** Partick v Rangers - Match Thread - BT Sports **

Still think the problem is we are playing cup finals every game. We've lost our winning mentality and teams aren't scared of us. It could take years to get it back.
That's true to an extent.

But we dominated thistle at the start, then faded away. It's happened in almost every game so far this season.

Fact is Pedro hasn't won 3 games in a row as Rangers manager - nobody deserves the role with that record. For me the old firm game is now make or break for him and our season.

Those saying we won't get near Aberdeen. Do you honestly think they won't drop points?

Also, what other team in the league has had to deal with a piss poor ref in EVERY game so far? EVERY game we've played a man should've been sent off, but wasn't.

It cost us the first 55 minutes not having our strongest team on the park. Thats criminal.

You really think the last 1/2 hour against a 10 man Thistle team was an improvement?

You really think Herrera is currently a starter?

Miller might not be playing well but to pin tonight on him is just creating a narrative to suit your own agenda.

20 mins of nothing but crosses and only a few half decent ones at that.

Defensive lapses.

No creativity or imagination in the midfield.

That's not Millers fault.

Never mind Alves a mile out of position, Cardoso not even attempting to go for it, John a mile out as well & Foderingham going for a ball he could never get?
Just Tav yeah....

He played them onside for the second and then let the man slip past outside of him.
He did this last year repeatedly. The centre halfs messed up and gave a free kick away which they scored due to a deflection.
Tavernier thought put us under pressure and we couldn’t get back to win it.

The league is over ,there is NO chanve we can ever challenge the filth this season that's a fact ,it's 2nd place for us ,and if we get that we have to see it as progress ,still very undecided with Pedro .

Alves shouldn't have turned his back in the wall, then Alves shouldn't have stepped up and then walked back ball watching for the second goal. Guys clearly class, however couple of mistakes that have sadly cost us.

In his defence though, Cardoso should never have gone for the header for the first and he wasn't the only to blame for the second.

But we dominated thistle at the start, then faded away. It's happened in almost every game so far this season.

Fact is Pedro hasn't won 3 games in a row as Rangers manager - nobody deserves the role with that record. For me the old firm game is now make or break for him and our season.
I agree but I think there could be something there... I just think this team need time to gel.

Those saying we won't get near Aberdeen. Do you honestly think they won't drop points?

Also, what other team in the league has had to deal with a piss poor ref in EVERY game so far? EVERY game we've played a man should've been sent off, but wasn't.
Aberdeen beat the rest of the league week in week out, they have done for the past 2/3 year. We cant even string 3 wins together these days

In the real world the only way we beat them is a fluke result on the day if they play to their potential and we do too they win very sad but true.

So if Windass makes a gesture and they say it's to rude to show..Why even bring it up when nobody watching was aware of it, Is it just a heads up for the compliance officer incase he's watching and if you need the video just give us a call.

I hate that wee skinny bastard,BT's version of Golum.

Pena still looking off the pace when he doesnt have the ball. Half hearted tackles and closing down and Herrera just seemed to get in everyones way. Pedro needs to get back to the drawing board on this one. I'd keep playing Pena on Tuesday from the start to get him more game time but would play Hardie up front with Morelos.

Pena should be nowhere near the team.

I've seen better down the public park

Alves shouldn't have turned his back in the wall, then Alves shouldn't have stepped up and then walked back ball watching for the second goal. Guys clearly class, however couple of mistakes that have sadly cost us.

In his defence though, Cardoso should never have gone for the header for the first and he wasn't the only to blame for the second.

No better than a Danny Wilson in my view and Wilson wouldn't have conceded that free kick.

The whole Windass making a gesture thing is a silly mistake but if he gets cited for it then ffs! We really need to be asking questions about why Lennon received no punishment after the Hibs game.

I am not calling for pedro to be sacked. but it is good results at keep you in a job not bad results. and I like everybody else know the refs are shit. but now long can we keep dropping points and blame the ref.

So if Windass makes a gesture and they say it's to rude to show..Why even bring it up when nobody watching was aware of it, Is it just a heads up for the compliance officer incase he's watching and if you need the video just give us a call.

I hate that wee skinny bastard,BT's version of Golum.

It was clear to see on TV when it happened mate.

I was just surprised it took so long for anyone on BT Sport to mention it.

Tonight was sloppy and unprofessional. Thistle should never be allowed back into the game after we led the game. Our defending is really quite appalling.

Yep, threw away 2 points with anotther sloppy start to a second half. But as Pedro says, the level of violence we are seeing allowed against us is appalling.

A total waste of a jersey.

I wanted him to be good, you wanted him to be good, we all wanted him to be good.

But, it looks like we have been sold a pup.

Any player coming to us is a gamble but bringing over a guy who has only ever played in Mexico makes it an even bigger risk than normal. My own opinion is that we are just not strong enough to carry any player and there were at least three out there tonight who were in that category. Pena probably is a decent player but unfortunately he will not get the chance to have several run outs on the team before he starts to show it. We go in against them again in a few days time. I would play Rossiter in that game and I would also give young Barjonas a start as well.

Not a good night but massive over reaction on here again, every player has their own thread writing them off

If Windass gets pulled up for that gesture then the game really is a bogey as The Lurgan Bigots was worse.

Saying he made a gesture to Partick fans and they wouldnt show it but there may be further action.

Yep and Lennon made a gesture to the Rangers fans and nothing happened. If it does then Rangers should come out and state we are being treated differently from other clubs.

Predictable as usual.

Tav is quickly becoming the biggest scapegoat on here, whether he's actually at fault or not.
At the 2nd goal his lack of awareness played the Thistle player on, he was at fault. He really is dreadful defensively, of that there is no doubt. The vermin will tear us a new hole down our right hand side next week because he is a weak link. He does have some good moments going forward but that's it. I don't dislike the guy but he'll never be good enough.

We've spent 7m bringing in 8 players and have zero creativity or real pace in the side.

You see this side creating chances away against the better sides in the league?
Spot on mate, as i said slready nothing in that team excites you.

Poor result. Decent effort from most.

Don't play Miller again. Pish performance and by far out worst player. He gets a start in the next game it's because Pedro HAS to play him. Which is a disgrace.

Collum did ok. Should have sent Edwards off. Thistle should be down to 9 men. Also, free-kick to Thistle for lying on the ball. What.

Some positive stuff in the game. Morelos getting another. Dorrans with a belter.

Don't fucking play Miller again. He is rapidly getting to the stage he will need to be described at shite. Offered nothing and got in the way as usual of late.

Herrera has to start games. He will do some damage in this league.

Never going too get close to the mhanks with the full backs we have, four me they are our biggest weakness, none of them can defend.
I hate today it but we're going to need a serious bit of luck to get anything out the game. Their strength is out wide and that's where we are weakest.

Back