Would you pay your season ticket next year ?

Would you Renew next season if we”re in the same boat as this ?

• Yes

Votes: 837 75.6%
  • No

Votes: 102 9.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 168 15.2%

• Total voters

GazzaG

Official Ticketer
Fair point, but if other clubs do refunds on games, do you not think there will be supporters here demanding the same? There was enough on here looking for refunds for last season.
You can't just get a refund because you want one.
Last season was completely different, nobody signed up to that.

Barryhopez

Thats not my attitude. My attitude is that people knew what they were getting into. They have a choice
If they don't then who cares as there'll be "others in the queue". (Quote from you).

What you are saying is technically correct, but essentially that's a business not giving a shit about their customers as long as the money rolls in.

Last edited:

Gogso

I’d renew, yes.
Agree.
My cost of ST will effectively reduce as 19 x 150 mile round trip is about £365 + say £10 per match in other exes = £555. About my ST cost.
Still want to be in my seat and shouting at cheats, refs & cheering our goals.

Fortunately the Mrs. has no idea about what my football costs are! :)

Gibraltar Loyal

If they don't then who cares as there'll be "others in the queue". (Quote from you).

What you are saying is technically correct, but essentially that's a business not giving a shit about their customers as long as the money rolls in.
I never said who cares.
What would you like Rangers to do?
They were up front about what this season may be like. They havent taken money under false pretence. To say they are morally wrong is hysterical nonsense

aldoshmaldo

I think there would be a noticeable difference in the uptake if it was looking like we wouldn’t get into most games again.

The club really couldn’t justify charging fans the full price of a ST 2 seasons in a row knowing you’ll be watching the games on a 4 inch iPhone again.

Barryhopez

I never said who cares.
What would you like Rangers to do?
They were up front about what this season may be like. They havent taken money under false pretence. To say they are morally wrong is hysterical nonsense
Your post infers that and you know it. No idea why you now disagree of that, tbh.

I would like Rangers to at least freeze prices, which they may well do, and/or offer some form of extra incentive to renew.

Also, can you point me to the part of my post that states it's morally wrong? Thanks.

Gibraltar Loyal

Your post infers that, no idea why you now disagree of that, tbh.

I would like Rangers to at least freeze prices, which they may well do, and/or offer some form of extra incentive to renew.
My post doesnt infer "who cares" it means if someone feels its morally wrong to pay for a service that they knew they werent going to get in the first place then there will be others willing to purchase a ST knowing the true situation.
Now you are arguing about something that may or may not happen, price freeze.
The original point that was made was it was morally wrong for the club to take money from fans and not provide a service.
Tell me what the club have done wrong regards ST sales?

Geez it

Its harder for a family that go and say pay for 2+ tickets, if your not getting into the ground then paying for one gets you the same features, the only down side is getting 2+ seats together can be a challenge and people rightfully wont want to give up their seats beside family members or friends. I’ll be renewing 100%

wsb&warmy

Yes. My season ticket is for life and this is just a bump in the road - albeit an annoying and expensive one.

Also, season ticket money is the single most important source of income to our football club. Without it we'd be goosed.

Obviously everyone's circumstances (financial etc) are different and I appreciate some folk might just see a season ticket as a luxury they can't afford, if not getting the proper use out of it in terms of having a young family or whatever, that the money could be 'better' spent if their financial situation was tight.

Barryhopez

My post doesnt infer "who cares" it means if someone feels its morally wrong to pay for a service that they knew they werent going to get in the first place then there will be others willing to purchase a ST knowing the true situation.
Now you are arguing about something that may or may not happen, price freeze.
The original point that was made was it was morally wrong for the club to take money from fans and not provide a service.
Tell me what the club have done wrong regards ST sales?
IMO

Launching a loyalty scheme at renewal time to get extra money during the pandemic.

Making it more difficult for anyone who wanted a refund from the previous season.

The cringe loyalty email and message from the manager.

As a season ticket holder you are getting a reduced service by not being able to physically attend home matches. Reduced/altered service usually means something given back from a company.

Now you could say that I am straying into morals as opposed to business, fair enough. But it's a shite way to get treated, backed up by fans, whilst getting loyalty speeches.

Last edited:

Gibraltar Loyal

IMO

Launching a loyalty scheme at renewal time to get extra money during the pandemic.

Making it more difficult for anyone who wanted a refund from the previous season.

The cringe loyalty email and message from the manager.

As a season ticket holder you are getting a reduced service by not being able to physically attend home matches. Reduced/altered service usually means something given back from a company.
Again down to choice.
I renewed my ST knowing it was unlikely to attend a game anytime soon or if at all.
Did I join Mygers? No as it was an extra expense that i couldnt afford at the time for myself and daughter. Tbf Mygers was planned well before pandemic and if it easnt launched no doubt club would have been criticised for not having a membership scheme and missing a trick on an income stream.
Did i apply for refund? No as didnt see the point.
All my choice.

