Tillman is a Player

He has to play more games and get more minutes for if he is to play against peado fc at the dome of secrets we dont want him caught on his heels a bit like diallo in february i think he will be a big player for us but the dome is another level where things if your not used to it can pass you by .

Just chatting to Joel Nouble. Said Tillman was a joke and easily the best player on the pitch. Completely changed the game he said. Cracking big guy tbf to him and very complimentary about Rangers, including his admission he was at Ibrox for the semi final against Leipzig and was loving it.

I agree with all the plaudits on here but what I loved was his willingness to get into the box, something we've been missing for ages.

Hadn’t seen him before we signed him and worried he might be one of these players that come here as a young player and aren’t up to it physically but the boy looks absolutely solid.

Would like to know the agreed fee, from the brief time we've seen him anything under 10 million looks like it will be a bargain!

5 million I believe the fee to be with Bayern having first dibs on him. Says it all really how much Bayern like the lad he will get developed the 2 of 3 seasons then end up back at Bayern.

The way we have developed Bassey has given us the chance to get talented lads like
Have Bayern put a limit on how much they would pay us to have him back? Does it mean Bayern can offer anything they wish and if Tillman agrees to go to them that’s all they pay??? I’ve just never heard of this type of deal before, don’t understand how it works.

It's his awareness on the pitch that caught me off guard. I knew his touch and vision was going to be incredible because he came from one of the best teams in Europe. Just looks a real step up in class when he's in the team and he's only made two sub appearances so far. He's still in the finding his rhythm stage and getting to know his team mates style of play too. I'm really bloody excited about this kid.

Sometimes, very rarely do you see a player and right away say to yourself, this guy has got it. Many years ago I had the privilege of watching a teenage Frank Rijkaard play at Ibrox for Ajax and you could just see the talent ooze out of him.

Was on Ibrox noise site don’t know hat they were watching ffs the rating they gave, did nothing looked overwhelmed Jesus god give me strength. He looks a player yes should have scored but was involved in everything second half

Looks superb. You can see the Bayern Munich style about him.
Should have scored, although it was a shite ball in from Borna to be fair!

Just chatting to Joel Nouble. Said Tillman was a joke and easily the best player on the pitch. Completely changed the game he said. Cracking big guy tbf to him and very complimentary about Rangers, including his admission he was at Ibrox for the semi final against Leipzig and was loving it.
Imagine calling a fellow professional a joke. B-D

The boy looks absolutely class. Imagine what he will be like when he settles and gets games under him.

Whilst we have an option to buy, I do wonder this. Let's say he has a phenomenal season and some epl team get interested. We pay the fee to get him, he can reject whatever contract we offer him if he fancies another move. If Everton want to offer him 50k a week and we only want to offer 20k.

That the big striker? He had a cracking first half, surprised he's not been suggested in the transfer thread :))

The boy looks absolutely class. Imagine what he will be like when he settles and gets games under him.

Whilst we have an option to buy, I do wonder this. Let's say he has a phenomenal season and some epl team get interested. We pay the fee to get him, he can reject whatever contract we offer him if he fancies another move. If Everton want to offer him 50k a week and we only want to offer 20k.

Usually in these cases (loan to buy option) the contract is already agreed in advance of the loan move.

Say he did want to move on, the interested club would need to buy him from us.

He has all the attributes, for sure. Poise, balance,weight of pass, imagination and physical strength. Yet to see him tested for pace.

It will come down to how he settles in Scotland and how he adapts to our game.

The early signs are very encouraging.

Another small point but he also gives us good out ball, there were a couple of times we went long and he either won the header or brought it down and linked the play.

We have nobody that does that other than Morelos, it is one of the reasons we miss him so much

Early impressions is he looks fantastic and he’s built like a tank! Warming up right in front of my boy and I and he had legs like Souness! I think he’ll start Tuesday!

Last edited:
He really impressed me yesterday. He looked a class above everyone else.

He overplayed a bit at times but I’m sure that can be coached out of him and fingers crossed we have a cracking player on our hands.

Tillman was a real standout and I think he'll be a very important player for us this season.

And we still have Matondo to make his mark on this team.

Looking very promising on the right side.

That the big striker? He had a cracking first half, surprised he's not been suggested in the transfer thread :))
That’s him mate aye. Said he felt he had Souttar on toast all day but was surprised as Souttar was really tough to play against when he faced him for Hearts.

Really nice guy, was happy to stand talking about the game and football in general for 15-20 mins. Said they were naturally really hopeful at HT but second half they just couldn’t get the ball up to him. We were just brilliant on the ball 2nd half he said.

If he continues to play like that it’s a no brainer.

Thing is we won’t need mass turnover next year not to same degree (unless players sold for big fees) which gets us off the ground to enable replacing.

So shelling out a decent size fee for a player shouldn’t be as an issue as the bassey sale allowed us to do some work.

Getting our policy off the ground was crucial. I’m excited by him especially at Ibrox can do major damage

Back