The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It covers the financial restraints the club needs to work to under the new FFP rules and that the board are potentially doing their job in looking after the club (damn them).

Notes we also have a bloated squad that are likely sucking up a-lot of wages (Simpson, Katic etc).

The last pertinent point for me, the big clubs are all buying from each other meaning the lower end of the market (£1m - £10m) transfers are not flowing through as much meaning players are running their deals down.
Thanks mate, that all sounds about right.

up there with an earlier post about being "conditioned" absolutely mentalists lol

Haha.

I only check this thread a couple of times a day so it's usually jumped 6 or 7 pages when I do. I never read any page except the last, scroll down quickly for any links, and I mean actual links from Twitter or a website linking us to players, so basically miss all of the crazy stuff.

'Patterns of behaviour' caught my attention though!!!! B-)

I’m not sure what is more concerning the fact that our players in their last year aren’t getting decent bids tabled early in the window or Wilsons track record to date and the ongoing slow news weeks!

It covers the financial restraints the club needs to work to under the new FFP rules and that the board are potentially doing their job in looking after the club (damn them).

Notes we also have a bloated squad that are likely sucking up a-lot of wages (Simpson, Katic etc).

The last pertinent point for me, the big clubs are all buying from each other meaning the lower end of the market (£1m - £10m) transfers are not flowing through as much meaning players are running their deals down.
Sounds fine to me. I’ve never known such panic before regarding transfer window activity. I don’t know what it’s down to.

Fan media should stop putting out the party line when it’s that obvious.

Only doing more harm than good
I sub H&H and listen daily, but I'm getting fed up with how they tend to toe the party line with things like this instead of actually giving a critique of what it is they're being told

Couple of days ago they were out with David Graham's fighting talk about how Rangers won't be hanging about for Colak and will move on to other targets if this drags on much longer.

Generally a good listen, just wish they'd actually pick some of these obvious club lines apart instead of just nodding and saying yes.

I keep coming back to the fact our squad is in really good shape.

Goldson signing again settled my biggest concern as him leaving would have left a considerable hole to fill from a playing and leadership perspective.

Davis and Arfield signing again also made sense, they know the league, we have loads of games between now and the WC and will help guys like Lowry with their transition.

McGregor is the only blot for me, I love the big man but he can’t be No1 next season - time will tell on that point.

So, defence is in good shape as is the midfield. A starting 3 of Lundstram, Jack and Kamara for example bosses every domestic game. Chuck in Hagi, Davis, Arfield and we are fine.

Striker to replace Itten, a RW to push an improving Wright are the 2 priority signings in my eyes.

Aribo, Kent and Morelos - their contracts need resolved sooner rather than later - 3 new deals would be ideal!!

We are going into champions league games with same squad joke getting really piss off now same as last year
Are we? Wouldn't think so but even if we do the squad is good enough to get us through those ties.

Longer term we need freshness but in the short term we are fine. I'd fully expect new signings long before August 2nd, indeed before our 1st league game.

Last edited:
So what patterns of behaviour have you identified?

What did you assess?

What conclusions did you arrive at?

What will you do next based on your conclusions?

Sorry Gaffer you have not been successful in your application. :)
How the club has operated in the last few windows in terms of spend etc. Obviously none of us know but we can have an educated guess based on what we've witnessed in the past.

I don't see that as wildly hilarious terminology but fair enough! Maybe a bit oh cheese baguette from Chewing the Fat in fairness!

I’m not reaching for the panic button around the lack of movement in the transfer market but I can understand why some are getting twitchy.

We went into the CL qualifiers nowhere near ready last year so people are fearing the same again.

How the club has operated in the last few windows in terms of spend etc. Obviously none of us know but we can have an educated guess based on what we've witnessed in the past.

I don't see that as wildly hilarious terminology but fair enough! Maybe a bit oh cheese baguette from Chewing the Fat in fairness!

Haha mad Sigmund.

Next summer is going to be interesting if the likes of Aribo, Morelos and Kent don’t sign new deals.

We risk losing £30m+ worth of talent for nothing. On top of a number of players out of contract.

How do we finance a rebuild - because that’s exactly what could be required in 12 months time.

I sub H&H and listen daily, but I'm getting fed up with how they tend to toe the party line with things like this instead of actually giving a critique of what it is they're being told

Couple of days ago they were out with David Graham's fighting talk about how Rangers won't be hanging about for Colak and will move on to other targets if this drags on much longer.

Generally a good listen, just wish they'd actually pick some of these obvious club lines apart instead of just nodding and saying yes.
They all have to toe the line.

Great for club fed info, just dont expect any probing of the club to be heavy as it risks them being cut off from the club fed info.

Next summer is going to be interesting if the likes of Aribo, Morelos and Kent don’t sign new deals.

We risk losing £30m+ worth of talent for nothing. On top of a number of players out of contract.

How do we finance a rebuild - because that’s exactly what could be required in 12 months time.

Don't think 99% of the people on here can mentally cope with this summer and it's about 2 weeks old. You're playing a dangerous game mentioning next summer to them.

Keep telling yourself that. It may well become true one day.
Yeah I think we are missing a centre half commanding in the air, a goalscoring attacking midfielder, a pacy right winger who can finish and at least one back up striker.

