Turnbull of Motherwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t need to watch 20 games to tell you he would start.

Plenty of individual footage available on the likes of Wyscout.

I think you'd at least have needed to have seen him do well against Rangers or Celtic to say he's currently better than Davis, Jack, Kamara or Arfield.

Him or his agent has fooked this up big time, I doubt a big money offer will come in for him from England. It will go quiet for while then he go begging back to the filth, or some club will sneak in and take him for less than the filth offered. Least he's saved the embarrassment of having to play for them and put on their tainted top.

I doubt his agent has advised him to turn down £10k a week unless he thinks he has a good chance of getting better elsewhere.

I think you'd at least have needed to have seen him do well against Rangers or Celtic to say he's currently better than Davis, Jack, Kamara or Arfield.
Is that the case for all new players we sign?
Are our players only good once they do well against the mentally challengeds?

I once saw O’Halloran do very, very well against both them & us. Means nowt when he is actually a poor player.

Bad logic to follow.

I know, I mentioned Stewarts as it was a “good goal”
You said Jones didn’t play well against us. He did and he scored the winning goal

You said Stewart didn’t play well against us even though he scored against us too

These are the two teams we struggled against most all season. Stewart was in both teams. Turnbull sold a goal against us. In summary, you’re talking shite

You said Jones didn’t play well against us. He did and he scored the winning goal

You said Stewart didn’t play well against us even though he scored against us too

These are the two teams we struggled against most all season. Stewart was in both teams. Turnbull sold a goal against us. In summary, you’re talking shite
Jones did not play well against us last season, come off it.

Its possible to score & not play well.

In summary, watch the full 90 minutes.

Jones did not play well against us last season, come off it.

Its possible to score & not play well.

In summary, watch the full 90 minutes.

Goals win points. Stewart won Killie the point and played well every time we played Killie last year. Jones is always a danger running at our full backs.

Is it possible to sell a goal, do absolutely nothing against us and still try and argue he would walk into our team? Like the anonymous David Turnbull? Slayer of the bottom 6

They can’t win here, pay him 20k a week and unrest happens across the squad for guys not on that salary.
Would be nice to see massive unrest. Hopefully they get him, overpay him, he fails to deliver and the rest throw their toys out of the pram.

Goals win points. Stewart won Killie the point and played well every time we played Killie last year. Jones is always a danger running at our full backs.

Is it possible to sell a goal, do absolutely nothing against us and still try and argue he would walk into our team? Like the anonymous David Turnbull? Slayer of the bottom 6

There was one game at Killie the season before where JJ really gave Tav a really uncomfortable day too.
Tav improved after that & generally coped well with him.

No going to continue on Stewart & Jones, made my thoughts on them clear.

Slayer of the bottom 6, but not one of our midfielders scored more than him, or more against the top 6. First full season. Nice one pal.

Would be nice to see massive unrest. Hopefully they get him, overpay him, he fails to deliver and the rest throw their toys out of the pram.

I’d prefer they don’t get him mate. It seems he was one they had as a banker.
Probably replace Ntcham & net cash in as well as wages savings.
Hope they don’t have a plan b :D

Nope not off my nut at all

We need a huge upgrade in attacking midfield options, we have a kid on our doorstep that scored more goals than our entire central midfield put together last season and he’s only 19.

He would be a star for us and we could easily double/triple our money on years to come if we wanted to sell

Wanted mcginn last summer and was told the same thing and now look, he is a 10m+ player and way out of our price range

Don’t be a snob because he plays for Motherwell
I agree.
No one scores the number of goals from midfield as this lad scored at such a young age without having something about him.
I really don't want him to go to the Filth, he would be a dangerous player for them.
Is 3 million a gamble?
Probably too much for us at this stage of our recovery, sad to say.
However, if we get Aribo then I suspect we will be getting a player as good if not better.
In that context, the 3 million would be a daft gamble.
I wish we could afford both.

Him or his agent has fooked this up big time, I doubt a big money offer will come in for him from England. It will go quiet for while then he go begging back to the filth, or some club will sneak in and take him for less than the filth offered. Least he's saved the embarrassment of having to play for them and put on their tainted top.
Maybe the lad has something about him as a person and he quite simply doesn't want to be associated with a club neck deep in paedophiles?

