** Partick v Rangers - Match Thread - BT Sports **

At the 2nd goal his lack of awareness played the Thistle player on, he was at fault. He really is dreadful defensively, of that there is no doubt. The vermin will tear us a new hole down our right hand side next week because he is a weak link. He does have some good moments going forward but that's it. I don't dislike the guy but he'll never be good enough.
He seems a better player when we start chasing a game.

Yep and Lennon made a gesture to the Rangers fans and nothing happened. If it does then Rangers should come out and state we are being treated differently from other clubs.

They won't though will they. Sick of us getting stuffed and doing nothing.

Two VERY bad goals to lose,

1. Stupid give away in mid-field, never let the ball bounce, and the wall was a disaster

2. Again stupid give away, then nobody went with the runner, and we were very short at the back post.

I still think we have the makings of a team here, but then I only see the games through blue tinted glasses.

At least someone on here does.

Windass made a wannking gesture to a fan who wouldn't throw the ball back, saw it at the time, was hoping nobody else spotted it but no doubt a lurker phoned in to highlight it. Silly, silly boy. Morelos also highlighted by the panel for waving a leg at a defender off the ball (twice) that was all over him. Unlike brown, no contact was even made, but he plays for us so I'm not hopeful. Likelihood will be that windass and morelos will be referred to the compliance officer, fastracked through and banned for next week. Meanwhile, the thug that did jack will completely get away with it and no doubt be available for tuesday.

Extremely disappointed.

Serious pressure on us next Saturday for the scum game. Scunnered

Exactly how I feel. Just when you think we are building something approaching a proper Rangers, we blow it. That second half was horrible to watch.

Regarding Miller- there's something clearly not right with him and pedro. To deny it would be churlish and it now seems to be affecting the team. No man is bigger than the club.

if you do not learn from your mistakes. you will repeat them. so if Pedro and the team do not learn quick the hole lot of them mite be gone.

At the 2nd goal his lack of awareness played the Thistle player on, he was at fault. He really is dreadful defensively, of that there is no doubt. The vermin will tear us a new hole down our right hand side next week because he is a weak link. He does have some good moments going forward but that's it. I don't dislike the guy but he'll never be good enough.

Sinclair didn't get a sniff against him last time.

I see the mentally challengeds are back on here again, get them to fook, this is a Rangers forum no time for those dickheads

I agree but I think there could be something there... I just think this team need time to gel.
Motherwell brought in 13 players in the summer and hasn't affected them, Stop with this "gelling" nonsense because that's what it is, The problem is the quality of player and we quite clearly don't have the quality required, Instead we go and spunk around £6m on two players who lets be honest,so far are brutal.

Pena has been here for months and still can't get a start and when he comes on he looks like he's running through treacle,Let that sink in, He's our most expensive signing and can't even get a start months after arriving.

When going forward we don't release the ball quick enough,we give the ball away extremely cheaply at times and we don't look direct or fluid enough when attacking, We look a very ordinary team with a slight improvement from last season and the football isn't anything to get you off your seat with excitement.

We played a team tonight who backed off the unwashed and never played with the same intensity as they did against us, They went down to 10 men with 25mins to go and we still couldn't put them to bed, We also aren't a big physical team so really don't see the point of banging in high balls into the box when your opponents are much taller and more physical.

Instead of signing Herrera we should have signed Moult for £500k and saved a million and no doubt got a better player with more of a goal threat.

The BBC also have the possession as 50-50 which is a load of shite.

We've spent 7m bringing in 8 players and have zero creativity or real pace in the side.

You see this side creating chances away against the better sides in the league?

Creativity is meant to come from Windass, & Candeias and less so Miller, all of whom were shite tonight. I look toward them shiting it on a physical night rather than the manager.

Windass made a wannking gesture to a fan who wouldn't throw the ball back, saw it at the time, was hoping nobody else spotted it but no doubt a lurker phoned in to highlight it. Silly, silly boy. Morelos also highlighted by the panel for waving a leg at a defender off the ball (twice) that was all over him. Unlike brown, no contact was even made, but he plays for us so I'm not hopeful. Likelihood will be that windass and morelos will be referred to the compliance officer, fastracked through and banned for next week. Meanwhile, the thug that did jack will completely get away with it and no doubt be available for tuesday.

The edited video I've seen online makes it lol like he was making the wanker sign and inviting him out onto the pitch for a go

He was gifted Ajax ffs.
He has never had to cobble a team together himself from pennies.
And how has he performed since Ajax?

