Tottenham after Postecoglou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enrique, Amorim, De Zerbi and Postecoglou

According to them Postecoglou ticks "some of the boxes better than anyone else" (presumably the ones that says "Do you want to go large for 50p extra ?")

Can’t see De Zerbi or Enrique touching that job with a barge pole tbh

Fair enough, but what I'm saying is he has been linked with other high profile jobs, he was a 'surprise' and 'mystery' candidate for the Chelsea job, did anyone seriously think he was going to get that gig?

From the outset Spurs were linked with Poch, Nagelsman, De Zerbi, Enrique, Slot, even Kompany and Zidane, of all the names linked, if they were to appoint Ange now, the punters would be furious.
To be honest, I'm getting really nervous in case they don't appoint him as I'm told by a very reliable source that I'm next on the list

I’d be more positive if he just left, rather than relying on a chain of events that we’d need to happen with him in charge for us to get a grip on the league and old firm games again.

It’s akin to when Rodgers left. We’d all prefer to beat AP, but it’ll be easier to beat someone new coming in who needs to adjust.

Point taken.

However, with Fatty at least we know what we're up against - it's a very one dimensional approach that relies on lack of injuries.

If they get someone else in, who's to say they might not turn into a better footballing side with a modicum of tactical nous.

Point taken.

However, with Fatty at least we know what we're up against - it's a very one dimensional approach that relies on lack of injuries.

If they get someone else in, who's to say they might not turn into a better footballing side with a modicum of tactical nous.

This would be more concern.

He is a fatter Warburton but with money to spend. If Plan A doesn't work, do Plan A better. Or in Ange's case if Plan A isn't working just throw on more attackers.

I think Hears sussed them recently, but then got a man sent off.

Beale has sussed him and how to play against him, just unfortunate our defenders have committed harri karri in each game and our strikers have decided they don't like hitting the target.

They have had their names, but they have seen multiple candidates withdraw and commit themselves elsewhere and for months now! Candidates worth their salt at the Top level will take notice of Conte and his predecessors and likely seek out direct feedback from Conte….so Spurs are not in the driving seat with this one!

Gravy Tits has had ample opportunity at press conferences to categorically deny he’s interested in the job and he’s skirted round it with stuff like, “I’ll think about next season once the next game is over”.

To those doubting it could happen, remember this?

“Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Don’t ask me silly questions then”.

Gerrard also never took the opportunity to categorically deny an approach or interest in him from Villa (or Newcastle as I think it was when he made the above sound byte).

The Scott Munn link could be to Postecoglou what Purslow was to Gerrard.

And to any lurkers reading this … I want your manager to stay and see what he’s made of when there’s pressure on him week in, week out from a strong Rangers side full of players firing at 100%.

Gravy Tits has had ample opportunity at press conferences to categorically deny he’s interested in the job and he’s skirted round it with stuff like, “I’ll think about next season once the next game is over”.

To those doubting it could happen, remember this?

“Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Don’t ask me silly questions then”.

Gerrard also never took the opportunity to categorically deny an approach or interest in him from Villa (or Newcastle as I think it was when he made the above sound byte).

The Scott Munn link could be to Postecoglou what Purslow was to Gerrard.

And to any lurkers reading this … I want your manager to stay and see what he’s made of when there’s pressure on him week in, week out from a strong Rangers side full of players firing at 100%.
I think fat ange hasn't distanced himself because he wants the job but surely he has got no chance?

How do you go from Mourinho and Conte to Ange lol?

The only chance he's got is that Rodgers went and done such a good job at Leicester initially, that there was probably a time Levy wanted him. So he's perhaps thinking Ange could do similar?

But for me no chance, if Spurs actually go for him they've lost the plot and will be punished. The guys a flat-track bully

I think fat ange hasn't distanced himself because he wants the job but surely he has got no chance?

The only chance he's got is that Rodgers went and done such a good job at Leicester initially, that there was probably a time Levy wanted him. So he's perhaps thinking Ange could do similar?

But for me no chance, if Spurs actually go for him they've lost the plot and will be punished. The guys a flat-track bully
The fact they let Mourinho go is baffling, didn’t they sack him a week before a cup final?