Is that the case for all new players we sign?
Are our players only good once they do well against the mentally challengeds?

I once saw O’Halloran do very, very well against both them & us. Means nowt when he is actually a poor player.

Bad logic to follow.

He was played off the park just a few weeks ago by the players you're saying he's already better than though.

He might develop into a better player than all 4, but there's no way he's ahead of them at this stage.

I’d prefer they don’t get him mate. It seems he was one they had as a banker.
Probably replace Ntcham & net cash in as well as wages savings.
Hope they don’t have a plan b :D
It pisses me off that they get top dollar regularly for player sales. I don’t buy that they particularly improve players but they do scout well (on occasion) and players naturally will improve as they gain experience, if you sign the right players.

I genuinely thought van Dijk was ok but nothing special with them, let’s not forget he played when Malmo scored 3 headed goals/goals inside the 6 yard box or so, shortly before he left and look at him now.

It pisses me off that they get top dollar regularly for player sales. I don’t buy that they particularly improve players but they do scout well (on occasion) and players naturally will improve as they gain experience, if you sign the right players.

I genuinely thought van Dijk was ok but nothing special with them, let’s not forget he played when Malmo scored 3 headed goals/goals inside the 6 yard box or so, shortly before he left and look at him now.

Have to agree. When he went to England I thought he’d get his arse handed to him in a plate, as every time in Europe he was exposed.
Have to respect how he’s developed himself.

As I said in other threads - it would be nice for them to lose out on a very public transfer. For them to make such a big deal of it and him not to sign would be a slap in the face no matter how much face saving they try to do. The Tweets are mainly aimed at his representatives I think but very unprofessional of Celtic.

van Dijk was clearly a special talent. I didn't think he'd become Europes top defender, but it was obviously he was going to be top player.

van Dijk was clearly a special talent. I didn't think he'd become Europes top defender, but it was obviously he was going to be top player.
Mate, beyond the odd free kick, I genuinely didn’t see it. I obviously don’t really watch them except v us but I did see the Malmo game and thought how can you have a side score such easy, close range goals. I would say watch it back. I thought he was average.

He was played off the park just a few weeks ago by the players you're saying he's already better than though.

He might develop into a better player than all 4, but there's no way he's ahead of them at this stage.
He would get in ahead of Jack. Without doubt, we’re looking to add creativity & goals to the midfield. The first man to drop out will be Jack.

As you will see come the start of the league campaign when we get our targets.

He’s nowhere near as good as Jack in the role that Jack plays.
Of course, completely agree and they’re very different players.

But I am of the opinion that in the majority of games we won’t want 3 midfielders who lack creativity & goals playing together. Hence why we’re after Aribo, hence Allens comments. If he is to play, he will replace one of they 3. I know who my money is on being dropped.

No going to continue on Stewart & Jones, made my thoughts on them clear.

Slayer of the bottom 6, but not one of our midfielders scored more than him, or more against the top 6. First full season. Nice one pal.
He scored most of them and found his form when Motherwell played the final 5 games against the dross of the league who had one eye on their holidays. He may well be a good player but he was shite against us. He was shite against the tims.

It’s not football manager pal he’s no got an invisible Potential Rating. He had a good 6 months where he played well against the lesser teams in the league. Your a stats man go and check who he plays well against and come back to me

John McGinn had 3 good seasons and consistently caught the eye in the big games. He earned his £20k a week salary and likewise his £4m fee

Of course, completely agree and they’re very different players.

But I am of the opinion that in the majority of games we won’t want 3 midfielders who lack creativity & goals playing together. Hence why we’re after Aribo, hence Allens comments. If he is to play, he will replace one of they 3. I know who my money is on being dropped.

It's fair to say Jack will be the most vulnerable if Aribo arrives.

That said, there's no question, that due to injuries, suspensions, number of games, Jack, Aribo, Kamara, Davis and probably at least one more mid, will see plenty game time bud.

He scored most of them and found his form when Motherwell played the final 5 games against the dross of the league who had one eye on their holidays. He may well be a good player but he was shite against us. He was shite against the tims.

