Willing volunteers tradesmen for Ibrox

Im sure theres a facility management company providing the maintenance/repair etc at Ibrox using their own contractors, can’t remember who it is. I’d imagine they would be really hard to deal with. Great idea though.

They might take it the wrong way initially, however if it was for a certain part of Ibrox or just one week, they would probably support it 100%.

Im sure theres a facility management company providing the maintenance/repair etc at Ibrox using their own contractors, can’t remember who it is. I’d imagine they would be really hard to deal with. Great idea though.
Maybe give them a kick up the arse to get some work done then, if not then volunteers would IF this was to get the go ahead

Again, I wouldn’t be treading on the toes of existing contractors. If however we prove capable of handling maintenance projects that would normally go out for bid/tender, we could have an impact on the number of contracts the club needs to assign and fork out for.
I wouldn't like to be falling out with Andy Smillie.:D
Good luck with your idea.

I’m going to look into this further. I already have the platform with my company. I’ll make some calls and scope it out.

If anyone can help with contacts at the club to run a presentation by, I can start working towards it.
I wish you well....and I’m no tradesman but capable of labouring for anyone.
Count me in!

Maybe its just me, but I'm not sure I would feel comfortable taking money out of some ones pocket that potentially has a contract at Ibrox. And I'm sure its quite a big contract, it could potentially sink someone.
Yes, understand this but contracts expire and need renewed, maybe there is an opportunity then.

Sorted now 3 man sqaud availible for painting

I am not fookin painting.
Joiner to trade, Banks, Building Society's, public houses, a quality finishing joiner to trade.
And a GF.
And I now know how many sugars to put in the tea.
We need an apprentice to go get the rolls for the ten o'clock tea break.

This is a big driver for me. Not just about the cost saving, but allowing fans the satisfaction of physically maitntaining OUR stadium.

My company has £2m endemnity and liabilities insurance , would that be high enough to undertake work or would club stipulate higher ? Would that rule out tradesmen .

I am not fookin painting.
Joiner to trade, Banks, Building Society's, public houses, a quality finishing joiner to trade.
And a GF.
And I now know how many sugars to put in the tea.
We need an apprentice to go get the rolls for the ten o'clock tea break.
A GF? I'd probably fall out with you within an hour.:D

No chance on here mate it's all office boys that use this forum :D

I'm sure if you need some phonecalls made or a spreadsheet made up then you'll have an abundance of helpers :D

Sadly I am a thick useless lazy bastard otherwise I would jump at the chance of helping out. I was going to offer to go to the nearby bakers and buy some pies/sausage rolls for the workers but I'd eat half of them before I got back.

Good luck with this.

I wonder how many tim lurkers have read this post and have already started looking at your idea could be illegal.

I work for the family business that manufactures worktops, tables and other items in granite, quartz and marble. If the club wanted anything for the suites like fancy table tops I could persuade my old man to let me make them. He’s Spanish and not really a football fan but knows how much I love Rangers.

fellow bear rates on a new worktop

Would be great to see the Maintenance Schedule how we are coming along with it and what's getting done next and what the overall goal is.

Would like to see if work to Edmiston House is included and when its scheduled to start and what it could be used for.

I think getting volunteers to come in and give the place a proper deep clean and lick of paint and a general touch up outside should be considered by the club.

To raise money for upgrades we could even do that Blue Heaven Scheme again.

This is well meaning idea, of that I have no doubts. However I think the thread should be in the Secret Lounge, the mentally challenged lurkers on this board love this kind of talk.

Sadly I am a thick useless lazy bastard otherwise I would jump at the chance of helping out. I was going to offer to go to the nearby bakers and buy some pies/sausage rolls for the workers but I'd eat half of them before I got back.

Good luck with this.

I wonder how many tim lurkers have read this post and have already started looking at your idea could be illegal.

You could just stand holding your brush and shovel telling us all not to make a mess.
Look after your broom.

Existing contracts would have to be honoured. Nobody can be sunk for not receiving a contract they haven’t bid for.
and when the contracts come around again no one will get it as rangers effectively have free labour?
its a good idea and its been mooted a few times down the years and for one reason or another it never gets going

I’m all for helping nd would gladly be there but we need to make sure in these times o the SNP screwing ye if ye aren’t a scumbag then we aren’t doing honest bears out of work! I’m a mech tech but can turn my hand to most things. Would love to be involved :)

This is well meaning idea, of that I have no doubts. However I think the thread should be in the Secret Lounge, the mentally challenged lurkers on this board love this kind of talk.

What? There's a Secret Lounge?

I recall The Lounge on the old board was 'secret' to those with less than x,000 posts (incl. me) but I didn't know there was a secret one on here. Fucksake, I'd better start posting more often!

Pressure wash the outside of the stadium, especially the Main stand beam and above the Enclosure Glass Towers, get the white stains off the Ibrox Disaster Memorial bricks, graffiti removal guys looking after the area and walls around the stadium on a regular basis, painting to be done inside the ground around the concourses and hospitality areas, stick the wallpaper up, new carpets laid down, install new LED lighting inside and outside stadium! Jobs, jobs, jobs!!!
And what would you like me to do after lunch?

Hahaha Like they are gonna be looking at posts that say " ,tradesmen required " or " labourers needed "

This was first offered up 3 years ago living locally and being a carpenter to trade and a foreman I was up for it as were many bears .
There was a name put forward to organise it .I am sure and an army of volunteers .
The press published the guys details and hounded him The rhats were all over this .

But if it ever kicked off and there would be a lot involved I know a young PM who would love to get his teeth into it

Back