Torbett

Did we ever get to hear about Cunto Cairney when he appeared in court a couple of Friday's ago?

"A number of locations are listed on the indictment including Barrowfield Football Ground in Glasgow's London Road, where Celtic used to train"

Aye? I thought the Boys Club was a separate entity from them?

It's nothing to do with Celtic though, and everything to do with the boys club, who are not affiliated in any way shape or form to the club, this is the spin coming from Liewell and his PR machine now.

Incredible.

No chance will any of it fall on the tramps. Their placemen in positions of power in this shitehole will make sure of that.

My thoughts too it’s pretty common knowledge that Stein knew and sacked him but crucially did not inform the police. So why did Stein in effect cover up a crime? Equally I’m sure it was published that McNeil knew too and again didn’t report this to the police (not 100% on that one but something tells me that was published). Brazil’s book is fairly open about it also he at least was open about it.

That mob have like the RC church covered this up for years and in the secessionist republic it will remain covered up. It’s a horrible crime and the perpetrators should be jailed.

It's nothing to do with Celtic though, and everything to do with the boys club, who are not affiliated in any way shape or form to the club, this is the spin coming from Liewell and his PR machine now.

Incredible.

Torbett must have been mightily confused being kicked out of a club by the manager, when he apparently had absolutely no connection to said club. o_O

Liewell is scum.

If this was any other organisation where children were involved, a full scale investigation would have taken place and that institution shut down.

Why not here.............

Vile and disgusting behaviour by the authorities, that are in place to protect our children........

Incredible.
Aye, the E.T's will be getting it tight from CFC for not stating he was "coach for separate entity"

If this was any other organisation where children were involved, a full scale investigation would have taking place and that institution shut down.

Why not here.............

Vile and disgusting behaviour by the authorities, that are in place to protect our children........
They're there to protect... but some things are more important than child protection.

The problem for Celtic is that for years they gave the line that Torbett was physically kicked out the front door by Stein. This leaves some awkward questions so the next line is that the BC was a separate entity and nothing to do with Celtic. If so then why was Stein kicking him out the club. To answer Bob 1873 it was stated in the original trial that Torbett's behaviour was an 'open secret' at Celtic. I'm pretty sure this was given by Billy McNeil from the witness stand, so would have been given under oath.

Incredible.
Someone should ask him why Kelly was president then.

x1mw3n.jpg

Celtc FC were enablers and facilitators of countless criminal acts to take place against vulnerable young people. They all knew, from the Boardroom downwards. No amount of deflection and spin from their mhedia whores can erase that reality. They are synonymous with and inextricably linked to paedoism.

the same no connection club who paid his business £250k a year when he was banged up ?

Woah! let's be absolutely clear of the facts £1M. Celtic had a £1M deal with Torbett's trophy centre. And then Celtic Chairman kevin Kelly joined the board of Trophy Centre. Do you know what Kelly did after Torbett was convicted? nothing he remained on the board of Trophy Centre and continued to make money for Torbett and himself.

kevin Kelly's daughter is a senior editor of content for BBC Sport Radio Scotland programming. Her name is Clare Fulton.

Many people at the piggery would have been hoping he'd plead guilty and go down quietly. It ain't going to happen and June could be interesting. I wonder if the prospective jury members will be given the same type of vetting as was carried out before Whyte's trial?

The SFA are apparently due to release their report in to historic child abuse cases in the coming days. Funny how only weeks ago, fat Pete forced in his crony Doncaster on to the SFA board which gave him a majority in the SFA board room. Sweep Sweep Pete.

Will the BBC remind its views of this revelation they informed us of last year while investigating Torbett

That is utterly appalling. They say Stein never knew anything, but kicked Torbett out of the club. Then Stein awards Torbett an award just three years later. Why would the " legend" Stein do that ?

The excuses have started already:

John Cassidy16 mins ago

Knew we would get the braindead, lets take a pop at Celtic opportunists who know absolutely nothing about the situation trying to interpret things the way they want them to be, and not how they were. It has always been one man as far as the court and police were concerned, and considering it was at a time when nothing was done regarding understanding the effects sexual abuse had on children, you can't then demand that the current thinking be applied when we didn't even want to think about such things in those days, far less investigate them. They would be simply be given a doing, sacked, classed as a dirty old man, and we would move on. Celtic did sack him, but to infer that they were somehow implicit in his crimes is absolute nonsense and disgusting to even suggest it. It was probably one of those taboo subjects that real men wouldn't even want to contemplate in those days. It would be unthinkable to them, and they would deal with it in accordance with their upbringing, and that would be to dismiss the perpetrators or give them a doing. One thing they wouldn't have thought about was the kids and the effect it would have on them. When I was growing up a paedophile was simply classed as a kiddie-fiddler. It was an almost jokey way to describe something that we didn't fully understand or want to acknowledge. It was of the time, so to apply current understanding and the long term effects to a period long gone by is ridiculous. No one at Celtic other than Torbett has ever been accused of anything, so this is another desperate attempt by the uneducated to apply modern understanding to the past and expect things to be the same. Nobody has given any evidence or proof of wrongdoing outside of the man accused so they are obviously basing their hatred of Celtic on what they think should happen. As before we need to let the law decide and stop the mischief making simply because you don't like the club it involves, unless of course you do have conclusive proof of another person's involvement, but I don't think so.

