Willing volunteers tradesmen for Ibrox

Wait until you try and put it together and you will quickly realise you will need more than effort, you will need the luck with you to make it work
I'm 100% behind you but you better stop being offended by innocent remarks because you will face a barrage of problems including insurance, health and safety, possible building control, certificates for plumbing, gas, electrical and all sorts of other red tape.
Not to mention the company who has the maintenance contract, Unions wanting their input
Trust me you will want all the luck and feelgood factors you can muster

There’s no offence taken, I just prefer people to be constructive with their responses, which you have now done.

If you knew my background you would understand that none of this work would be new to me. I’ve undertaken far bigger projects. I understand that it’s not simple and I may not get past the first hurdle. However, I’d much rather try and fail, than sit back and just assume it will be too difficult.

There’s no offence taken, I just prefer people to be constructive with their responses, which you have now done.

If you knew my background you would understand that none of this work would be new to me. I’ve undertaken far bigger projects. I understand that it’s not simple and I may not get past the first hurdle. However, I’d much rather try and fail, than sit back and just assume it will be too difficult.
As I said, good luck and if I can help in any way, PM and I'll be there.
My advice would be to speak to the Club ( Stewart Robertson ) and present a Business plan.Then take it from there. No sense doing a lot of work if there is some reason the Club won't back it

If my company was to set up a subsidiary arm which was staffed only by registered volunteers, I could write all the necessary risk assessments to gain an insurance policy for them to work at our stadium within their qualified field. Painters, electricians, plumbers, heating engineers etc could carry out work for the club to save them huge sums, whilst being protected by suitable insurance and within H&S protocol.

How many tradesmen do you would be interested in offering up their spare time to such an initiative?

Fantastic idea mate, fair play to you for having the foresight to put forward this and get the insurance etc sorted.
Hope the club and bears with the necessary skills step up and get this up and running.
It's often said on here and it's true,we have the best supporters on the planet.

Don't forget the walkway bricks fan s paid money for them there ever cleaned

cho Novo, post: 2396846, member: 5951"]Pressure wash the outside of the stadium, especially the Main stand beam and above the Enclosure Glass Towers, get the white stains off the Ibrox Disaster Memorial bricks, graffiti removal guys looking after the area and walls around the stadium on a regular basis, painting to be done inside the ground around the concourses and hospitality areas, stick the wallpaper up, new carpets laid down, install new LED lighting inside and outside stadium! Jobs, jobs, jobs!!![/QUOTE]

So what ever became of this?
In all honesty it hasn’t been progressed in the way I would like.
As expected, requirements to get suitably insured are extremely complicated, but even more so in ways that just seem nonsensical to be brutally honest. I shouldn’t be surprised by this. Risk management has grown into a whole new world of mental in the last 20 years.

I’ll hold my hands up and say that the lack of progress is mostly my fault, as my own bread and butter workload intensified and there’s been some big changes in the last 6 months. What I wouldn’t do, is deliver a half arsed idea to the club that hadn’t made sufficient consideration to the type of complications that would make this a non starter. In a nutshell, I want my ducks in a row.

However, I remain positive that with a little focus and hard work, I can put together a comprehensive plan to make a system like this work. I have spoken to a handful of insurance underwriters to get advice and although as mentioned it’s difficult, it’s not impossible.

I’ll keep pressing and if I get somewhere, I’m sure you will hear about it. If not, nothing ventured nothing gained.

Health and Safety would make this non starter.
Difficult, but not impossible. There is always someone who will underwrite you, but the higher the risk, the higher the premium. If you put the right procedures in place to give them the ALARP RA’s they love and show them a positive plan for SMS, you can get it to a manageable figure.

It’s a lot of work, but I’ll keep trying.

Difficult, but not impossible. There is always someone who will underwrite you, but the higher the risk, the higher the premium. If you put the right procedures in place to give them the ALARP RA’s they love and show them a positive plan for SMS, you can get it to a manageable figure.

It’s a lot of work, but I’ll keep trying.
Good on you mate. That's all you can do.

Back