Tottenham after Postecoglou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spurs probably think he will be their Arsene Wenger because they both managed in Japan.

They probably will take a punt on him until the type of manager they want becomes available.

I think Rodgers will get a shot at it as he is a proven epl manager who will get a tune out of them for a season or so before it crashes and burns.

I’ve not seen one person on FF say he will be offered it, but there are some people so entrenched in their view point that it’s outrageous to even consider he’d get it, that they’ll have to change their username if he does for all the @ mentions they’ll be getting :))
It’s mental.

At least two Athletic writers including Pitt-Brooke, who’s paid six figures to follow Spurs, as well as Miguel Delaney and Fab Romano all reporting the same thing.

But no, wee Shug on FF absolutely KNOWS they’re not interested.

I think some see it as Celtic getting some sort of win over us, fucking lunatics.

The Conte debacle (and those before him) will see the elite managers give Spurs a swerve, at least for the next while anyway.

Spurs are now shopping in the "project manager" isle, rather than than the established elite one.

Spot on. Levy has made them toxic.

He's chased Poch. Chased Jose. Chased Conte.

Why would any top tier manager consider they'd be different ?

It’s mental.

At least two Athletic writers including Pitt-Brooke, who’s paid six figures to follow Spurs, as well as Miguel Delaney and Fab Romano all reporting the same thing.

I think some see it as Celtic getting some sort of win over us, fucking lunatics.

Don’t forget the bit about the Daily Record being in on it to big him up

It’s mental.

Spurs have had 2, maybe 3 elite managers (Jose and Conte arguably on the slide in their careers) in their history.

Guys like Christian Gross, Hoddle, Pleat, Jol, Redknapp, Ramos and Nuno Santo were all middle of the road managers, guys who could easily and on occasion did find themselves managing in the championship or random backwaters.

Let’s be completely fair, they’re going for AP because he’s demonstrated an ability to go into a club and make a step change in mentality and performance. He’ll be working at a higher level if he got the job, but he’ll have better players and bigger budget to work with. Quite honestly I couldn’t care less how he does if he gets it, the only skin in the game I have is seeing it unsettle Celtic, their army of random Asian imports and give us the initiative in the summer in terms of planning.

Spurs have had 2, maybe 3 elite managers (Jose and Conte arguably on the slide in their careers) in their history.

Guys like Christian Gross, Hoddle, Pleat, Jol, Redknapp, Ramos and Nuno Santo were all middle of the road managers, guys who could easily and on occasion did find themselves managing in the championship or random backwaters.

Let’s be completely fair, they’re going for AP because he’s demonstrated an ability to go into a club and make a step change in mentality and performance. He’ll be working at a higher level if he got the job, but he’ll have better players and bigger budget to work with. Quite honestly I couldn’t care less how he does if he gets it, the only skin in the game I have is seeing it unsettle Celtic, their army of random Asian imports and give us the initiative in the summer in terms of planning.

Don't forget they essentially sacked Jol during a European game when the news broke they were hiring Ramos in 2007.

Ramos had won back to back UEFA Cup's and they canned him within a year for Harry fúcking Redknapp.

Don't forget they essentially sacked Jol during a European game when the news broke they were hiring Ramos in 2007.

Ramos had won back to back UEFA Cup's and they canned him within a year for Harry fúcking Redknapp.
When you consider how they’ve operated under Levy, and some of the bang average names they’ve had, it’s completely reasonable to see why they’d move for AP.

Harry Redknapp brought his Portsmouth tribute act to WHL and hit the jackpot with Gareth Bale.

He then insisted on taking offence to being called a ‘wheeler dealer’, despite spinning yarns to anyone who’d listen about how he ripped other teams off for Yakubu and staging a fake drive out of the training ground with the window down for a quick word with sky every deadline day, the tit.

When you consider how they’ve operated under Levy, and some of the bang average names they’ve had, it’s completely reasonable to see why they’d move for AP.

Harry Redknapp brought his Portsmouth tribute act to WHL and hit the jackpot with Gareth Bale.

He then insisted on taking offence to being called a ‘wheeler dealer’, despite spinning yarns to anyone who’d listen about how he ripped other teams off for Yakubu and staging a fake drive out of the training ground with the window down for a quick word with sky every deadline day, the tit.

