Vienna Away - Info and Updates in this thread

How many TC point do we think will secure a ticket fot Vienna?

With it seemingly being the most popular trip and with an away section of circa 1800 (although that may change), then I would imagine 4/5 points at a minimum.

Happy to be proved wrong on that.

With it seemingly being the most popular trip and with an away section of circa 1800 (although that may change), then I would imagine 4/5 points at a minimum.

Happy to be proved wrong on that.
If that is our allocation then going by the posts on another thread it is already oversubscribed and that's not counting the official flight.

Apparently if you go into your purchase history then the seat number of the registration is the number you were when you applied. It will not affect the allocation of a ticket though as that will be based on your points

If that is our allocation then going by the posts on another thread it is already oversubscribed and that's not counting the official flight.

Apparently if you go into your purchase history then the seat number of the registration is the number you were when you applied. It will not affect the allocation of a ticket though as that will be based on your points
Yep, at least 2000 people have already applied for Vienna.

I would guess that also doesn't include the folk who have applied to the official flights.

I’m in the exact same position mate apart from Moscow. Sitting on 4 points and hoping that will be enough to get a ticket a ticket for Villarreal and Vienna but not 100% sure if 4 will be enough. Hopefully we will get a little bit more than the 5% allocation we are entitled to, apparently the Rapid Vienna away section holds 1800, we are only entitled to about 1200 so it would be slight improvement.
you will be on 6 when Vienna comes round

you will be on 6 when Vienna comes round

Looks like I should be ok but I’ll only be on 5 when they ballot the Vienna game. 6 after that, regardless of whether or not I get a ticket. Should still be enough.

Bought them on viagogo. Noticed a lot of guys have had emails saying viagogo have cancelled their order but I’ve received a confirmation email and when i log into my viagogo account I can already print the e-tickets

Bought on viagogo as well and mine haven’t been cancelled either but no option to print mine? Says won’t be available to print until week before

What are folks thinking the cut off will be for Vienna independent? Few of our boys on 2 or 3 points and I'm not sure that will be enough.

Looks like there are at least 3 of us on this flight. Now the panic to get a ticket, don't think 1 point has any chance. All my previous trips I managed to get a ticket for our section!!

I've got one through Viagogo because i have 0 TC points. I'm either getting in to the home end or i've been ripped off and i will be watching it in a nearby pub

I reckon we will be surprised, I think anyone with 2 or more points will get a ticket

Hopefully mate. A lot of people have registered an interest already and it's still a few months until the match. It seems to be the most popular trip with Villarreal short notice and Moscow further away.

Aye me and my auld man. 1600 glas - stanstead then onto Vienna
Onto Vienna on the Tuesday also mate?

Most of these Glasgow/Stanstead flight involve a late night flight from Glasgow and an overnight stay with early next day flight to Vienna.

Im on the Thomas cook website and looking to book 3 of us for Vienna, surely they dont take the money from my account until i know if i have been successful in getting a ticket, anyone know?

MEETING LOCATIONS

I haven’t checked the whole thread but thought I’d ask.

Temperatures are definitely going to very low and therefore do we envisage everyone gathering in the main square in Vienna or are pubs the most likely destination.

If the latter where are bears most likely to be?
Any bears based out there able to recommend the best pubs.

Staying in Arthotel ANA Westbahn to the West of the city

Any one any idea when we will be told if we are successful for the day trip flight?

Only on one point so tempted just to book other flights.

MEETING LOCATIONS

Temperatures are definitely going to very low and therefore do we envisage everyone gathering in the main square in Vienna or are pubs the most likely destination.

Apparently there is a Rangers pub called the Red Lion where the Vienna True Blues watch the games, I'd imagine it will be jammed.

Booked up with this Edreams company through sky scanner and worried if there will even be a flight for me to get on :( Seems a very very dodgy company, no money taken, dont answer the phone.

Have you got an email with your itinerary?

Got a booking confirmation from Edreams and a Ryanair travel itinerary so that's positive.
However the money sat in pending transactions for 10 days and has now been returned to bank. Despite this shambles of a company saying its paid. No idea whats going on.

Ill make it there regardless, i hope :oops:

MEETING LOCATIONS

Stephansplatz is the main square area in the city centre (where the big catherdal is) but the Christmas market will also be on in the square at the Rathaus (city hall).

Your hotel is only 10 minutes on the subway to Stephansplatz.

Confirmation email this morning from the club just to say I've registered my interest for a ticket

Apparently there is a Rangers pub called the Red Lion where the Vienna True Blues watch the games, I'd imagine it will be jammed.

I was there for the OF game. Their plan, subject to police approval, is to close off the street and have a major sash bash.

The pub is really a Liverpool pub and they can charge like the light brigade (EUR4.10 for a 0% beer and EUR5.20 for a bowl of fries) however the locals are good bears.

I was there for the OF game. Their plan, subject to police approval, is to close off the street and have a major sash bash.

The pub is really a Liverpool pub and they can charge like the light brigade (EUR4.10 for a 0% beer and EUR5.20 for a bowl of fries) however the locals are good bears.
A major sash bash with big screens?

@Greg Marshall Any idea when Thomas cook will let us know if successful for the day trip? Or could you find out if it's not to much trouble mate.

I had to update payment details with TCS after my card details were part of the British Airways hacking as the bank stopped my card. The guy from TCS on the phone said it’d early - mid November, i.e. after the deadline for Moscow has passed and points have been updated.

Back