Tickets on sale again

I queried being sent an email Friday and being unable to buy. I got this reply from UEFA this morning. They put the bit in bold, not me.

Over the weekend UEFA were in possession of returned tickets from Football Associations. Assume if tickets did go on sale earlier it would have been these.

How do you know?
I never said there was.
Anyway, that guy was being a dick without having read the thread.
Because I have cycled through the multiple accounts I have (successful in second ballot buying, successful in second ballot but couldnt buy as sold out, unsuccessful in all ballots)

All the accounts show the same and no tickets on sale

WHEN YOU LOG IN YOU WOULD HAVE A BUTTON “SEE YOUR OFFERS”, YOU WILL ONLY HAVE THIS BUTTON IF YOUR EMAIL HAS BEEN SELECTED AND YOU WERE IN THE ORIGINAL BALLOT AND UNSUCCESSFUL FOR BOTH DROPS SO FAR.

THERE IS NO ACCESS CODE.
This access code, offers selective bullshit is out of order. Anyone unsuccessful in the first ballot should have the opportunity to buy not a select few.

Assuming it was (and there's no reason to doubt him) it'll only have gone to certain people with the offer.

When they log in, they'd have the chance to buy one.

They don't need an access code. They just log in to the portal and instead of it saying "You were unsuccessful" as it did after the initial ballot(s) they'll have an offer to buy a ticket.

It's exactly what happend to me on Friday. I managed to get one for my mate who didn't have a ticket and transfer it to him in the Uefa App.

The issue is people (who haven't had an email) thinking they can use the link to buy a ticket and then complain that the website doesn't work / Uefa are a shambles / something else.

It's down to your luck in the ballot. The website is actually pretty user friendly by all accounts.
Like hell it is. It’s a feckin shambles, the whole system is shambolic and to suggest otherwise is preposterous

This access code, offers selective bullshit is out of order. Anyone unsuccessful in the first ballot should have the opportunity to buy not a select few.
I'm pretty sure when they had the first ballot they indicated that everyone would be drawn a position on their 'list'. Keeping it simple, if they had 1000 applicants all would have been drawn in positions 1-1000. First ballot they allocate tickets to positions 1-750. When they get unbought tickets they send out the email to those in positions 751-850 for example and give them the opportunity to buy. And so on for any still not purchased and going into the third ballot.

I'm pretty sure when they had the first ballot they indicated that everyone would be drawn a position on their 'list'. Keeping it simple, if they had 1000 applicants all would have been drawn in positions 1-1000. First ballot they allocate tickets to positions 1-750. When they get unbought tickets they send out the email to those in positions 751-850 for example and give them the opportunity to buy. And so on for any still not purchased and going into the third ballot.
It stinks, causes unnecessary grief

Just the process that isn’t.

Process is pretty simple too, no?

You get an email if you've landed lucky in the ballot. You log in and buy it.

The issue is, and I get people being unlucky in the ballot, thinking there's some conspiracy going on.

There's either been tickets handed back or, they've scaled the issuing of them and that's resulted in more being available.

That's what's provided these extra tickets. Process was pretty straightforward from the initial point of applying for them weeks back.

I hope you get one somehow...

Like hell it is. It’s a feckin shambles, the whole system is shambolic and to suggest otherwise is preposterous

I applied for tickets in the initial ballot along with 5 other mates. 4 of them got tickets in the first round.

Of the two of us who didn't, I managed to get one myself during that week elsewhere.

I then got an email on Friday with a chance to buy a ticket and that sorted our other mate out.

It's been clear from the initial application weeks back, that there would be a ballot and then further ballots if tickets became available.

Ticket demand has outstripped supply, that's doesn't mean the ballot process is shambolic.

It's easy to say as someone who got a ticket but then it's just as easy, when you didn't, to say it's a mess. There's only a finite number of tickets available.

