** Partick v Rangers - Match Thread - BT Sports **

2 draws and a loss in the league so far. I think we can say we won’t be challenging for the title. Need to beat them, but can’t see us doing it, full backs can’t defend, wide attacking players who are hot one week terrible the next and a striker who can score but nobody creates for him.

The refs are garbage IMO. Every weekend it's dangerous tackles with no red cards. Morelos probably targeted tonight - if that happened to CFC they would be showing the challenges on STV news probably

Naw the difference is,teams don't make they tackles against the tims like they do against us!!!!!

So £4million worth of Mexicans off the bench get you the grand total of nothing.
Can anyone tell me what either offered?

Pena still looking off the pace when he doesnt have the ball. Half hearted tackles and closing down and Herrera just seemed to get in everyones way. Pedro needs to get back to the drawing board on this one. I'd keep playing Pena on Tuesday from the start to get him more game time but would play Hardie up front with Morelos.

Some people need to pull their heads out their arses and stop trying to blame referees for every poor result. The actual fact is we can't defend STILL, we don't create enough good opportunities STILL, our 2 biggest transfer fees in quite some time aren't good enough or fit enough to start STILL.

The manager will not be sacked. We can forget that idea, the overall results and performances aren't good enough for a team who have spent so much money. However there has again been a massive overhaul of the squad and like it or not I firmly believe any new manager should get at least 2 transfer windows to get it right. I stick by that even though I said at the time and still feel that Pedro (nice guy that he is) isn't good enough to be our manager.
Realistically we have decent players, not good players. We will have ups and downs all season because we don't have the required quality to go consistently and win matches

League winners keep clean sheets. You don't keep clean sheets if you have full backs who can't defend and centre backs who make terrible decisions.
8 goals conceded in 6 games and we haven't played either of the top 2 from last season yet.

That's why we won't be near title 55 this season, no matter how many goals Morelos scores.

That team will never win the league , or even compete. Unfortunately .
Off course they won't anyone who thinks they can are off there trolley, we have a squad filled with players who are past it, who's best days are behind them, who aren't match fit, who haven't got a football brain, who can't defend, who switch off for long periods and a manager who is yet to convince in all areas, his style of play, his substitutions. So how the hell can we win the league!.

Here we go again.. Pedro out etc etc tonight was extremely disappointing but there would be absolutely no point in changing the manager, whether we like it or not we are not good enough to win this league...yet. Pedro HAS improved us and I have no doubt we will continue to get better. Problem is with our support we are only ever one draw away from a crisis

Pedro has not improved us in my opinion

Why the abuse for Ally? It clearly wasn't a stamp. He could have been sent off for the tackle. Can he not give his honest opinion ffs?

There are some absolute manchildren on here who can't see his name without reacting like petulant teenagers. I think some resent him for being alive.

We should probably start discussing it. I haven't said a bad word about him so far, it's still early in the season and I do think we look improved in some aspects but if we don't win next week then we've dropped points in more than half our games this season.

That's disastrous.

He should have been sacked in the dressing room in Luxembourg.

A lovely guy but should never have been here.

He's not good enough when it's a scrap. But so is the majority of the team. To be honest the league is over already. No improvement from last year in reality. The manager should be hunted imo.
Never liked him,his final ball is useless and hasn't a clue at the end result

Some people need to pull their heads out their arses and stop trying to blame referees for every poor result. The actual fact is we can't defend STILL, we don't create enough good opportunities STILL, our 2 biggest transfer fees in quite some time aren't good enough or fit enough to start STILL.

The manager will not be sacked. We can forget that idea, the overall results and performances aren't good enough for a team who have spent so much money. However there has again been a massive overhaul of the squad and like it or not I firmly believe any new manager should get at least 2 transfer windows to get it right. I stick by that even though I said at the time and still feel that Pedro (nice guy that he is) isn't good enough to be our manager.
Realistically we have decent players, not good players. We will have ups and downs all season because we don't have the required quality to go consistently and win matches
And the referees have STILL been shocking.

I said we were weak in the full back positions and in the attacking wide positions.
Windass isn’t good enough and Tavernier cost us the point with his inability to defend.
Never mind Alves a mile out of position, Cardoso not even attempting to go for it, John a mile out as well & Foderingham going for a ball he could never get?
Just Tav yeah....

Can't believe the way the commentators talk that up like it was a quality game and all that's good about Scottish football.

A great advert apparently.

Pena still looking off the pace when he doesnt have the ball. Half hearted tackles and closing down and Herrera just seemed to get in everyones way. Pedro needs to get back to the drawing board on this one. I'd keep playing Pena on Tuesday from the start to get him more game time but would play Hardie up front with Morelos.
Morelos needs someone to run the channels up beside him. The lad is isolated at times. Not enough service. Would love to see a proper foil for him as miller ain't it.

What's Pedro going to do on Tuesday, go with the starting 11 that could not hold on to a 1 goal lead or start some bench warmers ? Miller and Windass were useless tonight, the subs were none too bright either. Hope Wallace is OK .

We shoud've won that game at a canter,thistle hustled and bustled and we didn't match it, you've got to win the war then win the football game. Poor result tonight.

"We can't blame the ref" seems to be our motto this season. We've been on the end of a lot of very bad decisions so far this season.

But it's just another excuse for Pedro. Last season it wasn't his players + he was 'experimenting', Progres was too early... and so on. Without Morelos, Pedro would be under even more pressure - and he was a JJ signing.

It's desperate stuff.

Never mind Alves a mile out of position, Cardoso not even attempting to go for it, John a mile out as well & Foderingham going for a ball he could never get?
Just Tav yeah....

Predictable as usual.

Tav is quickly becoming the biggest scapegoat on here, whether he's actually at fault or not.

And the referees have STILL been shocking.
What did Collum do tonight to cost us 2 points? The goals came from a blatant foul and then piss defending.
The only questionable decisions are not sending off the guy for the challenge on Jack and then the free kick when the partick players were lying on the ball.

Lost one and drawn two, losses probably two after next week.
That is a worse start than last season.
Last season Warbo drew against Hamilton first game. Probably threw the season out the window in one game including his first old firm. No way this start is worse. Only thing worse IMO is the higher amount of bad tackles into Rangers with no red cards.

Pedro knows refs are losing him his job.
The only way to change that is VAR, but then again we are at the mercy of who is watching the video. The real problem is how Scottish football accepts illegality as 'physical play' A stamp is a red card and nothing to do with 'getting stuck in' or 'playing a mans game'

I know VAR was a bit farcical at the Confederations Cup but it's been introduced in the MLS recently and every call that's been made with this technology has been bang on

Back