They are a better team than us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kills me to say it but that's how it is

They play a more attacking type of football and have more of a threat going forward

Hopefully the board can back our manager ( whoever it may be because even though I had confidence in Gio there are huge doubts about him now ) in the summer and we can get get a good bit of quality and reclaim the title

And yes we mathematically we can win the title still ,but 6 games to go it's over and we know it .
Away and take yourself for a shite. They were good defensively and that’s it. We were pish defensively and that’s where it mattered

They're an average scum team, at best. They have found a way to win games though, despite that - credit where it's due.

We've badly missed Helander. Has been a huge blow to our season. I agree that we've been poor defensively, I just don't see that they have one that's significantly better. They also conceded two goals to a terrible sheep side and other weaker opposition. Same as we have. They can be vulnerable.

We chose to stick with something that wasn't working. Made it easy for them.

Our strongest spine has Morelos Jack and Helander in it. I doubt they've played 90 minutes together all season.

It’s comforting to talk about Europe etc.

But Morelos apart, I’m struggling with their comparisons.

Their goalkeeper is better, their defenders are better. They have a more creative midfield and more dynamic attacking players.

You can talk about Bodo glimt etc…but these are the facts.

If we swapped McGregor for Hart I reckon we'd be about 10 points clear tbh. People laughed at them for signing Hart saying he was finished. Who's laughing now?

Disagree about their defenders though. Tav, Goldson, Carter-Vickers, Bassey would be both teams' combined back 4 IMO.

If we swapped McGregor for Hart I reckon we'd be about 10 points clear tbh. People laughed at them for signing Hart saying he was finished. Who's laughing now?

Disagree about their defenders though. Tav, Goldson, Carter-Vickers, Bassey would be both teams' combined back 4 IMO.
Carter-Vickers is shite. Have you seen him in other games this season? He has been found wanting in many games, particularly in Europe. He was lucky yesterday on two counts, Roofe done nothing to worry him and the shirt pull in the box was missed by officials.

They have more pace. I think they was the key difference between both sides yesterday. When they caused us problems it was literally due to them running very fast in straight lines. Even when they played a high line first half we only got in behind once. They must have been in behind us about 5 times purely due to being faster than our players. They didn't play good football, was just run hard and fast.

We have better footballers than them, just something missing in our chemistry this season.

They have a goal keeper that doesn’t gift the opposition goals, defenders that can defend when they need to, midfielders that can play at a decent tempo, and forward players that can all create and chip in with goals.

We don’t have any of the above, so yes I’m afraid they’re a better team than us.

The only people that would say otherwise is an element of our support.

Looking g at the clips posted elsewhere of the clear penalty for hand ball & clear penalty for a jersey pull I don't believe they are tbh
It's fine margins within games that are costing us
Referees having a massive influence
Not sorting our goalkeeping situation
Missing Morelos in both games
Have all impacted us hugely
Not freshening the squad

In Europe for example we'd have had 2 penalties & they'd have been down to 10 men, that's a massive difference

But there are still self inflicted mistakes being made like GvB playing Roofe in a like for like role when replacing Motelos which didn't work at the Piggery & didn't work yesterday

The difference between the teams is more down to tactics and motivation from the management. We actually have better players than them all over the park but they've went so far backwards under Gio it's scary.

I didn’t think there was anything in it today. Truth is we don’t have anyone in the squad remotely near the level of Morelos and his loss was badly felt (again). When he’s fit and raring to go he knits the whole team together and is clearly a massive goal threat in big games. Obviously today hurts and I thought we should have got a point, but don’t make it into something it’s not.

I agree with everything you say there. I'm very worried we may have seen Morelos' last game in a Rangers shirt. He needs to be sold this summer unless we want to lose him for nothing.

It's very very worrying how ineffective this team is without him considering that may be the reality we have to work with going forward.

If our board were awake, history has shown that when Wim Jansen came in for the tinks and ended our quest for the 10, we brought in Advocaat who was backed significantly in the transfer market and we went on a roll again for a few years.

Fat Ange ain't no Advocaat, but he has been allowed to revamp their whole squad, whilst Park et al squabble in the Courts, make business links with no mark companies and although they have now pulled out, made an initial decision to play a friendly on a day when a class action lawsuit was being announced!!

This season is no surprise when you consider how rudderless we are at the top, yes, they are Rangers men, custodians of the club etc. etc. but you don't hear a peep from them and if they decide Gio remains the man to take us forward they need to back him as with some quality signings, as blended with the talent coming through the academy we would instantly be in a better place and for those talking about the £40 million they will have, it will likely only pay part of the compensation they owe and if investment is made properly, even if we don't win the league this year we have the ability as proven in Europe against good teams to get through the CL qualifiers!

The crash barriers are more parochial than us. Bounced out of 3 competitions in Europe should be a monumental riddy. But all they want us the league. The league, and that's it. They could get hammered in every Euro game going, as long as they're top of the league here, it's all that matters to them.

I'd argue we're the better team in terms of quality. Not when it comes to the crunch.

We just have a complete inability to handle pressure environments. Last season we were that far ahead of them that quickly no one had a chance to feel any pressure of a title race. It explains why when it's been tight we fold and why we fold at Hampden.

We go to Europe as underdogs and it suits this group.

I'd argue we're the better team in terms of quality. Not when it comes to the crunch.

We just have a complete inability to handle pressure environments. Last season we were that far ahead of them that quickly no one had a chance to feel any pressure of a title race. It explains why when it's been tight we fold and why we fold at Hampden.

We go to Europe as underdogs and it suits this group.
This nails it for me. We have too many players that can’t handle the pressure.