Barryhopez

Again down to choice.
I renewed my ST knowing it was unlikely to attend a game anytime soon or if at all.
Did I join Mygers? No as it was an extra expense that i couldnt afford at the time for myself and daughter. Tbf Mygers was planned well before pandemic and if it easnt launched no doubt club would have been criticised for not having a membership scheme and missing a trick on an income stream.
Did i apply for refund? No as didnt see the point.
All my choice.
I gave examples of what I felt the club done wrong or even manipulated out of the renewal times. Of course it's all about choices, but there's more of an emotional attachment to these choices unless you make your peace that it's purely business and ignore the bullshit.

The_Bear

Official Ticketer
I would be 50/50.

Simply because of my personal situation, currently out of work so no source of income. If I could guarantee employment and income I 100% would renew.

A1bertz

I'm resigned to not going back this year at all.
I'd be surprised if we open next season and unfurl the flag with us all in attendance.

All these years waiting to get back to the top and win titles and we will be sat in the house watching. A wee tinge of sadness there. I want my boy in Ibrox beside me when we reclaim our throne.

Yes, I'll renew but I might put in for a virtual seat change to save a few Bob. It's the one think I'm not comfortable with. Paying different prices for different seats when in reality we ain't in them. Id like to have seen a standard price access the board given we ain't actually there. If we did get back, then fair enough, premium location prices follow.

Blue Willie

The senior players and Manager and assistant would have to take a wage cut can't be down to the Fans again. Our players are well paid (Millionaires) and only wanted deferred wages in a pandemic for 3 months especially after the collapse of the league title bid after the winter break again.

Tpol_rfc

Official Ticketer
Absolutely yes. Think the question more to the point would be what will the Mrs think of a second 600 odd quid for not a lot.:rolleyes:

andrewmont1

Yes 100% and I think the vast majority will do the same. My concern is, who will be around to play against? Most clubs in Scotland must already be in dire straits. No visits from the OF is of course hugely damaging to these clubs, less season tickets as well I imagine, no general ticket sales so far. And there is no point in the staunch feck them attitude. We need to be playing in meaningful competitions against decent opposition. Slightly off track for this thread of course, so apologies for that.

joseph

Official Ticketer
I’m undecided as another year paying out just shy of £1500 is a big ask especially if no fans can attend- will make an informed decision nearer renewal time on wether it is financially prudent or viable to renew
There come a time when loyalty can no longer be a substitute for unlimited financial outlay with no guarantees of being able to attend.
if this was not the Rangers that this season’s money was going to I doubt many would not have made such a financial decision to pay with nothing in return

Aww Skew

I’d renew but I think they’d be ripping the piss if they increased the price, which was the plan for this season

Technically keeping the same price for 20/21 was an increase due to the lost matches from 19/20 but if they fire a 5-10% increase onto 21/22 I think there’ll be thousands that don’t renew

andrewmont1

If there is zero likelihood of attending ANY game next season as well I would renew but would appreciate if the club deducted the usual running costs for a capacity Ibrox match off the everyone's ticket pro rata. It won't be costing a fraction of what it normally does to run a match at Ibrox in the current state of affairs.
A great point. For this season I personally think its unlikely we will see many games where the stadium is open and even if it is open it will be reduced capacity. However, I would counter your argument about next season. Lets say in May it looks like reduced crowds again but by November the ground is fully open How does the club then cover those costs? Between the lack of normal costs and the new kit deal, the club must be in fine fettle right now.

Ubik

The senior players and Manager and assistant would have to take a wage cut can't be down to the Fans again. Our players are well paid (Millionaires) and only wanted deferred wages in a pandemic for 3 months especially after the collapse of the league title bid after the winter break again.
i still think this was very poor from all involved.

Bulletproof

I take it with the virtual season ticket that you don't pay the £9.99 to watch our home matches? I'm actually enjoying watching the matches on RTV rather than giving my hard earned to Premier Sports or the likes.

RabSpackman

I no longer have a season ticket so it’s a mute point for me, and easy to say I would.

Difficult situation for many though - the season ticket is a lot of money and many have to sacrifice other things for it. To spend that money and not get any value or football out of it will be difficult or even impossible to justify.

Yes there is an importance of money coming into the club but real people living real lives can’t just write off hundreds of pounds because it’s Rangers.

strider

I now see my season ticket as an investment in the club rather than it being something that gives me any entitlement.

Not saying that's how it should be, it's just where I'm at. I buy for me and my boy, and given other things I spend money on over a year, it's more than justified given the amount of time we spend talking, thinking, dreaming and watching Rangers.

Hopefully I'll be able to afford to keep doing that. I totally understand the position of anyone who is not going to buy a season ticket in current circumstances though.

Discodale

Yes, financial circumstances permitting.

I’ve started saving the money I’m not spending on travel, food, beer etc on matchdays at the moment away in to a separate account, to put it towards next season’s ticket.

change consent