I’m not sure what is more concerning the fact that our players in their last year aren’t getting decent bids tabled early in the window or Wilsons track record to date and the ongoing slow news weeks!
Yeah I’m relaxed about this window but letting Aribo, Kent and Morelos get down to their last year is appalling business.

I’m still astonished that we have people on here and Twitter in reasonably privileged positions trying to claim that losing them for free wouldn’t be that bad.

I’m not reaching for the panic button around the lack of movement in the transfer market but I can understand why some are getting twitchy.

We went into the CL qualifiers nowhere near ready last year so people are fearing the same again.
You are never “ready” for these early qualifiers they are notoriously known as slippy banana skins hence the carve up to ensure the big 5 nations teams all automatically get there.

Personally I don’t feel the same pressure as previous seasons, it would be nice to get the money from the CL, But I much prefer the Europa and the pressure is off us as we are guaranteed group stage Europa no matter what.

People need to chill out a bit. It’s meant to be enjoyable.

Then they simply should be forced somehow out the door this summer. If we have to accept a lesser fee, so be it. We can’t allow that walking away for free scenario to happen.

I like Stevie but I stopped reading here "Rangers need to be a team that finds a gem and here’s where Antonio Colak comes in.". Is he being pushed as a 'gem' now?

A point was also made by him regarding the bloated centre back position. Wilson has been here 3/4 years. Why are we in a position that we have to wait for him to get rid of some of the shite he has brought in, to further add?

Can we not get by this summer without worrying about next?

Katic, Simpson and Sands need to go IMO for us to release some wage funds. Middleton and Kelly back out on loan with wages covered in full. Aribo and McCrorie more than likely to be sold and "hopefully" that should be enough to kick start the transfer activity

They will surely sign new deals in the coming days. Stop panicking ffs people are making this worse than it needs to be

Yeah I think we are missing a centre half commanding in the air, a goalscoring attacking midfielder, a pacy right winger who can finish and at least one back up striker.
LCB, and I agree with the rest. Without a doubt. Plainly obvious to anyone who watched us domestically last year.

They ask the club and report what they are told, would you prefer them to make stuff up, then when it doesn’t happen it would be “heart and hand said it was a done deal etc”. Rangers won’t hang about for Colak but tbf we are only about a week into this, if we are as far down the road as it looks then there’s no point in scrapping everything for the sake of giving POAK a few days to find a replacement.

Should the fact we have ‘thousands’ of targets in our database but that doesn’t include the apparent best player at the Euro U-19 tournament be a concern? :))
My thoughts exactly.

What a sound bite that “thousands on a database” is. What a load of pïsh.

That will come back to haunt those in charge if we don’t strengthen where we need to.

I was genuinely shocked when I read on here that Prso was 29 when we signed him. It just shows you how times have changed, I never gave his age a second thought at the time, didn't care about sell on, didn't care about 'the model', just wanted to see the best players we could afford on the modest budget Eck had to work with, on the pitch!

Simpler times.

Its basically the same squad who have fluffed it time and time again domestically.

Nobody is arguing that they get themselves up for a European night and do us proud.
Except winning the biggest title in our 150 year history unbeaten in 38 games and taking the one they wanted more than any other to stop “the 10” . That squad? Plus the Scottish cup plus a European final ? Fluffers eh?

Dearie, dearie me.

We have people getting frantic about the lack of transfer window activity.

We have people telling us we're skint.

Know what? You know fiick all about what's going on behind the scenes. And I'd wager no other ciint on this thread does either. Rangers have played cards close to chest for years now, scum journos know fiick all about our business, and personally I like it that way.

Save your frothing at the mouth for when window "slams shut".

I keep coming back to the fact our squad is in really good shape.

Goldson signing again settled my biggest concern as him leaving would have left a considerable hole to fill from a playing and leadership perspective.

Davis and Arfield signing again also made sense, they know the league, we have loads of games between now and the WC and will help guys like Lowry with their transition.

McGregor is the only blot for me, I love the big man but he can’t be No1 next season - time will tell on that point.

So, defence is in good shape as is the midfield. A starting 3 of Lundstram, Jack and Kamara for example bosses every domestic game. Chuck in Hagi, Davis, Arfield and we are fine.

Striker to replace Itten, a RW to push an improving Wright are the 2 priority signings in my eyes.

Aribo, Kent and Morelos - their contracts need resolved sooner rather than later - 3 new deals would be ideal!!
Exactly. I seen one post highlight the lack of transfer activity by the Europa League finalists at the same time we have CL qualifiers soon! I think the current squad being Europa League finalists should be able to navigate the qualifiers!

If they don’t sign then we sell them

I like Stevie but I stopped reading here "Rangers need to be a team that finds a gem and here’s where Antonio Colak comes in.". Is he being pushed as a 'gem' now?

A point was also made by him regarding the bloated centre back position. Wilson has been here 3/4 years. Why are we in a position that we have to wait for him to get rid of some of the shite he has brought in, to further add?

Colak, in all fairness looks as if he will come into the side more often than not. Certainly will be the second “number 9” type behind Alfie if he remains.

Centre half area is needing addressed and I still think we need to lose 2 centre half’s ie Simpson and Katic and bring another one in as Souttar will inevitably go down with an injury given the Rangers curse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back