issue.

3 injury prone CBs would be madness.
yeah seems Zurich are holding up this possible deal now. Marshe doesn't think he's ready for the premier league ( not many 18 year olds are ). Could still be worth making an offer as the boy has talent.

Really think we need to offload this window
I think you could see some of the following go.
Sakala if he is not in any the plans
Roofe same as sakala
Kamara doesn't fit our system
McCrorie obv not good enough
That's not including the likes of Kelly.

Would like to see a new GK and Prob a midfielder. Wouldn't surprise me if we sign Oralu

Souttar crocked
Helander crocked
Roofe crocked
Davies crocked
Morelos unfit physically and questionable mentally.
Jack unfit
Matondo struggling to impact and settle
Goldson way off form and gifting opportunities
Kamara looking elsewhere and maybe distracted.

It’s fair to say we have a list of challenges and I doubt we will get through against PSV, but we must show well in Europa again if we fail this week. I’d be keen to see the likes of Lowery get game time sooner rather than later as he likes to play at pace and isn’t afraid to have a dig from range and so far middle to front both of those items have been missing in abundance!!!

Souttar crocked
Helander crocked
Roofe crocked
Davies crocked
Jack unfit

It’s fair to say we have a list of challenges and I doubt we will get through against PSV, but we must show well in Europa again if we fail this week. I’d be keen to see the likes of Lowery get game time sooner rather than later as he likes to play at pace and isn’t afraid to have a dig from range and so far middle to front both of those items have been missing in abundance!!!
Is Davies injury bad? Can't see anything confirmed anywhere

Is Davies injury bad? Can't see anything confirmed anywhere
Unsure on the rumours but GVB referred to a small problem initially, it can’t be his previous personal issues as you wouldn’t class something like that family matter as small if it was a reoccurrence.

He’s had previous issue with a calf injury in his career so hopefully nothing as bad as Roofes issues with his calf’s.

Unsure on the rumours but GVB referred to a small problem initially, it can’t be his previous personal issues as you wouldn’t class something like that family matter as small if it was a reoccurrence.

He’s had previous issue with a calf injury in his career so hopefully nothing as bad as Roofes issues with his calf’s.
If we've signed the Kemar Roofe of centre backs we should go apeshit surely the recruitment team look into injury history as a factor hopefully what he has is minor.

Souttar crocked
Helander crocked
Roofe crocked
Davies crocked
Jack unfit

This is depressing reading but sadly it's the facts.

This is depressing reading but sadly it's the facts.
Agreed, there’s no fun in scribbling that state of play. Young McCann Lowery and King will hopefully bring us all some upside to this season which is undoubtedly a transition year. We need 2 or 3 of our new signings to be Talismanic this season too if we are to still be in European football post Xmas and into last 16 or 8.

Anyone think we will / should push the boat out for another striker?

Roofe never fit, Sakala seemingly out the picture, Morelos now unfit and attitude problem. Leaves us very very light up top.

An injury to Colak and we are in serious trouble.

I f*cking hope so!!

Huge week coming up now. We are now short in the striker position, have concerns about the availability of multiple centre backs and haven’t added the quality needed in CM.

We need to be getting players moved on pronto that are not going to feature and get a few more in

Anyone think we will / should push the boat out for another striker?

Roofe never fit, Sakala seemingly out the picture, Morelos now unfit and attitude problem. Leaves us very very light up top.

An injury to Colak and we are in serious trouble.
It seems to me that GVB doesn’t like any sign of a maverick player whatsoever. His freezing out of Sakala for example is baffling. A guy who scored 12 goals last season not being given any minutes.

Now this Morelos situation blows up. What a mess that is. Could we not have dealt with it quietly?

Things aren’t looking good. Andy Macgowan raised red flags after Livingston and now it seems that was just the tip of the iceberg.

8 days left to sign a GK, CH, box to box CAM and now a striker.

Jesus Christ.

It seems to me that GVB doesn’t like any sign of a maverick player whatsoever. His freezing out of Sakala for example is baffling. A guy who scored 12 goals last season not being given any minutes.

Now this Morelos situation blows up. What a mess that is. Could we not have dealt with it quietly?

Things aren’t looking good. Andy Macgowan raised red flags after Livingston and now it seems that was just the tip of the iceberg.

8 days left to sign a GK, CH, box to box CAM and now a striker.

Jesus Christ.
we need a CH, and a CAM?... we have 6 registered CH's... and we just brought in tillman and lawrence for the #10 role... How big do you want our squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back