They are a better team than us

Status
Not open for further replies.
32 domestic games undefeated

But you still have the user staunch, and the quite frankly mentalists saying their shite and theirs a refereeing conspiracy against us

A large majority of our fans are tinfoil hat wearing mentalists. They are quite clearly a better tean than us. Their going to stroll the treble ffs
I can't see what's wrong with admitting it and I'm not sure I believe anyone who thinks we are better.

There are always going to be seasons when they are just a better side than us and seasons when we are just better than them.

But you still have the user staunch, and the quite frankly mentalists saying their shite and theirs a refereeing conspiracy against us

A large majority of our fans are tinfoil hat wearing mentalists. They are quite clearly a better tean than us. Their going to stroll the treble ffs

When you analyse some of they games then you'll see they've benefitted massively from decisions going in their favour. Whether it be playing 7 minutes of stoppage time, refusing to book Celtic players, scoring offside goals, refusing to give opponents blatant penalties.

If you think these sort of things don't add up and don't contribute towards building momentum you're wrong.

Both teams against Ross County almost sums the season up tbh. They score a winner in the 97th minute and we concede in the last minute because Allan McGregor flings the ball in his own net for the 2nd time that game.

Correct.

Their squad and support have bought into Postecoglou big time. That goes a long way.

Right now, there is a sizeable section of our support who either think Gio is a dud or not the long term answer.

Their is no identity to his management or style of play. He’s dull, the football on show is dull, unorganised, error prone and turgid.

Nothing exciting or successful about GvB.

Correct.

Their squad and support have bought into Postecoglou big time. That goes a long way.

Right now, there is a sizeable section of our support who either think Gio is a dud or not the long term answer.
I'm also wondering what the players think.
Some have mentally chucked it and he's not reignited them. That was a big task for any manager to be fair but at the moment there's something lacking all round.

I don't know how we are going to do it but we need at least 4 or 5 new first team players.

They seem to do it in the competitions that matter most to Scottish football fans
Anyone that cares more about the league cup over the 3 European competitions they have been smashed out of by modest or worse European teams needs help.

The league cup was won with just 360 mins of football.

They are better organised at the back.

McGregor is a huge issue for us, failure to drop him has cost us hugely.

Over the rest of the park, it’s fairly even. We saw how poor their centre halves are in possession at the start of the game.

Our forwards, particularly Roofe and Aribo, we completely anonymous.

Anyone that cares more about the league cup over the 3 European competitions they have been smashed out of by modest or worse European teams needs help.

The league cup was won with just 360 mins of football.
Well let’s see if we get put out in the next couple of rounds and end up with no domestic trophies. You would celebrate a treble yet you say the league cup is worthless.

If the league cup is so easy to win and is only 360 minutes, then why haven’t we won it recently?

Seriously, wake up

So, when ex refs have been asked to comment on their games and big decisions such as opposing players being sent off that should not have been or Celtic getting decisions they should not have been given and players for them that should have been sent off that have not been , "they are mentalists" !

Of course we are treated differently by Refs or have you not been watching our games!!

I think a big part of our issues is that Van Bronckhorst inherited a team used to playing in a style he wasn’t necessarily intending.

He’s been forced to accommodate that through a lack of funds to bring in his own players, but I don’t think he’s entirely comfortable with it and the lack of a coherent vision is affecting the squad.

This is why I feel a clear out should be seen as a positive step for us.

I'm also wondering what the players think.
Some have mentally chucked it and he's not reignited them. That was a big task for any manager to be fair but at the moment there's something lacking all round.

I don't know how we are going to do it but we need at least 4 or 5 new first team players.

I'm past caring what the players think.

They're every bit as big a problem.

Well let’s see if we get put out in the next couple of rounds and end up with no domestic trophies. You would celebrate a treble yet you say the league cup is worthless.

If the league cup is so easy to win and is only 360 minutes, then why haven’t we won it recently?

Seriously, wake up

Talk me through the prize money for the league cup.

Last 8 of the Europa >>> the league cup for the vast majority of punters outside the world of the Clyde SSB studio.

So, when ex refs have been asked to comment on their games and big decisions such as opposing players being sent off that should not have been or Celtic getting decisions they should not have been given and players for them that should have been sent off that have not been , "they are mentalists" !