Conte is a nutjob, but he’s a proven winner in Italy and England. I think Ange is that arrogant he thinks he could do what Jose and Conte couldn’t. He comes across as a guy who needs that chip on his shoulder, of never being the first choice, of being doubted, because that’s what fires him up.

One of these, “I’ll f**kin’ show you” types, but I can’t see the J League tactics of Parkhead going down well at Spurs.

The fact they let Mourinho go is baffling, didn’t they sack him a week before a cup final?

Conte is a nutjob, but he’s a proven winner in Italy and England. I think Ange is that arrogant he thinks he could do what Jose and Conte couldn’t. He comes across as a guy who needs that chip on his shoulder, of never being the first choice, of being doubted, because that’s what fires him up.

One of these, “I’ll f**kin’ show you” types, but I can’t see the J League tactics of Parkhead going down well at Spurs.
Aye that's right, he got them to the league Cup final then they sacked him. And had their ex player as manager and got beat.

I agree, Ange is arrogant enough to think he'll do well, he'll get embarrassed but won't care as he'll be getting silly money.

Haha and that's true, no chance his Japanese signings will make such a big difference. He's already flopping with thay recently for the tims. Oh is dugmeat and so is the centre back they signed

Bookies favourites mean literally nothing.
No, it means most of the money in the market has gone on him, and the bookies shorten the odds to cover their liability.

There will certainly be those betting on him to take the Spurs job as a punt. But there will also be people in the know who have placed serious cash on it.

It isn’t over until it’s over, but it’s just as ridiculous to rule out any possibility of him getting the gig as it is to say it’s a done deal.

He is, at the very least, one of the prime candidates. I don’t know why there are so many on here weirdly in denial about that.

He'll be on max 3m salary at Celtic, Spurs will offer about 8m, if he does well it could be boosted to 12m. No way he's turning that down, if they make an approach he has to take it

He'll be on max 3m salary at Celtic, Spurs will offer about 8m, if he does well it could be boosted to 12m. No way he's turning that down, if they make an approach he has to take it
Agreed.

He’s an Australian of Greek descent. He had zero interest in Scottish football prior to taking the Celtic job. He didn’t grow up supporting the club.

Imagine that’s you. You have the opportunity to switch to the EPL on more than double the salary.

Put it another way. Imagine you’re a Scottish manager currently at, say, Anderlecht. You’re happy in the job and on good money.

But then your agent makes it clear that Dortmund are interested. Bigger club, bigger league, more money. Of course you’d want them to make their move.

If he’s approached, he’s away. It’s as simple as that.

Hes been a success in footballing backwaters like Oz, Japan and Scotland, but the EPL would be a step too far for him, I think he will go there, and be sacked before the season is over.
He's only got one move left in him before he retires. Doesn't strike me as a man who will make it into old age as a manager. Going to Spurs and failing would be very lucrative for him.
The flip side is Celtic throw a bumper contract at him if Spurs ain't taking him. The 'interest' will see Celtic panic and throw money at him.

Agreed.

He’s an Australian of Greek descent. He had zero interest in Scottish football prior to taking the Celtic job. He didn’t grow up supporting the club.

Imagine that’s you. You have the opportunity to switch to the EPL on more than double the salary.

Put it another way. Imagine you’re a Scottish manager currently at, say, Anderlecht. You’re happy in the job and on good money.

But then your agent makes it clear that Dortmund are interested. Bigger club, bigger league, more money. Of course you’d want them to make their move.

He won't be a rich guy, at least in relative football terms. Total nothing playing career and not managed anywhere of note up until now. At his age, he is definitely taking the money.

I don't really care about who is their manager, if he stays I look forward to seeing how he copes chasing us all season... glass definitely half full and looking forward to us adding some quality to win the league

Mourinho and Conte were fucking dreadful for them tbh.

He won't be a rich guy, at least in relative football terms. Total nothing playing career and not managed anywhere of note up until now. At his age, he is definitely taking the money.
Anybody approached by an EPL is going. It's mentally deranged not to. £100,000 a week.Pit yourself again Klopp, Guardiola, Arteta, etc. Blank cheque to get who you want. And make a total lady's front bottom of it, and get your contract paid up. No way anyone is knocking it back.

