Vienna Away - Info and Updates in this thread

Will be on 5 going into this (assuming I get for Villarreal and Moscow)

You will get one for each of them. For Villarreal be a ballot for those on 0 points and can’t see many doing Moscow or as many doing it. I will be on 4 points after these 2 but not doing Vienna.

I was there for the OF game. Their plan, subject to police approval, is to close off the street and have a major sash bash.

The pub is really a Liverpool pub and they can charge like the light brigade (EUR4.10 for a 0% beer and EUR5.20 for a bowl of fries) however the locals are good bears.
Is the 0% a typo o_O

I was there for the OF game. Their plan, subject to police approval, is to close off the street and have a major sash bash.

The pub is really a Liverpool pub and they can charge like the light brigade (EUR4.10 for a 0% beer and EUR5.20 for a bowl of fries) however the locals are good bears.

I'd be surprised if the police approve that to be honest. We were in the night before the Maribor game and the police visited the pub numerous times due to noise complaints from locals as it’s in a residential area. At the end of the night there were around 20 or so police officers outside the bar. Was a good night however and the hundred or so bears all seemed to enjoy their selves.

I had to update payment details with TCS after my card details were part of the British Airways hacking as the bank stopped my card. The guy from TCS on the phone said it’d early - mid November, i.e. after the deadline for Moscow has passed and points have been updated.
Cheers mate I'm just going to book my own flights and patch the day trip then I'll only be on 2 points after Villarreal. Can't see me getting on the flight with only 2 points.

Still considering heading over anyone got a cheap deal recently? Or are prices sky high?

I'm open to staying outside Vienna as well and travelling in via train.

Me and my son flying out tues to sat. Glasgow - Dublin (£30 return each) Dublin - Vienna (£100 return each) Magdas Hotel (11 mins walk to Red Lion pub) 4 nights for £110/ Total 4 day trip £240 each.

Just need to try and get tickets now :)

There is no danger of that, the police were there non stop the night before Maribor because the locals were complaining about a bit of noise. Threatened to fine everyone if they got another complaint.

The bar increased the prices when it got busy with bears too so I’ll be avoiding this time.

Put my holidays in for this today 10-15th providing they approve a week off if not I’ll jig my dates about maybe 13- to the 15/16th.

Me and my son flying out tues to sat. Glasgow - Dublin (£30 return each) Dublin - Vienna (£100 return each) Magdas Hotel (11 mins walk to Red Lion pub) 4 nights for £110/ Total 4 day trip £240 each.

Just need to try and get tickets now :)

Same as us. Fly to Dublin on the Tuesday Night and Dublin To Vienna early on Wednesday morning.

Given all the bad press the red lion seems to be getting (or at least the poilicing around it) do we think it’s posdible to hire a venue for a private function that could accommodate a couple of hundred at least?

Plenty of Euro trips where this has happened for either night before or day of game

Have never been before so no idea of practicalities of this in Vienna

Just some info for those going from what we found out when we went via Vienna to Maribor since I’ve got the leaflet handy (also really good free tourist city guide book you can get at the train station, very useful)

We got the express city airport train (CAT as they call it), it’s 12 Euro single , 21 Euro return , gets you direct into city centre (Vienna train station (Wien Mitte) in 16mins and from there most Areas pretty walkable / loads of tram / underground (u-bahn) options to get about

Train leaves every 30 mins:
From Airport it’s 09 & 39 minutes in the hour (1st train is 06:09 , last train 23:39)

To Airport from City (main train station) it’s 07 & 37 minutes past the hour, 1st train is 05:47, last train 23:07.

(Note there is 2 Euro charge more for buying tickets on the train, inspector was pretty visible when we were there both journeys so i’d Advise getting before boarding , doubtful can skip)

Anyone recommend any decent and reasonably priced digs near the centre?

Considering an apartment after a quick browse of the hotels available on booking.com

I’m trying to weigh up options on best place to stay will probably fly into Salzburg where are most of the bears staying Salzburg or Vienna itself ? Flights into Vienna are slightly more expensive.

