The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing with a $2-3 million experienced player at 29 years old (for example) is you pretty much know what you are getting with regards capability and injury history etc

You could spend $20-30 million on a young player with potential, that never really fulfils that potential or ends up constantly injured.

Yes mate, this seems like a low risk investment if we’re going ahead.

If we can’t compete with Toulouse for a 2 million pound signing then we’d be as well shutting the doors.
Thats not the point, don't get confused between 'price' and 'value'

Imagine we did our research on a player and bid £500k for them. That's what we think would be the right value.

If Toulouse are DESPERATE for the player they may bid more just to make sure they got him. If Rangers don't think the value is there then what do you want us to do? Bid higher?

Or if Toulouse were cash rich and were able to bid higher on the player we valued at £500k, could we afford more than £2m? Yes. Is it good value? No. So would you want us to compete?

The only reason Rangers would compete is if they see the value still sitting right at the amount we bid, so if we drop interest in the player it's not because we can't afford it, it's because the value isn't there.

Example: A mcflurry is £1.50,... pretty decent value. If McDonald's wanted £8 for it, I wouldn't buy it. Can I afford £8 for the mcflurry? Yes. Do I think the value is there? No. Instead of buying a mcflurry I would try to look at my youth academy and see what players we already have. (My analogy fell apart there)

Last edited:
People need to realise that it's not just about the club being interested in a player. The player also needs to be interested in coming to the club.

If for example Dallinga fancies Toulouse, but not Rangers then we can be as interested as we like but we won't get very far.

Ross Stewart is 3 years younger than Čolak. Goals scored throughout their careers are kind of similar. Why are people so quick to dismiss Stewart? Because he doesn't have a foreign sounding name?
Maybe it's because he can't get into a shit Scotland team that it raises a few red flags. Then again it's a Scotland team picked by a dinosaur.

Where’s the source for this as nobody has ever suggested we didn’t pay £2m?

The closest we got was the option to buy being debunked, nobody mentioned or debunked the loan fee though.
Did H&H not say there was no loan fee involved, and Juve were paying the vast majority of his wages?

How accurate that was, I don’t know, but I’m fairly certain they said it.

My understanding is that we didn’t pay a loan fee for him and only picked up a small part of his weekly Juventus wage.
We’ll need to see when the accounts are out then since there’s no source for that at all anywhere.

Maybe it's because he can't get into a shit Scotland team that it raises a few red flags. Then again it's a Scotland team picked by a dinosaur.
Scotland’s main striker cost £15m, to be fair.

Clarke does seem to prefer Dykes to Stewart, right enough.

The closest we got was the option to buy being debunked, nobody mentioned or debunked the loan fee though.
Widely reported at the time we paid £2m.

He was a waste of money and in recent weeks there’s been more and more noise that we didn’t pay any fee for him…

Just seems a tad convenient that at the time no one seemed to shout down the £2m reported fee (cynic in me thinks those in power probably felt that fee would turn out to be a bargain and gave the impression we were spending money)

Now the signing has been a shocker, all of a sudden the noise is we got him for nothing

I can’t help but think that if Dallinga was that good PSV, Feyenoord or even Ajax would have been in for him.

He’s not a player I’ve seen but generally if you’re decent for a lesser Dutch team one of the big 3 will come in for you.

He was a waste of money and in recent weeks there’s been more and more noise that we didn’t pay any fee for him…

Just seems a tad convenient that at the time no one seemed to shout down the £2m reported fee (cynic in me thinks those in power probably felt that fee would turn out to be a bargain and gave the impression we were spending money)

Now the signing has been a shocker, all of a sudden the noise is we got him for nothing

We absolutely did not pay any fee of any sort for Ramsey. Im actually surprised that’s now two of you saying it was widely reported. I genuinely didn’t see anything about it at the time. Would have laughed at it if we did because we didn’t pay them any fee.

We absolutely did not pay any fee of any sort for Ramsey. Im actually surprised that’s now two of you saying it was widely reported. I genuinely didn’t see anything about it at the time. Would have laughed at it if we did because we didn’t pay them any fee.

It was reported from Italy at the time.

In a straight choice I would take Botheim, but given the teams in for him I would be surprised if we get close to signing him.

I would like both signed and Roofe moved on.

Ramsey would have cost us alot more than £500k.

I agree with you on Colak / Botheim / Dallinga mate, I’d be happy with two of them given Roofe’s availability.

I still think the Ramsey money was around 35k a week for the few months.

It is interesting that we seem to be mainly linked with strikers like Colak and Dallinga.

The striker position was definitely a problem at the end of the season with Morelos and Roofe being crocked and Itten being Itten.

Keeping Morelos and selling Roofe then bringing in Colak and Dallinga would be good business. Colak is slightly younger than Roofe and has a better goal scoring record and is hardly ever injured.

Having Morelos, Colak and Dallinga would leave us with pretty good cover for the striker position.

Can you give us any scrap of a clue on signings, just anything like you did in the last day of the window with Gareth McAuley ;)

Sadly my days of having any clue as to what will be happening are long gone, Rangers made it very clear internally that any person found leaking information will be shown the door.

If anything does leak, it won't be from the club side, rather the agent side, and we all know what bastions of truth they are :D

It is interesting that we seem to be mainly linked with strikers like Colak and Dallinga.