It’s not football manager pal he’s no got an invisible Potential Rating. He had a good 6 months where he played well against the lesser teams in the league. Your a stats man go and check who he plays well against and come back to me

John McGinn had 3 good seasons and consistently caught the eye in the big games. He earned his £20k a week salary and likewise his £4m fee

His goals are already posted on here. Scored v Sheep, Hibs, Hearts & the rest we’re bottom 6 teams.

It's fair to say Jack will be the most vulnerable if Aribo arrives.

That said, there's no question, that due to injuries, suspensions, number of games, Jack, Aribo, Kamara, Davis and probably at least one more mid, will see plenty game time bud.

Agree on your last point MU but not sure Jack is most at risk if Aribo joins.

Time will tell, but I’ll be glad to broaden our midfield group for a long season.

Agree on your last point MU but not sure Jack is most at risk if Aribo joins.

Time will tell, but I’ll be glad to broaden our midfield group for a long season.

I'm basing it on the style of player Aribo is, the position he plays and our current formation Grigo.

It's not a dig at Jack, I'm a fan.

However, the way we play now, Davis sits the deepest, pulling the strings and Aribo doesn't play that sort of role.

He likes to get about the park, the same way Jack does in his new role.

With pretty much 2 games a week until Xmas, all our mids will see plenty game time.

Celtic's "magnificent offer" tweet ensures that if he does sign for Celtic he won't have any sort of honeymoon period, and for a young player that's not ideal.
A poster on here was adamant that the lad was a 'Well fan who wanted to play for them for another year before going down south. This seems to be following that narrative so far though things can change if cash is thrown at him.

I dont see why any young player who has the option of going down south would join us or them unless they were a big supporter of one given how far behind our game is.

A poster on here was adamant that the lad was a 'Well fan who wanted to play for them for another year before going down south. This seems to be following that narrative so far though things can change if cash is thrown at him.

I dont see why any young player who has the option of going down south would join us or them unless they were a big supporter of one given how far behind our game is.
Which clubs would be better than playing for Rangers?

For me and you with our blue tinted glasses, none at all.

For someone who probably doesn't care about Rangers any team from #1 premiership to 2/3 down the championship.
Nothing to do with a blue tinted perspective. Ray Wilkins stated his best experience in football was here; player after player has suggested playing for Rangers was a bit special; players who have no links to Rangers suggest that running out at Ibrox was an experience to remember. Which clubs would be better than playing for Rangers for a player such as Turnbull?

I'm basing it on the style of player Aribo is, the position he plays and our current formation Grigo.

It's not a dig at Jack, I'm a fan.

However, the way we play now, Davis sits the deepest, pulling the strings and Aribo doesn't play that sort of role.

He likes to get about the park, the same way Jack does in his new role.

With pretty much 2 games a week until Xmas, all our mids will see plenty game time.

Absolutely all Of them are more than needed.

In fact releasing some dead wood & bringing in another of real quality might be on the managers mind ?

If the ITK people are right, what positions do you think the 3 quality players will be ?

He also has to look at going somewhere else and playing, or going to Celtic and be loaned out for one or two years to another Scottish team

Nothing to do with a blue tinted perspective. Ray Wilkins stated his best experience in football was here; player after player has suggested playing for Rangers was a bit special; players who have no links to Rangers suggest that running out at Ibrox was an experience to remember. Which clubs would be better than playing for Rangers for a player such as Turnbull?
Ray Wilkins was here when we had a team full of England internationals. Players who came here for the money and the platform of European Cup football because English clubs were banned. Times change we are not the big pull we were. Is that statement incorrect?

Championship teams like Derby and Middlesbrough can out spend us. Is that statement incorrect?

For a player who has no affinity towards us, if they can get a better financial deal with a club like that, with the potential to do well and play in the premiership and get a megabucks deal - thats not a better draw than what we have been underachieving lately?

We are a small fish these days to everyone but ourselves. This is a fact enforced by our player recruitment the past few seasons. The biggest names we have brought in have been Rangers fans (McGregor, Murphy, Dorrans) outside of Defoe who is here for Gerrard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back