World Cup 2022 World Cup Betting Thread

im still on chat with them just now, like pulling f*cking teeth

2min later, c*nts cut me off as i wasn't letting it go lol skybet now on my shit list, bet365 only now lol
Unless Opta amend their stats then Skybet will just continue to use them as their get out.

I might have a moan at them on the chat tomorrow, try and guilt a free bet out them by threatening to close the account :D

re: messi 33rd min fk SoT

skybet chat have admitted they're surprised it has not been overturned and have raised the issue with opta as they agree that it's a clear shot, they're laying the blame for not paying out squarely at Opta's feet
If they agree it’s a clear shot then pay the people their winnings then?

Unless Opta amend their stats then Skybet will just continue to use them as their get out.

I might have a moan at them on the chat tomorrow, try and guilt a free bet out them by threatening to close the account :D
f*ck that, demand they put more pressure on Opta, they done it with a Brazil corner 2 days later after initially saying it was a cross

Tried this after the Salah one.

‘Okay, this is something we can assist with. Can you please confirm……’ :))

Horrible markets, seriously don’t know why you bet them lads. Don’t think they should be allowed, sure they are actually banned in some countries.
Over a season if you do the Skybet SOT every weekend you'll be showing a profit.

I reckon it's got a hit ratio of at least 2 out of three.

And for what it's worth imo Messi was aiming for inside the far post with his free kick.

Edit to add,

They also do a NFL boosted bet on a Sunday, 3 teams to score a certain amount of points (usually 15), I noticed it about a month ago and the 3 or 4 times I've done the bet it has stoated. Now similar to the SOT bet it's a max of £10 but it soon adds up,

Last edited:
Over a season if you do the Skybet SOT every weekend you'll be showing a profit.

I reckon it's got a hit ratio of at least 2 out of three.

And for what it's worth imo Messi was aiming for inside the far post with his free kick.

Edit to add,

They also do a NFL boosted bet on a Sunday, 3 teams to score a certain amount of points (usually 15), I noticed it about a month ago and the 3 or 4 times I've done the bet it has stoated. Now similar to the SOT bet it's a max of £10 but it soon adds up,
How many people actually do that? Only bet those boosted ones? Nothing else at all. The majority of lads on here certainly do not. Why they still have Hills/SkyBet accounts. One lad is on here every few week complaining about bets related to shots on target.

That’s a different argument entirely though.

Like I say I don’t think these markets should be allowed (I’m not on about boosted prices) I’m on about markets that are disputable - shots/on target/tackles/assists etc…absolute load of nonsense like - something with them non stop. A World Cup match, featuring one of the best players of all time and there is an argument over whether he meant to shoot or cross a ball so a bet can be a winner, jesus.

Fire “Messi on target” in to Twitter, people complaining throughout the night - you can do this most weekends and midweek for a variety of players and there will be some argument related to all this. I couldn’t be bothered with the hassle of it all. For me a bet should be based on a definitive result, these markets are the worst going now and they’ve hooked loads on them.

Last edited:
Going to do a £20 acca on
Over 1.5 goals in Japan game
Spain to win
Under 2.5 goals in Belgium and Croatia matches.

Going to do a £20 acca on
Over 1.5 goals in Japan game
Spain to win
Under 2.5 goals in Belgium and Croatia matches.
The under is a frustrating bet. I had it during the week, might have been the Saudi game. Was waiting on a SOT and it came up an about 70 mins. Forgot I also had under 2.5 and later on noticed I hadn’t been paid. Looked the score and there was a goal in the last minute and another about 96 mins.

Surprised to see Belgium and Croatia at their respective prices. I know they were poor in the first games but thought they seem big today

How many people actually do that? Only bet those boosted ones? Nothing else at all. The majority of lads on here certainly do not. Why they still have Hills/SkyBet accounts. One lad is on here every few week complaining about bets related to shots on target.

That’s a different argument entirely though.

Like I say I don’t think these markets should be allowed (I’m not on about boosted prices) I’m on about markets that are disputable - shots/on target/tackles/assists etc…absolute load of nonsense like - something with them non stop. A World Cup match, featuring one of the best players of all time and there is an argument over whether he meant to shoot or cross a ball so a bet can be a winner, jesus.