Like I said in that first post, a lot of the confusion is people thinking they can click a link that someone who has been successful in the ballot has been sent and it'll give them a chance to get a ticket too.

That's not the case at all and even in this far in to this thread, there's still people thinking that then saying the system is a mess.

It's very straight forward if you've been offered a ticket. The process of transferring it on the app was nice and easy too. Compared to the likes of the Rangers T.O. it was an absolute breeze to deal with.

It stinks for those of us who didn't get a ticket. There is a logic to it though. Just a single ballot and allocate very participant a number and take it from there. A bit like going down the MyGers ballot from Gold to Silver.
No, there’s no logic at all. People who were unsuccessful in the original ballot but received emails later were apparently able to go in and buy up to 4 tickets even if they had applied for less in their original application. Emails getting sent at random to say “more tickets available now, better be quick” so that someone like me who was working when it came through gets shafted instead of giving advanced warning of when the window will open again which would actually be fair to everyone. Whole thing is completely half-arsed and they just make the rules up as they go along.

They should do a timetable of when they go on sale so people know when to check emails and prepare etc.... Like I say it was the same for the Euros and previous Finals, people just suddenly get emails - be plenty with no idea they have had an email, not everyone is on their phone/pc all the time at the end of the day. They don't even say something like "keep checking your emails as more tickets may be released" to those who fail in the initial ballot.

I applied for tickets in the initial ballot along with 5 other mates. 4 of them got tickets in the first round.

Of the two of us who didn't, I managed to get one myself during that week elsewhere.

I then got an email on Friday with a chance to buy a ticket and that sorted our other mate out.

It's been clear from the initial application weeks back, that there would be a ballot and then further ballots if tickets became available.

Ticket demand has outstripped supply, that's doesn't mean the ballot process is shambolic.

It's easy to say as someone who got a ticket but then it's just as easy, when you didn't, to say it's a mess. There's only a finite number of tickets available.

Like I said in that first post, a lot of the confusion is people thinking they can click a link that someone who has been successful in the ballot has been sent and it'll give them a chance to get a ticket too.

That's not the case at all and even in this far in to this thread, there's still people thinking that then saying the system is a mess.

It's very straight forward if you've been offered a ticket. The process of transferring it on the app was nice and easy too. Compared to the likes of the Rangers T.O. it was an absolute breeze to deal with.
See #221.

I clicked my email link on Friday, not long after news broke people were getting tickets.
Spent few minutes on phone putting random words into access code request.
Heard you had to log in top right on app. Ended up getting signed on app and getting video promos for the game and stuff. Not where I should be.
Much swearing followed by logging in on a laptop. Logged on top right as advised. Tickets became available to buy and no matter which option I picked, none went through. Rage. Refreshing the screen brought up all sorts of categories and quantities from 1 to 4 tickets for about 15 minutes. Then down to 1 or 2. Then 1. Wouldn’t take me to the pay screen. The tickets then disappeared. I gave up.

Had look at phone calmly 5 minutes when it was all over and noticed log in was top left. Stressful not the word. More log in boxes than Rangers and that’s saying something.

They should do a timetable of when they go on sale so people know when to check emails and prepare etc.... Like I say it was the same for the Euros and previous Finals, people just suddenly get emails - be plenty with no idea they have had an email, not everyone is on their phone/pc all the time at the end of the day. They don't even say something like "keep checking your emails as more tickets may be released" to those who fail in the initial ballot.
Exactly.

Its a second and third ballot my dude, unfortunately thats the way these things need to work otherwise otherwise people with bots snap up hundreds (granted some will have entered with multiple emails but thats much harder to coordinate).

No, there’s no logic at all. People who were unsuccessful in the original ballot but received emails later were apparently able to go in and buy up to 4 tickets even if they had applied for less in their original application. Emails getting sent at random to say “more tickets available now, better be quick” so that someone like me who was working when it came through gets shafted instead of giving advanced warning of when the window will open again which would actually be fair to everyone. Whole thing is completely half-arsed and they just make the rules up as they go along.
This all day long mate , applied for one, tired to get one on Fridays farce but couldn’t get one to add to basket no matter what said was available (after farce to log in) , yet folk could buy 4 who had applied for less than that in original ballot

See #221.

