Official The Winter 2021/22 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

ricksen24

I think we are going to have to try Sakala on the right. Keep Aribo in the No 10 role rather than shoving him out wide again.

Arfield ----- Kamara
-------Aribo-------
Sakala--Roofe--Kent

Nothing sticks to Roofe in that role he can’t make a pass he’s really frustrating and not good enough.

Ger572

Official Ticketer
I have zero concerns about Lowry taking Bacuna's place in the squad, frankly it might be an upgrade! But for the love of god Rangers, sign a starting level RW!

Sakala - maybe but prefers the left
Kent - prefers the left
Wright - impact sub, very occasional starter, confidence currently shot.
Barker - no, just no.

You nailed it

Zizou

We need a right winger have done for a while but we also need to protect ourselves against losing Morelos if this were to happen we are in big big bother

No one in the squad can come close to replacing him when he’s not there
Roofe can and he proved that last season but we most definitely need a right winger

Johnny.mcb

I'm not one for being dramatic but this is now becoming an emergency.

We need 2 players in at the very worst one really top quality right Winger but we need a centre mid aswell.
Agreed. Scott Weights confidence is now shot to pieces after that horror show tonight. He never was up to what we require but after tonight it will take him a long while to recover from that. We simply must bring in a RW of quality

Recoba

Official Ticketer
Agreed. Scott Weights confidence is now shot to pieces after that horror show tonight. He never was up to what we require but after tonight it will take him a long while to recover from that. We simply must bring in a RW of quality
The annoying thing is he has shown flashes of having real ability but I guess that's normal with inconsistent average players, they can all have good games now and again but never sustain it.

Teddyjohn

If we don’t strengthen before the end of this window we’re in serious trouble. We’ve had the best part of £13m coming into the club for Gerrard and Patterson since early January at least, we should never be left scrambling this late in the window.

DJ_RFC_1872

If we don't we will genuinely be in danger of throwing the title, and I'm not one for overreactions.
Yeah but we've been downsizing the past few windows because of our high losses

The board is taking a massive gamble here agree on that.

We need that UCL money badly.

I hope we get a player in who improves the starting 11 no squad fillers.

Johnny.mcb

The annoying thing is he has shown flashes of having real ability but I guess that's normal with inconsistent average players, they can all have good games now and again but never sustain it.
I’ve never seen it mate. There were moments in that second half where he looked so bad it was difficult to believe. I feel for him but he isn’t Rangers standard and has been built up by some of our fans to be someone he isn’t. He has zero end product and it simply has to end

cav

I think we are going to have to try Sakala on the right. Keep Aribo in the No 10 role rather than shoving him out wide again.

Arfield ----- Kamara
-------Aribo-------
Sakala--Roofe--Kent
Possibly Kent on the right given he's two footed?

Point stands though, we can't cope with all of Morelos, Aribo and Kent out.
Right now we need all of them imo.

Casper Kent

I honestly don’t think we have any money to spend. I think that’s why we’re hanging on with what we’ve got and praying it’ll be enough to secure the pot of gold at the end of the season. Hope I’m wrong but it’s how I see the current situation.

Recoba

Official Ticketer
I’ve never seen it mate. There were moments in that second half where he looked so bad it was difficult to believe. I feel for him but he isn’t Rangers standard and has been built up by some of our fans to be someone he isn’t. He has zero end product and it simply has to end
The flashes have been few and far between but I have seen him on form run at defenses at take people on, the past 2 games I hate to say it as km sure it's not true but he looked like he wanted to be anywhere bar on the pitch playing for Rangers.

Rooster

With Jack fit, Lundstram needs moved on, and as many have said we desperately need a right sided attacker and attacking midfielder. I’m hoping to be surprised but expecting to be disappointed.

chilebear

We do and it's really quite urgent now, the fact we have hardly been linked with anyone is concerning, if all our eggs are in Skovs basket and we get him fair enough ill be happy but we really need an attacking central mid aswell.
Plus JS from Hearts, The tims have kept up more than we expected, we need to take this seriously.

A RW, Is a must.

ricksen24

Roofe's ability to put the ball in the net when a chance arises gives him the edge. No confidence whatsoever that Itten will actually get the ball over the line, he looks so laboured.

Yeah he reminds me of Boyd a bit but not as cute on the pitch

Useless in the Morelos role that’s for sure and very slow

Valley Bluenose

RTV? Completed it mate!
Possibly Kent on the right given he's two footed?

Point stands though, we can't cope with all of Morelos, Aribo and Kent out.
Right now we need all of them imo.
To be fair, take the best three players out of any team and its going to be a struggle - especially when they are your main creators and scorer.

Thankfully we have a bit of backup getting back to fitness in midfield - neither Arfield nor Jack will start every week but their contributions, such as tonight, could be invaluable. Unless Roofe rediscovers his form, and hopefully he will, we've a huge hole without Morelos for the next 2/3 games though.

CraigM14

Since 2018 we’ve had the following;

Firth
Lafferty
Grezda
Polster
Andy King
Simpson
Wright (may come good)
Bacuna
Flanagan
Zungu
Itten
Barker
Sadiq
Coulibaly
Lundstram

And I’ve probably missed a few. These players are the reason that we’re having difficultly adding quality. Bang average players that have been brought in, will have been on decent money, some will have cost fees/loan fees, have contributed little to none and are effectively paid off.
Also these types of signings don’t help due to the fact the players holding the jersey know that they aren’t good enough to take it off them so complacency and laziness creeps in.

A couple of quality starters would freshen everything up