Fire “Messi on target” in to Twitter, people complaining throughout the night - you can do this most weekends and midweek for a variety of players and there will be some argument related to all this. I couldn’t be bothered with the hassle of it all. For me a bet should be based on a definitive result, these markets are the worst going now and they’ve hooked loads on them.
Fair enough, point put across well.

Apart from recently when we were following C500 on YT which relied on Skybet's extra place races I tend to only use them for the boosted bets which if it comes in I withdraw the money immediately. Over the years I've built up a healthy amount in the profit/loss bit in my favour.

Re Messi last night, I remember similar with Neymar and I think it was Mason Mount taking free kicks from an angle and it went straight at the goalie. Tbh, they weren't shooting at goal but I'm convinced last night Messi was.

Fair enough, point put across well.

Apart from recently when we were following C500 on YT which relied on Skybet's extra place races I tend to only use them for the boosted bets which if it comes in I withdraw the money immediately. Over the years I've built up a healthy amount in the profit/loss bit in my favour.

Re Messi last night, I remember similar with Neymar and I think it was Mason Mount taking free kicks from an angle and it went straight at the goalie. Tbh, they weren't shooting at goal but I'm convinced last night Messi was.

Maybe the players in dispute should do a statement afterwards haha. Another thing is somebody will have been on under 1.5, you can bet the under at 365 (not sure if you can at skybet) so Opta and the Firms have to think on that side as well - it’s settled as 2 you’ll have the unders backers complaining.

Maybe the players in dispute should do a statement afterwards haha. Another thing is somebody will have been on under 1.5, you can bet the under at 365 (not sure if you can at skybet) so Opta and the Firms have to think on that side as well - it’s settled as 2 you’ll have the unders backers complaining.
Just had a look on 365, can't find any unders for the SOT in the bet builder bit, only over.

Just had a look on 365, can't find any unders for the SOT in the bet builder bit, only over.

It’s also a good barometer if a firm isn’t offering the “no” on a market that the price is poor value. Not on about the boost ones but SkyBet in general tend to not offer “No” on various markets.

You come across the odd arb between over and under on this market, expect some people use the boost for it as well.

I'm convinced it was his twin playing haha

He still got man of the match somehow though
Haha,

Along those lines I remember at the start of the season when Haaland was running amok at City someone stole this video and stuck it on his Twitter account claiming that this was his younger brother playing in the 2nd tier of Norwegian football under the headline of "ffs, there's another one".

:)

He fooled quite a few folk on Twitter.

Last edited:
Having a betting disaster on their World Cup so in frustration switched to British lower leagues and cups yesterday.

Six teams in a acca, 5 up then Dundee draw 2-2 at FT and win 6-2 after ET. Sums the last fortnight up for me. Then went Messi 2 SOT and they say only one.

I'm not a big gambler so I've been betting between £3-5 on the games that I'm.able to watch, but instead of my usual bet builder that is almost certain to lose, I've been doing bets closer to evens to see of I can play with the same money throughout the tournament.

So far I'm up with 7 bets up and 2 down. I lost last night with Argentina - I was between HT/FT or -1 and opted for the wrong one.

I am an utter jinx when it comes to top scorer. The last 4 tournaments wc/euros I've put on a top scorer bet and the player hasn't scored a single goal. This year I've jinxed Depay and Martinez of Argentina

I am an utter jinx when it comes to top scorer. The last 4 tournaments wc/euros I've put on a top scorer bet and the player hasn't scored a single goal. This year I've jinxed Depay and Martinez of Argentina
I done Mbappe @8/1 after Benzema got ruled out. Hopefully plays against Tunisia to beef up his numbers.

They must be getting swamped to the degree that they've had to put a message up on the help section

FikJorwXgAI00GK

Everyone on the 0-0 in Serbia v Cameroon tomorrow to try and get something out of the last 1pm kick off of the comp? Deffo affected the matches the heat.

for those pissed at the messi SoT, i have been onto sky a few times now and alas getting nowhere, same old trope sorry for inconvenience and frustration but they can't do anything until Opta change the stat, they did give me a complaints email though.

complaints@skybettingandgaming.com

Back