Of course we are treated differently by Refs or have you not been watching our games!!
Anyone that thinks we are being reffed differently from others has officially turned into the paranoid celtic fan of the 90s

Talk me through the prize money for the league cup.

Last 8 of the Europa >>> the league cup for the vast majority of punters outside the world of the Clyde SSB studio.
Mate, it doesn’t matter and I say this as someone who obsesses over the clubs accounts. You are deluding yourself and your head is in the sand. Europe success is great, but you don’t improve your trophy count by progressing Europe. This team is a failure domestically. Even last year we had a clear run at the Scottish and league cup and we let St Johnstone win it.

after an understandable sticky start they have been very good all in all. Too many people can’t accept that they are better all over the park than us. Better goalie, better defence, midfielders who score and energy all over the front line. We are miles behind them unfortunately

In what way is he shite? He's absolutely strolled it in the league this season...the stats don't lie. They've conceded the least goals and yesterday he treated Roofe like a wee boy and took his lunch money off him repeatedly.
So going by your logic there must be a huge difference in their and our goals against in games against the other SPL teams then? The stats show they have lost 17 to our 22 - not exactly a big margin. In my original point I suggested he was really shown up in Europe. Their stats of 27 goals against in 14 games to our 15 goals against in 14 games suggests my point is valid.

They are better in the positions that really matter - Their GK and 2 CBs are better than ours plus their front 3 is far more effective than ours - elsewhere on the pitch their isn't a huge amount between us either way.

1 positive I suppose is arguably their 2 best players in Jota and CCV are on loan with it already looking like Jota won't sign permanently and CCV probably playing himself into a premier league teams plans.

Who is honking, your a pape.
In fairness, the lad has just turned 20 and has 9 goals and 7 assists from the wing in this season's league according to transfermrkt. If Kent had those numbers I'd be delighted and we'd probably be a few points clear at this stage.

They were gifted 2 goals today.
They done F all else.
We gifted them a goal to get back into the game, when they were severely rattled.

They literally didn't need to do anything else. They managed the game well and we couldn't create anything.

They are far better coached than us and they have hungrier players who are delivering for them.

So going by your logic there must be a huge difference in their and our goals against in games against the other SPL teams then? The stats show they have lost 17 to our 22 - not exactly a big margin. In my original point I suggested he was really shown up in Europe. Their stats of 27 goals against in 14 games to our 15 goals against in 14 games suggests my point is valid.

17-22 is a massive difference it is just shy of 30%.

Their is no identity to his management or style of play. He’s dull, the football on show is dull, unorganised, error prone and turgid.

Nothing exciting or successful about GvB.
His uncertainty has rubbed off onto the players. He was a tremendous midfielder in his day with us, who was brave on the ball. He's the exact opposite as a manager. Seems so unsure and scared. The job at this point seems too big for him.

That team needed Lowry and Wright. I know most dont like Wright but both him and Lowry .. and you can add Fashion ... would have run themselves into the ground to close them down and give us some pace. Also if we could get Gilmour back we could start having some who are Rangers men and would not lie down to them. Add Jack and Soutter and Morelos and the opposition would not have as much time on the ball.
Would also like to see the young right back play.
Too many at present are there for the wages and think they are better than they are.
Maybe Gio needs to bring in a couple of young Dutch players that dont cost much but he has seen and likes.
Alan is a great shot stopper but is poor at cross balls and does not commend the area and its time to go now with our grateful thanks for the past.

What they do have, is a manager who had instilled belief in them, the opposite applies to us.

They also have a manager who has had a full squad built around the way he wants to play.

Remember what this Celtic squad was like at first under Ange before he got the players he wanted in.

Gio deserves criticism, but he also deserves the chance to build his own squad. Even under Gerrard earlier this season we were way off the levels of last season, but thankfully Celtic we even worse, but now they've got it together.

The thing people seem to forget is that Gerrard up until he left was averaging 2.30 points per game in the League, Gio is averaging 2.26. We're performing at the same level now that we have all season. This points to a squad issue rather than a manager issue. The only difference now is that Celtic are better.

