Archive The Winter 2021/22 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Middleton isn't great but he's better than Barker. Barker wasn't wanted by Oxford United.
Barker did well for Hibs In the SPL Middleton has done next to nothing.

The reason I said if was because you made a daft suggestion about bringing him back.

Sorry mate.

4,5m Gerrard now
8,0m Nathan now

4,0m Nathan over a period of years
4,0m Nathan as games etc targets met

Nathan Sell On - We don’t know.

There are 2 Nathan 4m’s. One based on delayed payments, the second based on targets that may or may not be hit.
Agree with those finances on Patterson

I see that Joe Rothwell who we were linked with a few months back has been left out the Blackburn squad tonight despite being in great form. Back problems claimed. Hmmm....

That obviously means...........................f.uck all. :D

Good player though and heading out of contract.

He’s also shone at Europa league level whereas Barker looked out his depth against Stirling Albion.
He hardly shone,
Barker is poor and hasn’t done much for us at all but he did perform well in the SPL with Hibs.

Anyway it’s a Transfer thread the point I was making was it is a daft suggestion.

At the risk of censure for going off topic, Middleton was a youth signing that won’t make it with us despite showing flashes while Barker is a complete dud. Not his fault, he’s just nowhere near it.

I see that Joe Rothwell who we were linked with a few months back has been left out the Blackburn squad tonight despite being in great form. Back problems claimed. Hmmm....

He isn't exactly a goalscoring midfielder, but he is quite different to anything we have. Pacey and dribbles past people like they aren't even there.

I think it's clear there is money there to spend, the problem is doing business in January is very difficult. Teams don't want to lose players halfway through a season and most players themselves don't want to up and leave either. It's not easy.

Good enough.
What position and is he any good?

Last edited:
Can someone explain what a baller is? How do I measure when a player is a baller or not? It is obviously not scored goals as Sakala has scored 6 already and isn't a baller. Sands is just out of nappies, and he is a baller, so it is not aged related. How many ballers do we have? Patterson was sold for 16mil was he a baller or raw talent? How do I know who is a baller and who not.
The trick is that you need to look at their balls

Actively part of a team that won 2 cups. What's Barker done?
He played In a Terrible Scottish Cup final and didn’t make the squad for an even worse league cup final.

Barker did better performance wise in his time at Hibs as Middleton has in Perth.

Regardless who is worse or who is better both are poor players and neither improve us in any way.

That’s my point your suggestion was an extremely poor one.

Had a look on a couple of Blackburn forums to see if there was any talk about Rothwell to us. Nothing there. Incidentally, Blackburn have pretty much completed the pre-contract signing of Ryan Hedges and they will be trying to get him this month. So maybe Rothwell is for the off.

I’d be pretty happy with Rothwell tbh. Would take around £1m to sign him in January though.

He played In a Terrible Scottish Cup final and didn’t make the squad for an even worse league cup final.

Barker did better performance wise in his time at Hibs as Middleton has in Perth.

Regardless who is worse or who is better both are poor players and neither improve us in any way.

That’s my point your suggestion was an extremely poor one.
Who says Barker did better apart from you? 2 goals in 30 for Hibs and 3 in 26 for us.

Middleton 4 in 32 for St Johnstone and 5 in 29 for us.

So I think it is you who is making the daft or poor points.

If you were at Ibrox on Friday and think Barker offers more than Middleton a think you should get your eyes tested pal.

Who says Barker did better apart from you? 2 goals in 30 for Hibs and 3 in 26 for us.

Middleton 4 in 32 for St Johnstone and 5 in 29 for us.

So I think it is you who is making the daft or poor points.

If you were at Ibrox on Friday and think Barker offers more than Middleton a think you should get your eyes tested pal.
Listen your suggestion was mince both are no where near good enough I wouldn’t want either within a mile of our team.

Barker hasn’t played a first team game for months and yes he was terrible as he has been many games for us, Middleton has had plenty of terrible games for StJohnstone and us and he’s not even a regular starter, Ohalloran often plays before him.

Barker was used as a comparison as both are a similar level.

I'd have to agree, I would like to have seen a couple of players in giving them time to bed in before the Celtic game. I would also like both to be players who would strengthen our first 11. Its been too many windows now just buying squad fillers.
Wilson would come under the spotlight from a section of the support for sure, the recent additions haven’t been starters or even pushing for starts.

Wilson would come under the spotlight from a section of the support for sure, the recent additions haven’t been starters or even pushing for starts.
Our best signings since Wilson has come in have been have been McLaughlin, Balogun, Bassey, Hagi, Sakala and Roofe.

They have all contributed but we’re desperate for a top calibre player to lift the club to that next level and give us a boost in the title race. His next big task is delivering that for Gio.

He’s proven he can hold firm and earn us big money from player sales. Our whole footballing infrastructure has been
reshaped under him and looking slick.

Would love him to surprise us. 7 days to go!

Listen your suggestion was mince both are no where near good enough I wouldn’t want either within a mile of our team.

Barker hasn’t played a first team game for months and yes he was terrible as he has been many games for us, Middleton has had plenty of terrible games for StJohnstone and us and he’s not even a regular starter, Ohalloran often plays before him.

Barker was used as a comparison as both are a similar level.
If it was a mince suggestion then its an even worse counter argument.

Middleton is 22 so still has time to improve. Barker is 25 and has done nothing in his career of note other than sign for us.

It’s very apparent that we are going to lose a number of players in the summer, defence, midfield & forwards.

Anything done now in terms of signings takes a bit of risk & stress from that, and also enables new players time to settle in.

You’d have to think the club know that better than us ?

On that basis, I’m still hopeful.

Time's ticking. There'll be no point in signing a player on the 31st of Jan and expecting them to start against Celtic on the 2nd. Wouldn't be fair.

He can't exactly say "No, we're potless"

It's a vague answer & doesn't give us a lot of insight into what the 'right' signing would look like & how that is decided.

I still do know what you mean, he offered up the fact he has a budget voluntarily, he wasn’t asked about money.

Maybe the emergence of big Lowery has us thinking we may not need someone in this window. I’d hate to sign someone average who keeps the lad out the squad. If we make a signing they have to be fast and quality otherwise no point.

It was the club doctors that traced the heart issue just a month after he signed.

Gerrard said the players have a medical after the player signs as well. I assume we will be doing thorough heart checks from now on to avoid it from happening again.
Was it not a virus related condition as opposed to a congenital defect?

If it was a mince suggestion then its an even worse counter argument.

Middleton is 22 so still has time to improve. Barker is 25 and has done nothing in his career of note other than sign for us.
He’s done as much as Middleton.

Again it doesn’t matter as neither is anywhere near good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back