Who will be watching the women's World Cup?

There was a clip on last night where one girl scored a cracking goal and she practically burst into tears after it, incredulous that she scored it. :D

You can just imagine the rows of sensible shoes in the dressing rooms. :cool:

I remember seeing a match from the last womens world cup in a pub in edinburgh on a night out, it was hilariously bad. I'll give this a miss.

Wait till they start on the gender pay gap with the men’s game.
They already have. See Adrian Durham above, it's really fashionable for BBC radio presenters to pontificate and virtue signal about women's sport. I've heard Nicky Campbell (cvnt) and some knob from Today both ruefully bemoaning the fact that women are, unaccountably, or due to nasty sexism paid less than men. They're probably over compensating as they get paid more than the BBC burds.

They already have. See Adrian Durham above, it's really fashionable for BBC radio presenters to pontificate and virtue signal about women's sport. I've heard Nicky Campbell (cvnt) and some knob from Today both ruefully bemoaning the fact that women are, unaccountably, or due to nasty sexism paid less than men. They're probably over compensating as they get paid more than the BBC burds.

The answer to that is once sky and bt are pumping billions into their game and they are playing in front of thousands of fans paying 30 quid a time then we can talk about equal pay

The answer to that is once sky and bt are pumping billions into their game and they are playing in front of thousands of fans paying 30 quid a time then we can talk about equal pay
Of course it is! It's a proper shout at the radio moment, they act as if they're genuinely baffled and saddened by the disparity. Anyway, if they're worth the money get them playing in the men's teams if they're that good.

No.

I did take in GB v Brazil woman at the London Olympics. Almost 80000 in attendance and a decent enough game. Won 4 tickets

Not really for me though.

6dvt5ah.gif

Once they can beat an under 18 team i might begin to care.

I didn't realise they had qualified until about 4 articles on the BBC website today.

The Sports media have been really pushing the women's world cup in recent weeks and women's football in general for quite sometime.

I have even heard this WC will put the sport on the map once and for all.

I feel it's almost a taboo but I have absolutely zero interest and would rather watch........well, most things.

Keen to understand if there is genuine interest in the sport/tournament or is this just a PC drive to make football appear all inclusive.

I heard Adrian Durham recently stating that Real Madrid should be banned from European competition because they do not have a women's team - I genuinely struggle with that but maybe I'm just a dinosaur.
Sorry, wouldn't watch it even if all 44 were topless.

Good luck to them, I won’t organise an event around it but if it’s on tele I’ll show Scotland my support. Definitely.

When I've seen any womens football, I've actually been impressed that there was no acting/diving/ cheating etc that you see at any real football, but sadly the standard is rotten & the goalies....

Once they can beat an under 18 team i might begin to care.

I didn't realise they had qualified until about 4 articles on the BBC website today.
A few years back the Australian Olympic team took on an under 16 Aussie side and were gubbed 7. 1

I'll probably watch the Scotland games in the same way I watch the occasional Victory Shield match. Fair play to them for trying but if you look at women's tennis, it's the quality of the output that's the issue and not rampant sexism. It's nice to see Scotland involved in an international football tournament in any level.

I will watch them swapping jerseys at full time.

Not the Nine O'Clock news did a sketch with that as the punchline. Probably not safe to post but it's on Youtube - look for NTHON Girls Football.

I think it's fine an it has it's place - it does annoy me when there's a front page story on the BBC website about Man City playing Barcelona and when you click on the link it's womens' football. Need to earn that equal billing girls!

The Sports media have been really pushing the women's world cup in recent weeks and women's football in general for quite sometime.

I have even heard this WC will put the sport on the map once and for all.

I feel it's almost a taboo but I have absolutely zero interest and would rather watch........well, most things.

Keen to understand if there is genuine interest in the sport/tournament or is this just a PC drive to make football appear all inclusive.

I heard Adrian Durham recently stating that Real Madrid should be banned from European competition because they do not have a women's team - I genuinely struggle with that but maybe I'm just a dinosaur.
No one?

Watched 5 mins of the women’s FA cup final and the standard was absolutely appalling. An U13’s boys team would have beaten them easily.
It’s great women are playing football, but it shouldn’t be on tv.

Took my daughter to a Seattle Reign game years ago when Hope Solo played for them.

The best player on the park was the Seattle Reign No. 8. When I looked at the program it was Kim Little. I’ll probably watch a Scotland game or two purely because they can’t be any worse the Scotland men!!!

I’m all for the sport growing but I personally can’t take to it, I find it too slow and too boring.

I’m also not against a high quality female pundit being on a men’s football show, some of the men they have on are absolutely dreadful. But I certainly don’t want it being taken over with women purely for the aim of being seen to be politically correct.

A few years back the Australian Olympic team took on an under 16 Aussie side and were gubbed 7. 1
That's the one I was thinking of. Couldn't remember if it was 16s or 18s. Either way not really interested despite all the pushing from the right on types suggesting that i should be and they deserve as much attention as the men's game.

Nobody is saying women shouldn't play it. The question is will people watch it. The answer is no - because its shite

I'm involved in amateur football, but if it was on tv, I wouldn't expect anyone to watch it.

Do you watch the Irn Bru cup on Alba? Im guessing no. And the reason being cos its shite
Yeah, my point was not whether women should play football or not - Obviously that's their choice.

The issue is the imbalanced coverage and virtue signalling.

lot of forward thinkers on here today ,will you tell your daughters not to play football because womens football is shite .wtf .

I have a daughter and she can play football if she wants, but the thought of having to go and watch her would be fucking grim. Same if I had a boy that played cricket.

What's the point of trying to pretend it's not shite?

I've read of that happening in the US. One would think sport is one area where it's obvious if you're good enough or not and are paid accordingly but as we see with tennis, that's not the case.

The US example is a bad one to focus on. While I agree that the women’s game is much much poorer than the men’s game, the US women’s team are the best in the world and much more successful than their men will ever be. Crucially they are also much more commercially successful, generating £20mill more in revenue. Given that latter fact, the US women should not be paid less than the men. It’s the entertainment industry. Those that attract the biggest revenue should get the biggest reward.

In pretty much every other country where the poor standard of women’s football means that they attract much less money than the better product of the man’s game then the wage discrepancy is fully justified.

Amazing that you managed to get on the wrong side here where your automatic viewpoint would be right in every example but the one you went for...

I have a daughter and she can play football if she wants, but the thought of having to go and watch her would be fucking grim. Same if I had a boy that played cricket.

What's the point of trying to pretend it's not shite?

Pretty much this. My daughter plays football she enjoys it so I'm happy for her. Doesn't mean I don't think the standard is shit

I'll watch the Sco v Eng game and maybe highlights of the final...all with the sound down as the analysis will be honking

If equality existed, it would be being filmed on a camera phone and played down the park.

The standard is akin to us lot having a kick about.

The best 11 players from this forum could beat the best woman’s team on the planet. That, for me, shows just how poor the standard is.

I’ve no issues with woman’s football, it’s the media’s attempts to push it down my throat and call me a misogynist for not liking it that I find quite offensive.

The best 11 players from this forum could beat the best woman’s team on the planet. That, for me, shows just how poor the standard is.

I’ve no issues with woman’s football, it’s the media’s attempts to push it down my throat and call me a misogynist for not liking it that I find quite offensive.

Very well put. Had a woman in work going mental at me at the Christmas night out, simply because I said I don't watch it. She was determined that because I'm a football fan, the only reason I wouldn't watch women's football must be because I'm sexist. I should probably have got more angry at her than I did, but there's no point arguing with idiots.

Back