Just how naive are you?
Still better than Pedro, Pep guardiola has never cobbled a team from pennies either and was gifted Barcelona so he must be shite too

The sad fact is we just aren't good enough.
Any team that gives the ball away as cheaply as we do consistently, can't defend against wide players, and can't defend cross balls will never win games on a regular basis.
It's such a shame, I really like Pedro as a man, but as a manager he is coming up short too often.

Just in.

We are nothing but a feckin disgrace .

They will destroy us next week and I just don't know where we go from there.

Top six will be an achievement and I said this 6 months ago.

League winners keep clean sheets. You don't keep clean sheets if you have full backs who can't defend and centre backs who make terrible decisions.
8 goals conceded in 6 games and we haven't played either of the top 2 from last season yet.

That's why we won't be near title 55 this season, no matter how many goals Morelos scores.

This is a fair point. The goals we lose are consistently poor and tonight was no exception. Watching DJ tonight I was appreciating Wallace's defending. He'll be missed next weekend.
We switch off for 20 mins every game.

Still better than Pedro, Pep guardiola has never cobbled a team from pennies either and was gifted Barcelona so he must be shite too

He actually may be better than Pedro. But, and here's my point, pay attention, he hasn't proved it.

As for your Pep reference, stop talking shite.

He actually may be better than Pedro. But, and here's my point, pay attention, he hasn't proved it.

As for your Pep reference, stop talking shite.
I will when you will, I'd also like to know when Pedro proved himself? Was it when he lost 5-1 to them at Ibrox? When he got us fucked out of Europe to a bunch of farmers? When he lost our 20+ year unbeaten record to the sheep.

Two steps forwards one step back, this team lacks the real backbone to come away with three points from games like this on a regular basis. If we had managed a win tonight we would have gone into overdrive about how we would be pumping the Tims next week. Maybe tonight was a blessing in disguise.

Seeing Windass totally waste buildup play three times in the second half by launching the ball into the stands from extreme range was also beyond frustrating.

The only way to change that is VAR, but then again we are at the mercy of who is watching the video. The real problem is how Scottish football accepts illegality as 'physical play' A stamp is a red card and nothing to do with 'getting stuck in' or 'playing a mans game'

I know VAR was a bit farcical at the Confederations Cup but it's been introduced in the MLS recently and every call that's been made with this technology has been bang on

We would certainly benefit from VAR unless the lady's front bottom in the video booth is a cowardly bastard former scottish ref, which it will be.

So if Windass makes a gesture and they say it's to rude to show..Why even bring it up when nobody watching was aware of it, Is it just a heads up for the compliance officer incase he's watching and if you need the video just give us a call.

I hate that wee skinny bastard,BT's version of Golum.

No way the cock appliance officer can do Windass after ignoring Lennon.

Now is the time to see what this team and the staff are made of. The players have been together for a couple of months now and we need to be improving on our weaknesses. Being on top without making it count in the first half invites the pressure we are succumbing to early in the second half and that's killing us.

We need to see more desire to stop balls into the box, track runners and making sure our passes count and reach a blue jersey. We need to be ruthless when we go forward and kill teams and games off early and learn to control them.

We are in a volatile place right now with the swinging opinion amongst the support from game to game right now, and we need a good run just to settle things down a bit. Going through the rest of the month unbeaten would certainly be a step in the right direction, but is a big ask.

wanker gesture which of course he was but still no need to react. He is mince.
Don't think anything will happen, Lennon being let off for an offensive gesture even with video evidence for all to see would make it very difficult for them to do Windass.. If they try it then the club should come out all guns blazing and would have a good case against them.

Windass frustrates the life out of me, Just when you think he's turned a corner and becoming a really good player he goes and turns in yet another well below par performance.

If he couldn't get a tune out of that Inter squad with his first signing costing €45 mil, if he couldn't even buy a goal in four games after spending £40 mil this summer at Palace, what exactly makes you so confident he'd be able to do anything with our current squad and budget?

If he couldn't get a tune out of that Inter squad with his first signing costing €45 mil, if he couldn't even buy a goal in four games after spending £40 mil this summer at Palace, what exactly makes you so confident he'd be able to do anything with our current squad and budget?
He's not even who I'd go for, my point is just that he is better than Pedro.

We may find in due course that 'managers better than Pedro' is a very lengthy list.

I'm sceptical as to whether de Boer could legitimately be included on it.
There are a lot of managers we could get right now till the end of the season that are better than him, the problem is our board is weak and afraid to admit their %^*& ups so they will not sack him. He'll be here till he resigns sadly.

Back