What’s the story with Shane Duffy? (All Duffy posts in here)

C****c should be severely punished for the Dubai farce and also for letting the Duffster leave the “bubble“ and fly home himself. Clearly he should have isolated and not played tonight. As punishment they should be told to make Duffy a mandatory selection for the first team for the rest of the season. That’ll tell ‘em.

I am not being flippant but there are (I assume) still not acting in best interests of games etc. rules?

They are claiming his trip home from Dubai is akin to his travelling to his home address after training each day.

The claim is that if he had left Lennoxtown to travel to where his family were then he wouldn’t be breaching any guidelines as he’d only be doing what players of all clubs do on a daily basis.

Its utterly absurd and he was clearly ineligible to play but the twats that run our game are totally incompetent and incapable of reining Celtic in.

The football media puppets are ignoring this angle so they have obviously been whipped into line by Liewell.

I fully expect that this utter farce will simply be ignored and anyone who does question it will be ridiculed as being an anti Catholic bigot.

Scotland really is a shameful country just now.

Celtic where going to use that as an excuse* no to play him for 2 weeks. But one thing led to another and they had to play him. I think that’s what happened.
*Going to use that as an excuse for his misdemeanours in Dubai

You have to think they cleared this in their talks with the health board pre game.

Can't see how he is eligible. The talk of a "football bubble" is misleading, given that the players go about their lives outside of football but once he left their camp and travelled back alone, he surely falls into the quarantine rules that everybody else follows.

Sturgeon was pretty strong today in saying that she didn't want to stop football but they seem to be doing their best to change her mind.

So Boydy read out a Celtic statement, issued when Duffy left Dubai that said he had family issues to deal with and would be ineligible for the Hibs game due to leaving their bubble! So how does he become available, and should Hibs be asking questions? Great pass from him to make it 1-1 but a 0-3 Hibs award would be even sweeter.....almost Cherry on the Top stuff!!! lol
Could it be that he left the bubble over 10 days ago so has basically done his time had a test and was free to play, I can’t remember the time line of his departure.

So Boydy read out a Celtic statement, issued when Duffy left Dubai that said he had family issues to deal with and would be ineligible for the Hibs game due to leaving their bubble! So how does he become available, and should Hibs be asking questions? Great pass from him to make it 1-1 but a 0-3 Hibs award would be even sweeter.....almost Cherry on the Top stuff!!! lol
Yes he was

Reactions: TNT
Could it be that he left the bubble over 10 days ago so has basically done his time had a test and was free to play, I can’t remember the time line of his departure.

Given that they played us 9 days ago prior to leaving for Dubai, I'm going to say that is highly unlikely.

The big fanny will deliver another comedy performance at the weekend, Duffy isn’t just rank rotten, he’s all they currently have :cool:

You have to think they cleared this in their talks with the health board pre game.

Can't see how he is eligible. The talk of a "football bubble" is misleading, given that the players go about their lives outside of football but once he left their camp and travelled back alone, he surely falls into the quarantine rules that everybody else follows.

Sturgeon was pretty strong today in saying that she didn't want to stop football but they seem to be doing their best to change her mind.

You’re right, they surely must have cleared it given the storm they were in.

One point though, I don’t think footballers “go about their lives outside of football”. A friend of mine is the club doctor of one of the Scottish football teams and he was saying that players are told they should either be training, playing or in their house. No exceptions. Certainly not on a long haul flight with the general public.

You’re right, they surely must have cleared it given the storm they were in.

One point though, I don’t think footballers “go about their lives outside of football”. A friend of mine is the club doctor of one of the Scottish football teams and he was saying that players are told they should either be training, playing or in their house. No exceptions. Certainly not on a long haul flight with the general public.
Fair enough, mate. You know more about than I do so won't argue with you.

The Tim's will get punished for playing big Duffer tonight, they'll have to play all their games behind closed doors now.