For me it’s small margins between the teams right now. If we invest wisely and add some much needed creativity and goals to the team for next year then I think we will be in a good place.

However, not currently confident we will see the level of investment needed.

They had 2 rebounds which fell kindly for them.
We didn't have much luck yesterday and if Goldson was wearing a Filth top yesterday, he gets a penalty.
Collum is a cheating cùnt

This isn't like 97/98 where two teams seemed determined to fall over each other and gift the title to the other one.

Celtic had their wobble early doors in the first 7 games. Since they've won 22 and drawn 3 of their last 25 league games. It's a phenomenal run of form that we have been unable to match.

They've turned draws into victories. We've turned victories into draws.

There's the difference right there.

If that was at Parkhead yesterday and Celtic went 1-0 up, there is no way we’d have equalised. They would have battered us, just like in January.

We went 1-0 up and fell apart.

Even the support at half time knew what was coming - %^*& all!

Tactically Rangers are miles off Celtic. They went to Ibrox happy enough to get a draw. Fair enough Rangers started well but. If you compare the two teams positioning when off the ball its crazy. Rangers defending was truly clueless. Celtic were never conceding after going ahead. Celtic so well organized when going back, every man in position, reacting first to the second ball. I really feel like if Celtic really wanted they could have turned the heat on and won by a few more. They were just more happy getting the win and once they went ahead they cruised it.

We have players that for one reason or another know they won’t be here or want to be here next season, it is clear a number are going through the motions and the bright lights of Europa league nights seem to be the only thing that motivates them.

The only player in their squad I would swap positions with now is the goalkeeper.

Hart isn’t conceding they goals we did yesterday similarly the 3 we conceded at the piggery.

Everything they create comes from the back, from Hart, if pressed high he flaps, we done it once or twice but in the main let them play out.

Any team that have had success against them this season have done through hard fast running at their defence. We were slow and pedestrian throughout. Roofe or Aribo aren’t running away from anyone.

Our tactics and game plan after they equalised was non existent. Pass pass sideways backwards.

It didn’t take Gerrard long to work out celtic, GvB sadly is clueless.

32 domestic games undefeated

But you still have the user staunch, and the quite frankly mentalists saying their shite and theirs a refereeing conspiracy against us

A large majority of our fans are tinfoil hat wearing mentalists. They are quite clearly a better tean than us. Their going to stroll the treble ffs

They have a clear way of playing that they stick to, that they know gets results in Scotland, and they absolutely work their bollocks off.

Those for me were the most obvious differences from yesterday.

If they are a good team then explain their horrific European form.

Teams in Europe don't fear them or show them the level of respect that we and every other team in the SPL have shown them this season.

We need to stop lying to ourselves, domestically they are a better side than us right now.

Do think it was a bit of a smash and grab from them yesterday. We weren’t outplayed and I think we were pretty on top of them for large spells. The difference is horrendous defending on our part and them defending well.

I don't think we were beaten by a better team yesterday but the amount of time wasting, rolling around the park and 'cramp ups' tells you all you need to know. They were scared of us getting into any kind of rhythm and needed to break up the game.
Having said that, we truly do struggle to create enough clear opportunities.

They are a country mile away in terms of ability but credit where it is due they have a far greater desire to impact and hold games than we do.

Say what you will about the breaks theyve received but the bottom line is theyve taken whatever chances fall their way, however they fell.

Rangers should be walking this League, that much I think we can all agree on, however theyve thrown away every advantage they had and even when the chance presented itself to regain said advantage(s) theyve utterly failed.

I think the quality of both starting XIs is pretty close. There's players I'd take from them (Kyogo, Jota, Carter-Vickers and McGregor) who would improve the quality of our starting XI.

The recruitment hit rate they have had is quite incredible given they have no proper footballing structure. They looked like a club in disarray all summer and then again when Dom McKay left them. McCarthy aside, most of the senior players they have brought in have made a positive impact.

I don't think we were beaten by a better team yesterday but the amount of time wasting, rolling around the park and 'cramp ups' tells you all you need to know. They were scared of us getting into any kind of rhythm and needed to break up the game.
Having said that, we truly do struggle to create enough clear opportunities.
Who in our team matched the intesnity and the running of Gakamakis and maeda, especially the latter whose a headless chicken at times but is always pressing!

I think the quality of both starting XIs is pretty close. There's players I'd take from them (Kyogo, Jota, Carter-Vickers and McGregor) who would improve the quality of our starting XI.

The recruitment hit rate they have had is quite incredible given they have no proper footballing structure. They looked like a club in disarray all summer and then again when Dom McKay left them. McCarthy aside, most of the senior players they have brought in have made a positive impact.
It's easier to improve from a low position than it is from winning the league undefeated. Hopefully Gio gets some of his own players in this summer as I'm sure it's clear to him where we need to improve.

Here’s my input, defensively they’re better, they’ve more of a scoring threat

But the biggest difference for me is that word

Intensity

Carter-Vickers is shite. Have you seen him in other games this season? He has been found wanting in many games, particularly in Europe. He was lucky yesterday on two counts, Roofe done nothing to worry him and the shirt pull in the box was missed by officials.

In what way is he shite? He's absolutely strolled it in the league this season...the stats don't lie. They've conceded the least goals and yesterday he treated Roofe like a wee boy and took his lunch money off him repeatedly.

What they do have, is a manager who had instilled belief in them, the opposite applies to us.

Correct.

Their squad and support have bought into Postecoglou big time. That goes a long way.

Right now, there is a sizeable section of our support who either think Gio is a dud or not the long term answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back