Don't forget Tactics Tim, who brought a fan out of the stand to help him in the dugout.

Gravy Tits has had ample opportunity at press conferences to categorically deny he’s interested in the job and he’s skirted round it with stuff like, “I’ll think about next season once the next game is over”.

To those doubting it could happen, remember this?

“Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Don’t ask me silly questions then”.

Gerrard also never took the opportunity to categorically deny an approach or interest in him from Villa (or Newcastle as I think it was when he made the above sound byte).

The Scott Munn link could be to Postecoglou what Purslow was to Gerrard.

And to any lurkers reading this … I want your manager to stay and see what he’s made of when there’s pressure on him week in, week out from a strong Rangers side full of players firing at 100%.

I suspect he's probably playing mind games with the yahoos by being non committal to a certain degree.

If nothing comes from the Spurs link they'll probably hand him anything he wants in terms of a new contract so even if he fails down the line he still walks away a multi millionaire from it.

Last edited:
Spurs are nothing but a mid table EPL team
With delusions of grandeur. The sheer gall of them thinking they were a Super League team having won nothing in a lifetime was something else. The reality is that with Arsenal back in the game, the Saudis at Newcastle and Chelsea likely to be be much improved under Pochettino, how do they break into the top 4 when Liverpool, City, United are above and Villa have an excellent manager and will spend big. Spurs are going to be a car crash next season, Fange or no Fange.

With delusions of grandeur. The sheer gall of them thinking they were a Super League team having won nothing in a lifetime was something else. The reality is that with Arsenal back in the game, the Saudis at Newcastle and Chelsea likely to be be much improved under Pochettino, how do they break into the top 4 when Liverpool, City, United are above and Villa have an excellent manager and will spend big. Spurs are going to be a car crash next season, Fange or no Fange.

Spurs will be lucky to get top 8 next season, let alone top 4

Since yesterday’s post #1062, the only counter argument I’ve read is “no way Spurs will offer the job to Postecoglou”.

Way.

They've previously given the job to the likes of Martin Jol, Tim Sherwood, Harry Redknapp and Nuno Santo. We’re talking about Spurs, with their toxic chairman, who’ve just finished 8th in the league, and won’t be playing in Europe next season. Spurs, who like to take a punt on managers who favour attacking football. Spurs, who have a new Australian CEO.

Obviously, I don’t know for certain they’re going to offer Postecoglou the job, but it’s entirely credible - even likely - that they will. And he’d be certain to accept.

Spurs are a shambles and will need a canon fodder manager next season after a few big hitters leave especially Kane. They'll get Postecoglou in he will oversee a shitshow and he'll be gone In six months just in time for Spurs to hire a better grade manger to properly rebuild

Spurs are a shambles and will need a canon fodder manager next season after a few big hitters leave especially Kane. They'll get Postecoglou in he will oversee a shitshow and he'll be gone In six months just in time for Spurs to hire a better grade manger to properly rebuild

Brilliant strategy by Spurs hire a manager to wreck their season just so they can pay him off and hire a better manager in January. Honestly some of the bollocks that people post on here…

Brilliant strategy by Spurs hire a manager to wreck their season just so they can pay him off and hire a better manager in January. Honestly some of the bollocks that people post on here…
That does seem like something spurs would do.

No chance. He's damaged goods. Wouldn't surprise me if his next job is abroad

Is he damaged goods though?

He won the FA Cup with Leicester, was a baw hair from taking then into the CL twice and the semi-finals of the Conference League, where he only lost out to Jose’s Roma.

If we’re honest that’s more impressive than spending the guts of £50 million to win 5 trophies in Scotland, getting bitch slapped all over Europe in the process.

This season with Leicester can easily be explained away with FFP issues impacting the transfer business in the summer.

Who would you pick between the two to run your team?

I could see the morbidly obese Antipodean getting the job if there were literally no other options, but Rodgers is a far better choice who already knows the league inside and out.

Last edited:
Gravy veins is on a yearly rolling contract meaning they get heehaw right?

there will be compensation in his contract for both parties if one wants to terminate it or a clause if another club comes in.

Obviously I’m not a lawyer so I could be talking absolute nonsense

Spurs probably think he will be their Arsene Wenger because they both managed in Japan.

