MOTM Poll Hibernian v Rangers - 19:45 Wednesday - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Porteous caused them 1 or 3 points at Ibrox and again tonight. I actually think he could be a player if he was coached better.

FFjAw5MXIAIIcb_

I would have thought with the Semi result the hobos might sold more tickets.

Everyone calling for pace.... When we have the ball they drop to a deep back six
That's exactly what you need - players that can play quick passes and make runs to match them, to cut through their 'deep back six'. The alternatives - long balls aimed at Morelos, play wide and cross - again, easy for their defenders in the box, or hit shots from central positions which are going to be blocked.

Oddly enough it was the pace of Arfield breaking and Kent cutting inside which won the penalty.

Anyone see that piece of sh*te Porteous screaming "MISS IT!" at Roofe as he runs up to the pen.

It's in the replay from the reverse angle.

That big streak of sh*te giving away the penalty and looking like a right walloper has made my night HA HA HA!

Are you happy? B-D
Lets get a tee shirt out! "Thanks Porteous, you made us happy"

For people saying we were shite, that's not strictly true. We weren't great but we never looked like losing the game. If we had scored from the Goldson and Morelos headers it would've been a comfortable win. Too many slack passes which we'll need to improve on but we still deserved the win. And btw, it WAS a penalty.

Absolutely massive massive 3 points off the back of 1 of our worst performances of the season, I'll take that the rest of the season thank you very much

Great result tonight. Great start for Gio. Three tough matches, and three wins. And to be honest I think in these three games there's been an uplift in our overall form. I'm excited about what's to come for our team.

Didn't see enough of the game to be fully informed but every bit I did see Kent was looking good and won the penalty.

Very happy with that, no matter the performance there’s always something nice about a 1-0 away from home.

Building some nice momentum, no understatement to say the next 6 games could be defining.

Porteous spent the entire game diving about like a clown then hands us the winner on a plate, greeting that it wasn't a penalty, delicious tears indeed. :))
I can't stand the wee crybaby! He just makes me want to throw things at the screen everytime I see his smug face. Delightful that his despicable antics gave us a nice win!

Look at the state of McGinn screaming in refs face
Haha. Great reactions from the Hibs players. Look at the bizarre chicken leg type of dance Porteous does. He knew he f*cked up in a big way, and this clashing with his obnoxious internal denial manifested in a hilarious jig. What a fud.

Anyone see that piece of sh*te Porteous screaming "MISS IT!" at Roofe as he runs up to the pen.

It's in the replay from the reverse angle.

That big streak of sh*te giving away the penalty and looking like a right walloper has made my night HA HA HA!

Are you happy? B-D
Should have been booked for simulation in the first half, should have been booked for the penalty and should have been booked for what we used to call speech play (covered in law 12 unsporting behaviour, verbally distracts an opponent during play or at a restart).

went with arfield MOTM even though he didn't get long but certainly made a big difference and plaudits to the boss too for making the changes.we were dead in the water before him and roofe came on. second to everything and no invention in the final 3rd
our passing is shocking to put it mildly ,borna ,aribo and kamara were decent and bassey again but we really need to cut out the crap. too many loose balls and short passes .
goldson almost cost us again and at least 3 or 4 straight give away passes in the 2nd half too.
wheres my blood pressure meds

went with arfield MOTM even though he didn't get long but certainly made a big difference and plaudits to the boss too for making the changes.we were dead in the water before him and roofe came on. second to everything and no invention in the final 3rd
our passing is shocking to put it mildly ,borna ,aribo and kamara were decent and bassey again but we really need to cut out the crap. too many loose balls and short passes .
goldson almost cost us again and at least 3 or 4 straight give away passes in the 2nd half too.
wheres my blood pressure meds
Goldson also prevented a certain Hibs goal with a clearance. It wasn't all bad from him.
Tonight was a tough game. We did make mistakes, but we won, and we worked for it.

Not our best but a brilliant result.

Listened to their player and manager on Sky after saying that they didn't deserve to lose, but all the stats are in our favour. We were the only team who actually looked like scoring, although maybe not often enough for our liking. :D

Defensively, we made mistakes again and Connor Goldson went from Virgil Van Dijk to Dick Van Dyke at times, but we did well to snuff out their attack. Lessons learned from the semi final.

Going forward it didn't really click for us but we kept going and credit to the manager, the changes he made seemed to work and we get a win in a game that I thought we edged.

I remember last season the fhilth played Killie away and they got a horrendously soft penalty where there was contact but it wasnt enough to put the player down.

Walker screaming in commentary "there's contact, he's entitled to go down. Definitely a penalty"...blah blah blah.

Tonight, contact on Kent enough to take both his heels away...Walkers stance has changed, now it's a soft penalty, there's the softest touch

Funny that eh?

Is he happy? B-D

I remember last season the fhilth played Killie away and they got a horrendously soft penalty where there was contact but it wasnt enough to put the player down.

Walker screaming in commentary "there's contact, he's entitled to go down. Definitely a penalty"...blah blah blah.

Tonight, contact on Kent enough to take both his heels away...Walkers stance has changed, now it's a soft penalty, there's the softest touch

Funny that eh?

Is he happy? B-D
But he said it was a penalty though?

Just in the door. Thought we were worthy winners but few saying we were poor, will need to watch it again. Certainly not at our best i agree but over the piece think we deserved it.

Just in the door. Thought we were worthy winners but few saying we were poor, will need to watch it again. Certainly not at our best i agree but over the piece think we deserved it.
If any team deserved to win it was us. They had one really good chance which was the ball acroos the face that goldson got a touch on. We had many chances. Nowhere enar our best but ill take it after hampden and considering it easter road

Back