"apparently"

Very much unconfirmed.
I'd applied for a single ticket weeks back when the initial application opened. On Friday, I could only select one (and did so) when I'd loved to have bought 2, 3 or 4 to sort out other mates.

As it was, there wasn't even an option make the drop down menu more than "1"

I suspect, given a lot of the misinformation that's going on to this minute, someone might have mistaken how many they'd applied for initially, been at the wind up, or got it wrong when they logged in on Friday.

Haven't seen anyone anywhere confirm or prove they applied for a number smaller than what they were offered on Friday.

I clicked my email link on Friday, not long after news broke people were getting tickets.
Spent few minutes on phone putting random words into access code request.
Heard you had to log in top right on app. Ended up getting signed on app and getting video promos for the game and stuff. Not where I should be.
Much swearing followed by logging in on a laptop. Logged on top right as advised. Tickets became available to buy and no matter which option I picked, none went through. Rage. Refreshing the screen brought up all sorts of categories and quantities from 1 to 4 tickets for about 15 minutes. Then down to 1 or 2. Then 1. Wouldn’t take me to the pay screen. The tickets then disappeared. I gave up.

Had look at phone calmly 5 minutes when it was all over and noticed log in was top left. Stressful not the word. More log in boxes than Rangers and that’s saying something.

I was the exact same except I was signed in. Still couldn’t get any.

There were no further emails other than Fridays follow up email for those who were drawn in the contingency ballot for any tickets that never sold.

Process is pretty simple too, no?

You get an email if you've landed lucky in the ballot. You log in and buy it.

The issue is, and I get people being unlucky in the ballot, thinking there's some conspiracy going on.

There's either been tickets handed back or, they've scaled the issuing of them and that's resulted in more being available.

That's what's provided these extra tickets. Process was pretty straightforward from the initial point of applying for them weeks back.

I hope you get one somehow...
The issue is they are allowing some to buy four tickets and the rest of us none. Somebody on here the other day used two logins to buy eight tickets. That’s a flawed process, not a simple one.

The issue is they are allowing some to buy four tickets and the rest of us none. Somebody on here the other day used two logins to buy eight tickets. That’s a flawed process, not a simple one.
But that person had applied for 4 tickets through the ballot, in two different persons names presumably

They'd entered the ballot with two different emails then. Had I been smart I'd have done the same - once with my email address and again with my Mrs email address.

"apparently"

Very much unconfirmed.
I'd applied for a single ticket weeks back when the initial application opened. On Friday, I could only select one (and did so) when I'd loved to have bought 2, 3 or 4 to sort out other mates.

I suspect, given a lot of the misinformation that's going on to this minute, someone might have mistaken how many they'd applied for initially, been at the wind up, or got it wrong when they logged in on Friday.

Haven't seen anyone anywhere confirm or prove they applied for a number smaller than what they were offered on Friday.
I initially only applied for three, and was able to buy four via the link in the email. Maybe UEFA didn't have abillity to track this so just left it open for people to buy up to four. I agree with your genral points re ballot though.

"apparently"

Very much unconfirmed.

I applied for a single ticket in the original ballot but bought four after getting the email on Friday.

You call it smart. I call it selfish and entitled.
Plenty on here entered the ballot with multiple addresses mate. As I said, I didn't even enter but if I did in the future I'd be giving myself the maximum chance with every email address I had access to. Arguably 'selfish' - not sure where 'entitled' comes into it though.

This final should have been played in a stadium that can seat 100,000 and a lot more fans would have been able to get tickets. Also there should be a longer delay in playing the final after the semis which would also help with travel.
Beats me why football is a shambles when it comes to ticketing.

Back