I’m trying to weigh up options on best place to stay will probably fly into Salzburg where are most of the bears staying Salzburg or Vienna itself ? Flights into Vienna are slightly more expensive.
Salzburg is about 3 hours from Vienna mate.

A lot of bears staying in Bratislava, only an hour on the train.

Given all the bad press the red lion seems to be getting (or at least the poilicing around it) do we think it’s posdible to hire a venue for a private function that could accommodate a couple of hundred at least?

Plenty of Euro trips where this has happened for either night before or day of game

Have never been before so no idea of practicalities of this in Vienna
Great idea, i remember the follow follow sash bash in Manchester, superb afternoon!!

Only going to be on 2 for this and applied for the club trip, not looking hopeful. Tempted to just apply independently and cancel my TC flight application, if possible.

Only going to be on 2 for this and applied for the club trip, not looking hopeful. Tempted to just apply independently and cancel my TC flight application, if possible.

I'm in the same boat, because there is only the one official flight it pushes the points required up.

With independent you have the slight chance more tickets might be made available later on or you can at least go for more than the one day.

Might not be a bad shout especially if the travel club only do 1 flight, going by the points info the SLO posted on Twitter the other day, I would imagine 2 points would be enough for an independent ticket

Me and my mate booked at start of week. All easyJet. Edinburgh to Amsterdam on the Tuesday night, 1830 dep. I think, cheeky night there then amsterdam to Vienna next day around midday. Same route returning on the Friday. Worked out £130 each return.

We also booked ibis budget hotel on booking.com for £40 a night in Vienna.

Out Glasgow Stanstead on Wed night
Stanstrad to Bratislava on Thursday morning

Back Saturday Vienna to Edinburgh

Staying in the Do Step Inn hostel.

Canny wait - now to get a ticket.

12th Glasgow to Stansted -13th Stansted to Vienna
15th Vienna to Stansted-Stansted to Glasgow £120 flights

Premier Inn Stansted Airport 12th £25
Hotel Atlanta 13-15th Vienna £75

I've got one through Viagogo because i have 0 TC points. I'm either getting in to the home end or i've been ripped off and i will be watching it in a nearby pub
What's the area to avoid again in the stadium? Where their nutters tend to go?

Just some info for those going from what we found out when we went via Vienna to Maribor since I’ve got the leaflet handy (also really good free tourist city guide book you can get at the train station, very useful)

We got the express city airport train (CAT as they call it), it’s 12 Euro single , 21 Euro return , gets you direct into city centre (Vienna train station (Wien Mitte) in 16mins and from there most Areas pretty walkable / loads of tram / underground (u-bahn) options to get about

Train leaves every 30 mins:
From Airport it’s 09 & 39 minutes in the hour (1st train is 06:09 , last train 23:39)

To Airport from City (main train station) it’s 07 & 37 minutes past the hour, 1st train is 05:47, last train 23:07.

(Note there is 2 Euro charge more for buying tickets on the train, inspector was pretty visible when we were there both journeys so i’d Advise getting before boarding , doubtful can skip)

thanks for useful information

What a pain in the arse it seems travelling abroad these days, my first trip in 92 to Lyngby consisted of a phone call to a trip advertised in the Rangers news, bus seat and match ticket guaranteed :D

Sadly my bus turned out to be carrying 50kg of Hash and we missed most of the game :eek::D

Snap Stevie. Staying in there as well.

Flying out Tuesday morning Glasgow - Dublin - Vienna with a 4hr stopover

Back on Friday morning Vienna - Düsseldorf - Glasgow
Good to hear Gary myself and Jack will be there Wednesday morning from Heathrow. Jnr not going his Mrs is expecting their first kid a few weeks before it.

Rapid selling 2 game package for 56 euros in sector 5 direct on their site.

Cheers for the heads up. Going to get one, think seat 181 will be as close to the bears you can get. The rest looks like it will be a divide between fans.

Will be selling it on if I get a ticket in with the bears. How do I go about selling the Villarreal ticket?

Worth buying a ticket in sektor 5 or is there a chance of a ticket with 0 points? Put my name down but no optimistic, but was surprised most got tickets over in Spain

Back