Updated Rangers Statement - SPFL’s legal adviser deems Rangers' Members Resolution as incompetent, other clubs being bullied

android

Official Ticketer
I guess I worded it badly. I'm sure it was reported that Traynor's contract ran until the end of the season. We then appoint a Head of Comms. The two are not mutually exclusive. Until the end of the season Traynor may be working FOR the Head of Comms.

As I said, the statement in its entirety doesn't read like a Traynor piece - but that particular phrase of 'for the avoidance of doubt' is an old Traynor chestnut. Possibly drafted by one and refined by the other?

It was only an observation.:rolleyes:
Your observations are always welcome

govantrueblue

Official Ticketer
Are we sure this is the new man's work mate? The statement doesn't read like a Traynor piece when read in its entirety - but I did notice that 'for the avoidance of doubt' slipped in there. That's certainly an old favourite of Traynor's. Is Traynor not still involved until the end of the season (yeah, I know)?
This is 100% the work of David Graham.

oranje-viola

It's shameful and mind-boggling than an organisation such as Celtic can go to such lengths, efforts and depths to spin all sorts of machinations, intimidations and rewards to get themselves awarded this league title; yet they can't seem to figure out a way to admit responsibility/guilt, say sorry to and and make financial amends to the victims - and victims families - of the paedophile ring the facilitated within their club for 4 decades.

Priorities eh?

Dirty fenian bastards

blue barney

This is a disgrace, but you can be sure Lawell is at the moment desperately briefing his friends in the media spinning a story. We’ve known for years the authorities do their bidding.

DaveL

The SPFL appear to be making the dispersal of cash dependent upon settling the league title and league reorganisation first.

There is no rush to do either of those - thet could simply vote to use their resources to immediately alleviate cashflow problems.
Effectively starving clubs out to get the decision they want.
We want to give clubs money now to give them time to think and make the right decision.

bluestreak

Official Ticketer
Glad we have released this statement outing the nonsense that is evidently taking place in the background. Although it is quite annoying to hear that our first resolution was not deemed competent - who is advising us on this?!

Rod McKenzie does not work at Harper Macleod anymore. I think he does work for the SPFL. Harper Macleod are not Celtic’s lawyers (not their main advisors anyway).

That’s not to say there aren’t other conflicts of interest happening in all of this.
Harper Macleod are not Celtic’s lawyers (not their main advisors anyway).
when did they cease that role

rfc4ever

Just proves once and for all who the SFA SPFL really look out for, the scumtic and there tainted trophy hunt, that’s who, unsurprising that they took so long to respond as well delay any other resolution that is on the table and try and make it to there 5pm deadline absolute c**k wombles (much like the referees slow down our games intentionally) making sure that they can justify there own way of ending the league, they have been so transparent they are practically see through with this whole vote and I for one will find it very difficult to bother with next season if this is the absolute level of corruption we are up against in full view of the public eye and no one bats an eyelid. I hope that other clubs grow a pair and tell them to stick it.

Crispy Bacon

We need to be on the front foot as fans, Get on other forums and get the whole McLennan story on their multi-page threads about this topic. I truly believe most clubs don’t even know about the mirky links this guy has.

Expose it all and pull no punches.

Lenny Dee

Would love to know the manager’s thoughts on all this. I would bet that he’s down south somewhere shaking his head in astonishment at the blatant, brazen corruption driven by the most vile club in the world.
I sometimes wish he would comment more. Could shine a light on the goings on up here to the rest of the world, maybe shame them into doing the common sense thing for a change.

Ponientebear

Showing the SFA/SPFL/Celtic triumvirate up for who they really are.

this is action from the club that a lot of folk look for. Calling the corrupt cabal out.
We shall see how it plays out from here on in
Let’s face it not before time.
The Harper McLeod lawyer and McLennan clear conflict of interest issues have to be readdressed after this sorry mess is finished with as this is a clear indication of the corruption that’s happening.

Erskineger

Would love to know the manager’s thoughts on all this. I would bet that he’s down south somewhere shaking his head in astonishment at the blatant, brazen corruption driven by the most vile club in the world.
He was well aware of it,even before he arrived as our manager.
WATP

Rossco99

Absolutely no surprise there. Everything about this is looking like a railroading of clubs into voting for the SPFL proposal. It's politics 101 when you want something a little controversial or dodgy passed you give the legislators as little time as possible to debate and discuss it. Livingston will have been promised Celtic loaneees and possibly some cash thrown at them for Lyndon Dykes for their support yesterday by Celtic. Ever is gearing up for them to lead to the SPFLs predetermined conclusion of crowning Celtic champion's.

Ponientebear

Hopefully that will shut up the people who constantly claim we aren’t doing enough.
You never fail do you, it’s about time something was do and if most sensible people can see that they will be happy, so troll off somewhere else you crank.

Gramps1

Official Ticketer
We need to be on the front foot as fans, Get on other forums and get the whole McLennan story on their multi-page threads about this topic. I truly believe most clubs don’t even know about the mirky links this guy has.

Expose it all and pull no punches.
Do t say your a Rangers fan they’ll no listen.
Some still think Scottish football is run by us and the scum.

eeboh

I remember reading about the corruption that went on in the Italian league and in France with Bernard Tapie. Look at this league now, utterly without shame doing that mobs bidding.

stein and johnston

To me that lot of have scored a massive own goal.. They normally have statements coming out every two minutes but all of a sudden they’ve got nothing to say on the matter.. One of the biggest decisions to be made in years and they have suddenly gone quiet..Surely rational people will see this stinks to high heaven.

A1bertz

The SPFL appear to be making the dispersal of cash dependent upon settling the league title and league reorganisation first.

There is no rush to do either of those - thet could simply vote to use their resources to immediately alleviate cashflow problems.
Correct, and if cash was allocated based on current league standings, that could be adjusted at the end of this crisis or via next season payments.

What I don't get is the rush to end things.
It can only mean one thing..
They know a non complete season is the outcome and there is a fear that #9 is in danger. They must be wanting to make a call before a mandate or recomendation from European /world football is made.

Speminalium8

At long last we seem to be growing a set and hoping that David Graham is contributing to this new change in policy. They hate us and always will. No need to walk on eggshells about calling things out. By all means court the support of other clubs.We’ll need alliances to beat Liewell. Doesn’t mean we trust them. But other clubs must understand we no longer are shrinking violets and they needn’t fear Lawells wrath if other teams break ranks.

jweebear

Just one expression of exasperation by him down south and it would shine a light on Scottish football corruption
You can bet if it was our club doing this blatant curruption , the scum would have Rodgers (whilst there) spouting about it in the English Press. Something for the club to think about if this corruption continues.

KGR98

The fans must stop financially supporting the diddy clubs by buying tickets.
Only issue with that is ok most of FF won't do it or supporters groups but there's some fans who don't really keep up with all the goings on like the kit stuff and will still go to the games it's hard to enforce unless the supporters groups travel to the grounds with the megaphone and get everyone told

rfc4ever

Further more I find it highly convenient that the statement about the football season being suspended until June 10th comes after the vote is announced as like a well you better vote to finish the league cause we have just received this, absolute b*****s wonder how long they have been sitting on that another play to coerce clubs to vote towards the Scumtic endgame