I think this is a load of reactionary nonsense if they were a better team than us would they still not be in Europe beating Quality teams as we have?
We would have been ahead in this league if we had bought decent strikers we need much better in that area.

There is never anything lost in admitting when Celtic are a better team than us.

If the board had been more aware of that about five years ago then they'd have taken stronger steps to remove Murty and install a better manager in earlier.

Instead, their mindset was similar to that of many Rangers fans at the time - ach, PSG pumped them in Europe so they can't be all that good.

I kind of get the argument “where does it leave us if they are crap” BUT I’m struggling to think of a poorer Celtic side who came to Ibrox and beat us in last 20 years

We are our own worst enemy at times, a team of bottlers who turn up when they can be arsed, sadly that’s not very often

Anyone that fails to acknowledge we are being differently should really have gone to spec savers a long time ago!
Did you see the reffing in the St Johnstone livingston game ?

Is there a conspiracy against livingston?

Or maybe, just maybe , the refs aren't very good?

Thinking the refs are against us is a fucking pathetic, paranoid, timmy like excuse

They are a better team and we seem to encourage it. Year after year we have made Rogic look like a world beater. He's absolutely dross but scores or threatens to score every time against us. Biton likewise- dross except v RFC. We never layed a glove on McGregor and made the masked twat look like a midfield maestro.

You're in denial if you don't think he's a good player. He'd stroll into our team.

Also, solely blaming defenders for their European record is stupid. The reason they get pumped in Europe is because you can't play the "all out attack" style Ange does and expect better teams to allow it. They get battered because they play gung ho.

He saved us from an absolute drubbing yesterday,they won 2-1 but it would've been 3/4.

Fucking hell man this sort of take is mental. He was largely the reason we conceded 2 in the first place.

I tend to try be objective when discussing them.

They are a good team.

I never subscribed to the notion that they were pish and the Aussie was a pish manager or whatever.

They dropped points early in the season whilst still rebuilding, playing the likes of Dane Murray and Montgomery - since getting their house in order they’ve won 28 of their last 31 domestic games (I think)

They’ve sadly had a good couple of windows for the first time in years.

I presume their recruitment system has changed because the switch from spending £40m on Ajeti et al, to good signings to fit their team, is so sudden.

However, I still believe 1-11 we have better players than them. Something is wrong though, our whole season has felt disorganised going back to pre-season etc.

Last edited:

They are a good team.

I never subscribed to the notion that they were pish and the Aussie was a pish manager or whatever.

They dropped points early in the season whilst still rebuilding, playing the likes of Dane Murray and Montgomery - since getting their house in order they’ve won 28 of their last 31 domestic games (I think)

I presume they’re recruitment system has changed because the switch from spending £40m on Ajeti et al, to good signings to fit their team, is so sudden.

However, I still believe 1-11 we have better players than them. Something is wrong though, our whole season has felt disorganised going back to pre-season etc.

Good post and unfortunately all very true, I watch them and I can at least see a style, we seem to have no system and no style these days. Seems we just hope one of our better players produces something and if they don't we are fecked.

They are a good team.

I presume they’re recruitment system has changed because the switch from spending £40m on Ajeti et al, to good signings to fit their team, is so sudden.

He was also playing guys like Edouard and Christie early on who were clearly eyeing the exit door as well.

Now he's got the entire squad behind him and buying into his project.

We don't.

I don't think there are many of us with that problem.
Never been a Rangers fans trait in my mind.
I’ve read and I’m still reading today that we have the better players, and they’re rubbish. It’s the same sort of thing they were coming out with last year.

For me they’re not great, but neither are we.

I’m quite straightforward in that I believe the best side over 38 games always wins the league.

I’ve read and I’m still reading today that we have the better players, and they’re rubbish. It’s the same sort of thing they were coming out with last year.

For me they’re not great, but neither are we.

I’m quite straightforward in that I believe the best side over 38 games always wins the league.
The majority of fans on threads in here and elsewhere don't believe that we are playing well this season.
I can see your point though about the better player scenario.
The best side winning the league would be correct if VAR was in operation up here.

I dont agree.
I thought we outplayed them for the majority - its the same old problem - unable to score.
Cross after cross going into the box and that fat guy somehow manages to get a head on it before Roofe.

Badly missed Morelos for his holding the ball up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back