Lets not waste the prosecutor fiscal and the courts time folks, back then it was just kiddie fiddling and real men wouldn't have said anything about it cos it was fine.

What a filthy, mhanky, fucking tramp.

Woah! let's be absolutely clear of the facts £1M. Celtic had a £1M deal with Torbett's trophy centre. And then Celtic Chairman kevin Kelly joined the board of Trophy Centre. Do you know what Kelly did after Torbett was convicted? nothing he remained on the board of Trophy Centre and continued to make money for Torbett and himself.

kevin Kelly's daughter is a senior editor of content for BBC Sport Radio Scotland programming. Her name is Clare Fulton.

it was a four year jail sentence...x £250k = £1m

Even Mark Daly could work that one out.

At the same time as Mccafferty, Heggarty and Cullen were sculking in the shadows.

That cesspit has enough there to keep BBC Scotlands journalists in ajob for years to come....

There will be absolutely no consequences what so ever to fall on the door step of the chamber of secrets, that is about all I cant guarantee regarding this.

Lets not waste the prosecutor fiscal and the courts time folks, back then it was just kiddie fiddling and real men wouldn't have said anything about it cos it was fine.

The comments below his are staggering. What a shower of scum.

Someone actually wrote that :mad:

Incredible.
Sorry but it's common knowledge that Big Jock of the Knew variety kicked Torbett out of Celtic Park he wouldn't be able to do this if it was a different entity

Lou McCari's autobiography

"
Away from first-team and club matters, which were bad enough, another issue was beginning to raise its ugly head at the club. Within a month of my arrival one of the young players asked to see me in my office. 'Here we go,' I thought. 'That didn't take long. Here's a youngster in to complain about not being in the team. Straight away he's going to be into me to give him his chance.' He sat down and told me that he had had problems on a trip to North America with the youth team. One of the fellas in charge had made advances towards him.

As a manager you expect to have to sort out all sorts of problems. But this wasn't one I ever saw coming. I was staggered. To be frank, I didn't know how to respond for the best. Clearly the kid was distressed about what had happened, but I felt I couldn't just approach the accused and ask him to explain himself without proof. My hands were tied, in a way. I felt completely stuck and out of my depth. I spoke to my staff. They were shocked. My gut feeling was that the kid was speaking the truth, but there was no mechanism within the club or within my experience to deal with it. It was a police matter if anything. Any investigation had to start with them.

And that's exactly what happened.

A couple of years later it all came out. Celtic Boys' Club founder Jim Torbett was convicted of sexual abuse of three players, including Alan Brazil.

Frank Cairney, the manager of the Boys' Club, was charged but not convicted. It emerged that years earlier Jock Stein knew all about Torbett and kicked him out of the club. The wish to maintain the good name of Celtic, if that were ever a good enough reason, was the only thing that kept the issue from coming to light at that point. There was a string of allegations by young lads whose dreams of playing for Celtic were exploited, but it was the testimony of Alan Brazil, David Gordon and James McGrory that brought the matter to court, and Torbett to justice."

Where to even begin with this, I don't know what card he's playing here.

So hes playing the ignorance card while genuinely trying to look down his nose at the education of someone questioning a club who actively covered up historic child abuse?

Apparently he was one man, so Frank Cairney and Jim McCafferty obviously didn't exist, or are we just excluding them from history to make this point?

Back then it wasn't a big deal, you called them a kiddie-fiddler and it was a jokey taboo subject, absolute nonsense, its as vile now as it was back then, I dare say back then vigilante's would have been more likely to take matters into their own hands.

His paragraph sums up their whole approach when anyone mentions the child abuse at their club to them the response is always "you find jokes about child abuse funny - you're sick", NO I find child abuse disgraceful and everyone complicit in enabling or facilitating it should be castrated and hung.

They and anyone who takes any stance to defend this sort of stuff is complete scum.

As someone who always believed that Celtic would finally get their comeuppance over the appalling cover up that took place, I am now convinced that no action will be taken against the club, McGinn or Kelly.

Torbett is as guilty as sin - even the dugs in the street know that.

But there's a much bigger story here. Unfortunately we'll never hear it.

That's a real insight into their current thinking. It was only Juan Ghuy, nobody had any idea it was that bad, it's disgusting to infer that they had anything to do with it and if you do then you're uneducated.

Every other country want to hold club's to account for their action, or inaction, when it comes to child abuse. In this country the powers in Scottish football don't even want to talk about the fact celtc allowed child abuse to happen for years under their roof. Billy McNeill confirmed it was "an open secret". It has been confirmed that big Jock knew and chose not to contact the police allowing the paedo to keep fiddling with other innocent kids. Then, worse of all.... they gave Torbett his old job back and allowed him to keep abusing kids!!!!!

This is the worst case worldwide of any sporting institution facilitating paedophilia, yet the bheasts are not being taken to task on this???? They should no longer exist in any form for their crimes against innocent children.

Back