We have to clear Lawwell’s puppets out and the best way to do it is by pouncing on issues where they’ve broken their own rules to favour Celtic.
For the sake of the game they need to go .Theyre destroying it from within.

Maybe they know change is coming and theyre just letting the tims carry on as a last throw of the dice.

Anyone know who Duffy's agent is? I'm looking for a move to Spain preferably Madrid.

39yo Winger/Striker , Can also play in the hole, nae lungs, and my legs went years ago.

You would have thought so, unless he intended coming back early.

Not necessarily. Irish Catholics have this weird thing where they need to be buried within two days. It's real. Fair few friends and colleagues have either had to rush back home, or often miss significant funerals, for that reason. (Losing staunch points here at an alarming rate).

Not necessarily. Irish Catholics have this weird thing where they need to be buried within two days. It's real. Fair few friends and colleagues have either had to rush back home, or often miss significant funerals, for that reason. (Losing staunch points here at an alarming rate).
It's just a done thing in Northern Ireland. Some weird rule of thumb where they have to be buried by the next Tuesday.

I've been told of a few times where someone would die on a Friday, be buried on a Monday and relatives would read about the service before they knew they were dead.

The donkey arrived back in London on TUE 5th JAN he should be self-isolating until the 15th but their punishment should now be to play every game until the end of the season:

SCOT GOVERNMENT ADVICE:
From 04:00 Monday 11 January 2021, all arrivals from Dubai (United Arab Emirates) will be required to self-isolate on arrival. In addition, those passengers that have travelled back to Scotland from Dubai since 3 January 2021 are also being asked to isolate for 10 days, from the date they arrived back in the country.

Self-isolation
You must self-isolate for 10 full days if you arrive in Scotland from a country outside the Common Travel Area (UK, Republic of Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man). This is to protect against the risk of imported cases of coronavirus.

Self-isolation rules apply to all travel to Scotland, by train, ferry, coach, air or any other route. It also applies regardless of how you have arrived in Scotland – directly or via another part of the UK
He should be reported to the police, along with Celtic.

Police Scotland logo

Home / Secure Forms / Covid-19 Reporting form
In an emergency call 999 / For non-emergencies call 101

Covid-19 Reporting form​

This form is not for Emergency Reporting. If there is an emergency please call 999.
We will only accept reports of breaches occurring in Scotland.

All fields marked with (required) are mandatory and must be filled in.

Is the breach taking place in Scotland :

I actually think he must have been able to play, because even they aren’t that stupid.

Considering he has the same level of footballing ability as the 2008 pop singer, he can play all he wants!.

Tin foil hat firmly on.

But unless Celtic are just going for the nuclear option and trying to get the season postponed/paused/stopped.

I don't think that's the case at all but nothing would really surprise me with them.

Bolingoli was ineligible for the same reason and there was no team sanction as Celtic were unaware he had traveled. That isn’t the case with Duffy but I don‘t know if there’s a precedent for a player being ineligible due to COVID other than those who are suspended for breaching rules. That will likely be what Celtic are banking on.

I imagine a conversation took place this afternoon. Something along the lines of....

Hibs - "We would request that all players available for celtic tonight have another test done."

celtic - "We do not agree to that request."

Hibs - "In that case, there may be little point in us coming through tonight as a lot of our players do not feel safe."

celtic - "What if we promise to play Shane Duffy?"

Hibs - "See you at 7.45."

His assist for Nesbit's goal was fantastic.
If you look closely, it looks more like it was Laxalt who played the ball, see the yellow boot.

That aside, they'll use wordplay, as in being 'asked' to SI, not being 'told' to SI as the get out.

I know they aren't the brightest but surely to God they wouldn't be that stupid to field an ineligible player on top of everything else?

If you look closely, it looks more like it was Laxalt who played the ball, see the yellow boot.

That aside, they'll use wordplay, as in being 'asked' to SI, not being 'told' to SI as the get out.
It wasn’t, the replay from a different angle shows Duffy toe poking it to Nesbit .

Back