Who has been the best footballer you have witnessed playing at Ibrox?

Best Rangers player, Laudrup. Most entertaining, Gascoigne.

I thought Iniesta was absolutely majestic when Barcelona came, probably the only perfect performance I’ve seen live. Messi obviously played that day but he never got much space to run.

You won't hear a bad word from me about DC but sentiment is definitely involved in your decision. A wonderful footballer undoubtedly but.........Brian Laudrup? In a different league I'm afraid.
Best opponent ? Hardly original but as a young boy I was mesmerised by Cruyff and clearly remember him and his teammates being applauded by the Bears. How often has that happened?

World class player, and team MWPJ.

Another team I remember us applauding was the Juve team in the 80s I think ? Tanked a brave Rangers team 4.0.

Have you seen Cooper's Drybrough cup final goal against Celtic?
I know that wasn't scored at Ibrox, but few players in the world could have done that.
Yes, and it was a wonder goal. I'm not aiming to put Davie Cooper down with my reply mate. I just don't think he was on the same level as Brian Laudrup.not many were.

Against: del piero

For: Coop

Although I loved Godrup, the greatest foreigner to play in our league, in the 90's skilful players got a wee bit more protection than they did in the 70s/80s. So it's Davie Cooper for me.

Reactions: TQ3
I'm going to agree with a lot of replies already about Riquelme, sublime. It honestly looked like he played that game with a 10 yard radius of space.

I've mentioned before in these types of threads that when we played Man United in 2003, Ryan Giggs made the game look effortless and everytime he got the ball I was shittin it. I don't even think his performance was by his standards anything special that night but just watching him find space, float about and find his teammates had me mesmerised.

You know, it got me thinking about someone who should have been mentioned in this- Durrant. On his day a sublime player who never maxed out his true potential in the game. His movement off the ball and football awareness of one so young was a joy to watch at times. A real diamond in the rough, often overlooked by the big money signings we made under the magnificent bastard.

There have been some of the best when you sit down and look at them on, Valencia with Menideta and Lopez, Juventus with Del Piro, Vialli and that team. Kiev 86, Red Star 90, Munich 89 all had players that became some of the best.

I did see Rummenigge play for Inter against us, but I was too young to really remember much about the match.

Gasgoine. He wasn't just World class but genuinely could stake a claim of being the best player on the planet at various times. He's up there with anybody.

On the back of the if you could relive a game thread, it got me thinking about the best football player or players who have played at Ibrox and not just for Rangers. There are an abundance of players but I'm going to say Gascoigne for sheer natural talent.
Slim Jim.

Seen some absolutely fantastic players through the years but Johan Cruyff for Ajax wins it for me with Mario Kempes second.

For us it would be Laudrup.

As far as one off games go, Benzema absolutely ripped us apart v Lyon
His second and Lyons third goal that night was different gravy.

I’m thankful for Benzema tipping us apart because it pretty much sent us in our way to Manchester.

Thanks Karim!!

Beckenbaur, Cruyff, Kempes, Hoddle, Ardilles, Cunningham, Giggs , Waddle ,Requelme,Rep,Haan,

Beckenbaur got ripped apart in the famous semi final win way back in 72.
Couldn't handle what was going on around him that night.
I watched Baxter in his sublime time with us.
Laudrup Gazza the Moody blue were all fantastic servants to our club.
And a wee special to Ian Durrant who was an outstanding talent who was outstanding in Souness first season 86/87.

Requelme was the player who lit up the stadium when he played at Ibrox.

On the back of the if you could relive a game thread, it got me thinking about the best football player or players who have played at Ibrox and not just for Rangers. There are an abundance of players but I'm going to say Gascoigne for sheer natural talent.
Laudrup but Gascoigne was a close second

I never saw Baxter our Cooper, but as well as Laudrup and Gazza, Alexia Mikhailitchenko (sp) had some flashes of insanly unbelievable skill

Back