The striker position was definitely a problem at the end of the season with Morelos and Roofe being crocked and Itten being Itten.

Keeping Morelos and selling Roofe then bringing in Colak and Dallinga would be good business. Colak is slightly younger than Roofe and has a better goal scoring record and is hardly ever injured.

Having Morelos, Colak and Dallinga would leave us with pretty good cover for the striker position.

Hasn’t Dallinga signed for Toulouse?

Sadly my days of having any clue as to what will be happening are long gone, Rangers made it very clear internally that any person found leaking information will be shown the door.

If anything does leak, it won't be from the club side, rather the agent side, and we all know what bastions of truth they are :D
Makes sense from the club, I just miss the times like when you told us Ryan Kent was signing.

Someone on here mentioned he was at the training ground at the end of last week, hopefully a new contract is on the table.
After injury he went back to Colombia for a bit of RnR, then he was back at Auchenhowie doing more rehab and the shape he was in was unreal. Think he then went to Portugal for a bit more rehab and down time and was back last week yeah.

Fitness wise, he should be almost ready and well ahead of rest of players already with the extra time he put in.

Di Marzio who is one of the most reliable in terms of Italian football reported we paid £2m.
I recall him talking about a loan-to-buy deal, for sure. Not recalling too much more in all honesty. Doesn't mean he didn't say it of course, you got a link? EDIT: Never mind, its a moot point now anyway. Would only be adding to the endless FF quest for point-scoring either way. At this stage it doesn't really matter.:)

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure it was confirmed we paid nothing up front, around the time the Radio Clyde Loyal were all phoning up greeting about it.

IMO the only striker that I'm confident we're actually interested in so far is Colak. Botheim and Dallinga were two names that both popped up in here long before they were being reported on, so find it hard to believe that there's any evidence of us trying to sign either of them just yet.

After injury he went back to Colombia for a bit of RnR, then he was back at Auchenhowie doing more rehab and the shape he was in was unreal. Think he then went to Portugal for a bit more rehab and down time and was back last week yeah.

Fitness wise, he should be almost ready and well ahead of rest of players already with the extra time he put in.

When he was at the training Ground prior to Portugal, he was still overweight. That’s why he went to Portugal for some warm weather training and rehab and to shift some of it

It's not a fact. His name appeared in here before anywhere else. It happens every single window without fail. I think there's much better options out there anyway.
Mate, last week, before anything came out in the media, I literally posted that we were interested in Thijs Dallinga.

I also told you that Genoa and AZ Alkmaar were interested and that a €2m bid was made by an unknown team that was rejected as his club wanted €2.5m. - Revealed in last 24h that this club was Toulouse.

Foreign media reported our interest, alongside Genoa and others that his club want €5m for him - I then posted that the figure is wrong and that his club only want €2.5m.

Now Toulouse close to getting him for €2.5m.

For "made up" info about Dallinga that was nowhere to be found on the internet, I certainly think the info I posted was pretty damn accurate.

When he was at the training Ground prior to Portugal, he was still overweight. That’s why he went to Portugal for some warm weather training and rehab and to shift some of it
Will be interesting to see what goals GVB and co are setting Alfie for fitness/weight in comparison to Gerrard

People need to realise that it's not just about the club being interested in a player. The player also needs to be interested in coming to the club.

If for example Dallinga fancies Toulouse, but not Rangers then we can be as interested as we like but we won't get very far.

It seems rather obvious but the response to Veerman indicated that some failed to grasp this. Or they simply wanted to moan about Wilson/Board anyway.

Hasn’t Dallinga signed for Toulouse?
The only press saying he's signing for Toulouse is The Scottish Daily Express.

The article they have taken quotes from (Excelsior's Technical Director, Nick Kersten) states that Toulouse had a bid rejected and also states that we are interested.

Basically, they have misread a couple of news reports (L'Equipe and Voetbalprimeur). Not to say we'll sign him or that he won't end up at Toulouse, but if they had read the two reports properly, their headline would read 'Toulouse have bid for Dallinga rejected. Rangers interested'.

From Voetbalprimeur (Dutch press who probably don't steal posts from here)

'Giovanni van Bronckhorst's Rangers FC is also interested in Dallinga, but not as concretely as Toulouse. And so there is more interest. Vitesse is also very charmed by Dallinga, although the question is whether the Arnhem team can pay him at all'.

Mate, youre a well known and respected poster on here.
This is a new transfer thread, lets now make this one about, he said this and he said that, and they need to answer to this.

Lets talk about incomings and outgoings

Dude.

We did not spend one penny on a single player in January or last summer.

If Dougie Park & Ross Wilson tried to claim they'd then waited to spend £2.5m on January deadline day on a loan player I'd have laughed in their face for being liars.

Cannot believe anyone took in the stupid reporting that led to these rumours, if we had £2.5m for a deal it wouldn't have been spent on a loan!

Will be interesting to see what goals GVB and co are setting Alfie for fitness/weight in comparison to Gerrard

He did look good in pictures at the training centre earlier in the month as @SuperGers07 says but my understanding is that he was still a good bit away from what is still expected of him weight wise. Worth remembering he was carrying an injury though.

To be fair to him he’s came back in worse states from Colombia without any injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back