I dont think he will be on anything like 60 grand a week, which in itself would make what Spurs would offer even more attractive. I actually think the Celtic board would be willing to let him go as they made a big noise about the compensation they got for Rodgers and they would get decent dough as compo for Postecoglu

I'm with the folk who want him to stay. I know he's grafted his whole life and deserves a shot. I know he talks well about the sacrifices his parents made so he could have a better life as an immigrant to Australia. But if he stays we get to see him next season staring despondently at his shoes seething with barely contained rage, the fat bad loser %^*&.

You go from Mourinho and Conte to a SPFL manager when your top 3/4 targets have turned your club down.

I’m struggling to see why this is a hard concept.

This.

The names that they have failed to land aren't exactly top tier either.

Slot, Fonseca, Gattuso, Kompany, Alonso - all good managers but nowhere near elite level.

I dont think he will be on anything like 60 grand a week, which in itself would make what Spurs would offer even more attractive. I actually think the Celtic board would be willing to let him go as they made a big noise about the compensation they got for Rodgers and they would get decent dough as compo for Postecoglu
He is on a rolling contract so they would get one year of his wages which is likely somewhere between £500k and £1m.

He is on a rolling contract so they would get one year of his wages which is likely somewhere between £500k and £1m.

Allegedly £10k a week + decent bonuses per trophy won and level of European qualification.

They are desperate to get him on a multi year deal for compensation purposes.

He goes to Spurs and they get buttons compared to what we got for Gerrard never mind what they got for Rodgers.

Agreed.

And all valid points, except, he's not getting the gig. Insane to think otherwise.

It’s interesting that we operate completely differently with managers contracts to them. All the way back to O’Neill it feels like they’ve had them on rolling deals, while we give out 3-4 years.

It’s interesting that we operate completely differently with managers contracts to them. All the way back to O’Neill it feels like they’ve had them on rolling deals, while we give out 3-4 years.
I think Rodgers is the only one they tied down to a deal at the end of his first season.

Maybe losing managers, as opposed to players, to the EPL isn't something that really concerns them strangely. Or it probably makes it easier to bullet a manager if they fall behind Rangers which sadly hasn't happened often enough in the last 20 years.

I think Rodgers is the only one they tied down to a deal at the end of his first season.

Maybe losing managers, as opposed to players, to the EPL isn't something that really concerns them strangely. Or it probably makes it easier to bullet a manager if they fall behind Rangers which sadly hasn't happened often enough in the last 20 years.
Yeah you’d think with our record of managers since Walter it’d be us who wanted to have a get out!

This.

The names that they have failed to land aren't exactly top tier either.

Slot, Fonseca, Gattuso, Kompany, Alonso - all good managers but nowhere near elite level.

The Conte debacle (and those before him) will see the elite managers give Spurs a swerve, at least for the next while anyway.

Spurs are now shopping in the "project manager" isle, rather than than the established elite one.

Define cushy? Cushy for me would be trebling or quadrupling my wage, knowing that if it went Pete tong I’d get paid up anyway.
You seem absolutely hell bent on there being something in this daft story.

Fat Angelo will not be the new manager of Tottenham Hotspur. Please stop saying that he will.

You seem absolutely hell bent on there being something in this daft story.

Fat Angelo will not be the new manager of Tottenham Hotspur. Please stop saying that he will.
All signs point to there being concrete interest.

Why you can see otherwise I have no idea.

He’s the outright bookies favourite for the job.
There’s a clear link between him and Scott Munn.
He’s refused to commit to Celtic in interviews beyond the cup final.
Spurs have failed to land any of their main targets so are on their C list of targets now.

And I’ve never said he will be the next manager, please point me to where I said that?

Spurs 23-24 kit leak, there could be some truth to the rumour after all.

spurs.jpg

I’m not saying he’s 100% going to be offered it, but he’s clearly on their shortlist.

If the rejections continue, then he will be offered it.
I’ve not seen one person on FF say he will be offered it, but there are some people so entrenched in their view point that it’s outrageous to even consider he’d get it, that they’ll have to change their username if he does for all the @ mentions they’ll be getting :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back