They probably will take a punt on him until the type of manager they want becomes available.

I think Rodgers will get a shot at it as he is a proven epl manager who will get a tune out of them for a season or so before it crashes and burns.

The calibre of manager they want wont go due to Levy, they need a yes man and he fits the bill.

Arne Slot turning them down must have been a blow.

I was surprised Conte went in the first place.

Spurs aren’t in Europe so they don’t have to worry about Fatso failing miserably on that front as he has done every season.

Would be a cheap stop gap until they find a permanent manager.

The calibre of manager they want wont go due to Levy, they need a yes man and he fits the bill.

Arne Slot turning them down must have been a blow.

I was surprised Conte went in the first place.
Pochettino, Mourinho, and Conte were "yes men"?

Just shows you how much our football club have failed this season when this thread has 1k replies including mine.
Was it not 9 mins of added time that saved him when Ralston scored prompting the rival manager to ask if they were just going to keep playing until Celtic scored.

We have given him a massive leg up that's for sure.

With Spurs putting Scott Munn in post it certainly gives some small hope to those of us who want Fat Bastard to leave and hopefully he would take some of the Tora Tora Tora squadron with him.

But sadly though just because Munn is Australian doesn’t mean that this is any kind of reason to bring him in.

Maybe however Spurs can take a punt on him though, he does seem to be able to turn a club around and make a bang average group better than they should be. This together the realisation that without the resources of Man City, Man United or Newcastle spurs aren’t ever going to win that league no matter who is in charge so perhaps it’s exactly what they do need.

Part of me wants him to stay because if one small line like “he’s a lucky man” can tear at him then the meltdown will be delicious when it happens.

Bisto boy should go now, pardon the pun but his “stock” is never going to be higher. Moreover, If we get our act together next season and he wins nothing no one will touch him.

He will be waiting to bag the SC then hopefully it will all kick off. That said if Caley pull of a miracle and win it, AP is a much tougher sell to the Spurs support.

I hope they go for AP. Would hope it unsettles things. I think they might go for Rodgers though.

There will be a fair amount of unsettling of the dressing room even if he doesn’t go this time.

His players now know he’s actively looking to jump ship at the first Prem side who flash their knickers at him.

New signings will also be wondering if the manager trying to bring them in actually has any future at the club.

It would be helpful if we had some voices in the media who could really push that narrative.

Sooooooooo?

Quite honestly I couldn’t care less how he does if he gets it, the only skin in the game I have is seeing it unsettle Celtic, their army of random Asian imports and give us the initiative in the summer in terms of planning.

This and only this is all I'll take from the possibility of Fat Oz going to Spurs.

Whether he stays or not I have confidence that Beale, given we get the upgrade in players that he wants this summer, will have us champions this time next year.

When they beat ICT, he'll probably feel like there's nothing else to realistically achieve in Scotland.

There's 0% chance they'll achieve anything worthwhile in Europe if the last 2 decades are anything to go by.

He'll be 60 in 2 years. Does he stay for a 3rd year in this medieval shithole coming up against the most dire dross imaginable when he's already won it all, or does he set his young family up for life whilst managing in the biggest league in the world?

Whether it's Spurs or another EPL team, he'll absolutely be off when he's officially offered a job there.

When they beat ICT, he'll probably feel like there's nothing else to realistically achieve in Scotland.

There's 0% chance they'll achieve anything worthwhile in Europe if the last 2 decades are anything to go by.

He'll be 60 in 2 years. Does he stay for a 3rd year in this medieval shithole coming up against the most dire dross imaginable when he's already won it all, or does he set his young family up for life whilst managing in the biggest league in the world?

Whether it's Spurs or another EPL team, he'll absolutely be off when he's officially offered a job there.

Let's be honest the only reason he is still here is no English team has went for him.

He will be offsii very chance he gets, 100%

I don’t think there’s any doubt he would walk to London to sign the contract if he was offered the job.

The only real question is if they’re going to to offer it to him.

If he comes out this week with the, ‘I’m staying here to finish the job’ bollocks we all know it’s only because he’s been told he’s not getting it.

His players won’t buy that shite though - they’ll know he’s itching to get away, and that will impact their own situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back