The Winter 2020/21 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Kent won't rotate out of the team much either way, I'd bet.

And Roofe on the right (as such) works well for us, as does Aribo in certain games.

If he was central, with Kent and Olsen playing, you'd have Morelos, Hagi, Itten all ahead of Kennedy as well. I just don't think he'd get many minutes in that case. Even taking his suspension into account, Jones hardly made the bench anyway and Kennedy would be replacing him.
I would personally view it as Morelos and Itten being available to replace Roofe with Hagi and Kennedy being our options in the advanced role depending on the situation. Hagi is better in and around the box whereas Kennedy is better in getting the ball into dangerous areas(at least in theory)

For me, it'd be Roofe, Morelos and Itten as our 3 strikers with Kent, Skov Olsen, Kennedy and Hagi for the R/LF positions.

I would personally view it as Morelos and Itten being available to replace Roofe with Hagi and Kennedy being our options in the advanced role depending on the situation. Hagi is better in and around the box whereas Kennedy is better in getting the ball into dangerous areas(at least in theory)

For me, it'd be Roofe, Morelos and Itten as our 3 strikers with Kent, Skov Olsen, Kennedy and Hagi for the R/LF positions.

Fair enough. I don't believe, given the choice, Gerrard would play Kennedy ahead of Roofe, Itten or Aribo in one of those roles at this stage. He'd be best left at Inverness to play every week.

He's still got a bit to do in terms of development, more games would be best.

I'd much rather Zinckernagel over Skov Olsen. 43 goal contributions in 28 games in Norway! Free Agent in 3 days and he'll likely have quite a few offers but you don't ask you don't get.

Siriki Dembele pre-contract from Peterborough Utd.
That boy from QPR (The pedos are looking at him too)

A MF and RW (Olsen maybe?) loan.

Out:
Jones (Sell or loan to fellow SP team)
Stewart (Same as above)
Barker (Same as above)
Edmundson (Same as Above)
Middleton (loan to a Dutch team apparently)

Hopefully pull a few pre-contracts out the bag.

We also have to add to Scottish quota for Europe.

Would take McLean but I doubt it as he's playing regular for Norwich and I don't see us spending money this window unless we sell.

Big window ahead for both us and the pedo's of the east.

Fair enough. I don't believe, given the choice, Gerrard would play Kennedy ahead of Roofe, Itten or Aribo in one of those roles at this stage. He'd be best left at Inverness to play every week.

He's still got a bit to do in terms of development, more games would be best.
My thinking behind it is that he will play and offer more than Jones, Stewart and arguably Barker have this season.

It essentially gives us a new signing for free and hopefully allows us to secure our best prospect on a new contract.

A loan would be ideal for him next season but I think the club would be better off with him available for the remainder of this one.

Phillip Zinckernagel becomes a free agent in a few days and I’d be surprised if we haven’t taken a look at him.

Never heard of him before but one look at his stats would make you think a couple of teams would surely have an eye on him.

Reactions: Moz
If we were bringing in Skov Olson, would it really be smart to recall Kennedy? He wouldn't play much with the options we have as it is.
I think Kennedy might be told he'll be taking jones/Stewarts place in the squad this will be his pathways which will get him to sign a new deal

The way I see it, we would stop having to play Roofe and/or Aribo out of position in the RF role and gain the ability to rest/rotate Kent on the other side.

Opportunity of plenty of minutes available for both players.
We're not playing Roofe out of position by playing him on the right, it's a position he's been used in his whole career and has done really well in so far this season.

I do agree we could do with someone to compete with Kent as we don't have much/any cover there though.

We're not playing Roofe out of position by playing him on the right, it's a position he's been used in his whole career and has done really well in so far this season.

I do agree we could do with someone to compete with Kent as we don't have much/any cover there though.
Roofe has always been a versatile striker but absolutely plays out of position in our system as the right forward.

It's bizarre to me because Roofe is as close to perfect as you can get for the false 9 role we give to Morelos.

Will be interesting to see what Gerrard and Wilson feel we need?

I'd like to move on the likes of Jones and Stewart, absolutely no place for them.

Very little required.

Stewart and Jones out, try and get Osayi-Samuel on a pre-contract. That would do nicely.

Recall Kennedy and try get one of Osayi Samuel, Jacob Murphy and Siriki Dembele signed on a pre-contract and attempt to bring them in early.

Jack and arfield injuries are the key to what business we do. If they are out medium to long term its centre midfielders where the business gets done. If not then a wide forward option is needed imo with Stewart, Middleton and Jones leaving.

Roofe has always been a versatile striker but absolutely plays out of position in our system as the right forward.

It's bizarre to me because Roofe is as close to perfect as you can get for the false 9 role we give to Morelos.
If you go by TransferMarkt, which is generally pretty good for stats apart from player values, he's played as a Left or Right sided forward twice as many times as he has as a centre forward in his career.

I trust Gerrard and his backroom team to know better than the rest of us where our players can be played.

Thought the left winger for hibs think it was doig ,looked the part had good pace, liked to go by players and whips in a fierce ball would be ideal competition for Kent if we re looking to off load jones n barker.

Thought the left winger for hibs think it was doig ,looked the part had good pace, liked to go by players and whips in a fierce ball would be ideal competition for Kent if we re looking to off load jones n barker.
Actually think Boyle is their top man. Did have my heart in my mouth at his early chance.

I really don't fancy Lundstrum for the wages that would be required.
He'd likely be our highest paid midfielder and I don't think he's nearly as good as our midfielders.
I agree with this mate, he could be a top signing but its a risk for the wages he would want.

Premiership players under 30 years old on a bosman tend to command a high wage mate

prem players outwith the big guns arent on as much as folk think.

we can easily compete

sure I read somewhere if you take out the top teams the average wage was around 20k

Quiet window for us I suspect. Wilson will be busy trying to retain our best players and agree new contracts, if anything. Would be really happy if we keep our core squad unadulterated and even sneak a short loan or Bosman.

Very rarely do our wingers get the opportunity to be 1v1 vs a fullback with teams sitting so deep. Whenever Kent gets to go 1v1 he usually beats his man.
he does when he's already at speed, not so much from a standing start, we need someone who can dribble past a packed defence, plus Kent's forms no been that good recently

Back