Torbett appeals sentence and conviction (bbc)

Surely the Beast must serve his time in prison without bail whilst this farce of an appeal is heard

I hope it’s thrown out and they double the sentence

C.unt is making it even worse for the victims

Hopefully more come forward and nail this bastard to the floor. Then soon, very soon after it all comes out he gets shanked to death.

I’m guessing his lawyer will ask for bail, whether he gets it or not is another matter.
I would make it part of the bail conditions that he has to tell the court who did abuse the boys as they all couldn’t have made it up if it wasn’t him.
Strike a deal of shorter sentence for full disclosure of the guilty person or persons.

Knowing the way those tramps operate, this disgusting bheast will doubtless try and claim he couldn't get a fair trial in Glasgow because it's been common knowledge in the city, in football club's boardrooms, amongst former managers of football clubs, amongst former captains of football clubs, in the city chambers and in the government, that there was a paedo ring at one location in Scotland and that Jim Torbett was right in the thick of it.

He'll actually try and use that everybody knew he was a paedo as his excuse for getting off with being convicted of being a paedo.

He's just abusing his victims again, I'd reduce his sentence though if he gave up the names of everyone involved in his paedophile ring and gave evidence against them and those that enabled the ring to operate
Cue, Big Jock and his legacy to go under the bus !

I wish but highly unlikely. The black balaclavas would be paying him a visit if a sniff of this got out.

Speculation, I know but could he be trying to lessen his involvement by grassing up other offenders who were also involved. In other words, he is not going to take the rap on his own for what was a more widespread conspiracy?

Celtic Boys Club founder Jim Torbett is to appeal his conviction for sexually abusing young players.

Torbett was jailed for six years earlier this month after a judge said he had used the football team as a "recruiting ground" to prey on boys.

Two victims had been in his under-14s football teams, while the third was abused by Torbett at the age of five.

The 71-year-old, from Kelvindale, Glasgow, was found guilty of five abuse charges between 1986 and 1994.

He had denied the charges during a trial at the High Court in Glasgow.

The judiciary office in Edinburgh has confirmed his lawyers have lodged an appeal against both conviction and sentence.

No further court date has been set.
That will keep him, the pedodome and the scum pedo ring in the news for another few months.. The more bad press they get the better

Hopefully more come forward and nail this bastard to the floor. Then soon, very soon after it all comes out he gets shanked to death.

My only issue with this is the to death part. I often think Death is an easy way out for pricks like this.

Those running with the forlorn hope that others will come forward as a result of this aren't reading the narrative here.

I pray there are no more poor souls that fell victim to this beast however I fear the are - however they will remain hidden - regardless of this animals behaviour in appealing.

Torbett has changed from being the:

I'll bring down the full house of cards convicted criminal that he was 30 years ago to become the:

celtc are blameless and these accusations are false we see infront of us now.

He's been well and truly got at.

The only hope of the floodgates opening on that rancid club is if poor Michelle gains ground in her lonely public pursuit of compensation for her tragic brother.

God - really feel for these poor victims and their families. Simply awful that their country has abandoned them all.

it also stops other cases be brought to trial.

Those who were with him or protected him.

This was my first thought when I saw he was appealing. There must be a real danger one of the other ring members will talk in return for a more lenient sentence. It would be amazing to find there was no link between Torbett and the other beasts at Separate Entity FC

Not that it's of any relevance, but having grown up and lived in Kelvindale till I was 18, and then back for a few years in my 20's, it chills me and makes me feel sick seeing he lived in the same area.

Not anywhere near as sick as I feel reading about his crimes, a lot of which I have to stop reading about mid story, but it still makes me feel sick nonetheless.

The man is a lady's front bottom, and I hope he lives the rest of his life in agonising pain and distress. Evil, evil bastard.

Speculation, I know but could he be trying to lessen his involvement by grassing up other offenders who were also involved. In other words, he is not going to take the rap on his own for what was a more widespread conspiracy?
The time to do that was at the police interview.

My mind boggles .

Who or what sinister person(s) are behind this sick monster appealing and for what reasons ?

I rule nothing out here ,it could be an absolute sick twisted agenda behind the scenes preluding to breathtaking attempts to re write history
I was thinking similarly... Could this be a good thing where ex Tim directors, players etc may be called in to things?

If this goes back to court, every attempt will be made to get the verdict overturned on the flimsiest of evidence.
And we all know there is a certain organisation who are most adept at getting lawyers to seek out anomalies.

Knowing the way those tramps operate, this disgusting bheast will doubtless try and claim he couldn't get a fair trial in Glasgow because it's been common knowledge in the city, in football club's boardrooms, amongst former managers of football clubs, amongst former captains of football clubs, in the city chambers and in the government, that there was a paedo ring at one location in Scotland and that Jim Torbett was right in the thick of it.

He'll actually try and use that everybody knew he was a paedo as his excuse for getting off with being convicted of being a paedo.
This all day long, disgusting filthy b******s.

On what grounds is the appeal being lodged? Absolutely disgusting.

I tell you something, see if this wasn't connected to them, it'd be national news for weeks.

Dirty paedo scumbag found guilty of abusing countless kids, the things he made them do. Then tries to appeal his conviction??? There's no punishment that exists that's even close to what this serpent deserves.

No no no, that's far too easy a way out for this beast. He needs to be taken to task for his actions, and he needs to divulge everything he was a part of before he croaks. His secrets cannot be allowed to go to the grave.
I tend to agree but it was just tee’d up for the Ivan Drago quote. I couldn’t turn it down.

Theee is a part of me that thinks that there is influence from the SNP in the decision to appeal this sentence.

Trying to silence Michelle Gray ?

His solicitors obviously think there is evidence to appeal his conviction and sentence,that evidence would have to go in front of a judge who would decide whether his appeal could stand,If he/she decides there is no substance it will get thrown out,If he/she thinks there is enough evidence to grant an appeal he'll get it.

There are many instances of people getting long sentences and more often than not they are thrown out when the preverbial appeal goes in,legally it's everybody's right to appeal if they feel a sentence is to long or they think the conviction is wrong due to evidence given or the jury,but the evidence of such must be there.

Maybe his solicitor spotted a couple of blue ties on the jury. Given the strong evidence against him and the police statement from the victim who passed away,If it fails he does his time,If he get's an appeal and then loses it,I hope they increase his sentence.

Back