Archive The Winter 2021/22 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don’t think we need anyone this windows then to improve the first team? surely an upgrade on Arfield or a future replacement for Davis as he’s clearly struggling with the workload and it’s fair enough at his age. Arfield Davis and Jack aren’t going to available every week.
Now is not the time to replace players? They don’t need replaced right now! And we won’t get upgrades in January either!

As it stands IMO this thread is about us signing players and IMO we need one player and that’s someone to play on the right hand side of our attack

Can’t help but think if that was happening, it would have already
Think the talk from Dutch media is that Doekhi is focused on continuing with Vitesse until the end of the season and was flattered by our interest same goes for Atalanta.

There will be more clubs after him that's why if we are definitely interested and want him for next season we will have to make our move soon we have tracked him since last May and he is a player we have looked at for some time.

You don’t think we need a first team signing this window then? Performed against hibs was poor as was the performance against Dundee United reserves. We lost control of the Livingston game an hearts game after we scored which people excuse but it all adds up to complacency imo. Squad needs freshening up

You don’t think we need anyone this windows then to improve the first team? surely an upgrade on Arfield or a future replacement for Davis as he’s clearly struggling with the workload and it’s fair enough at his age. Arfield Davis and Jack aren’t going to available every week.
We need a right winger, that's the obvious position requiring strengthened for me. An additional attacking or genuine box to box midfielder would be nice as, like the RW, it would give adequate cover for Arfield, Aribo and Hagi when we only play with one sitting midfielder (we are so much more fluid when we set up that way imo) but can't see it being a priority right now due to numbers. Honestly don't see the urgent need for a backup RB this window either.

On your other point, I don't see it as complacency within the squad tbh, I think it's more a tactical instruction from Gio. Take the lead then keep the zero sort of thing. Clearly it's working so I'm not complaining too much, but personally I don't like it and feel we should kill games off first then sit in if we want to protect a clean sheet. A different player or freshening up a few places isn't going to change the philosophy within the team or its instructions though. We currently have Arfield, Davis, Jack, Kamara, Lundstrum, Aribo, Hagi, Lowry, Ofoborh, Sands and Bacuna fighting over 3 positions. 4 currently aren't available and we still have 6 for 3 slots. Midfield can wait until summer.

We need a right winger, that's the obvious position requiring strengthened for me. An additional attacking or genuine box to box midfielder would be nice as, like the RW, it would give adequate cover for Arfield, Aribo and Hagi when we only play with one sitting midfielder (we are so much more fluid when we set up that way imo) but can't see it being a priority right now due to numbers. Honestly don't see the urgent need for a backup RB this window either.

On your other point, I don't see it as complacency within the squad tbh, I think it's more a tactical instruction from Gio. Take the lead then keep the zero sort of thing. Clearly it's working so I'm not complaining too much, but personally I don't like it and feel we should kill games off first then sit in if we want to protect a clean sheet. A different player or freshening up a few places isn't going to change the philosophy within the team or its instructions though. We currently have Arfield, Davis, Jack, Kamara, Lundstrum, Aribo, Hagi, Lowry, Ofoborh, Sands and Bacuna fighting over 3 positions. 4 currently aren't available and we still have 6 for 3 slots. Midfield can wait until summer.
I think I have new hate phrase! Keep the zero…..

I agree at 2-0 not 1-0, I also think to keep the zero having Sakala and Kent on either wing is vital however I proper right winger would be lovely

You'd think so.

I was always happy at signing Siegrist but that's because I assumed J.Mc was wanting first team football and moving on.

I'm against Siegrist as a McGregor replacement. I'd expect us to push the boat out for a McGregor replacement. There's a lot of good goalkeepers out there.

JM must fancy a shot at the No1 position??

Good on him

I think I have new hate phrase! Keep the zero…..

I agree at 2-0 not 1-0, I also think to keep the zero having Sakala and Kent on either wing is vital however I proper right winger would be lovely
Totally agree . I think Gio, for whatever reason, currently sees Sakala as back up to Kent on the left though, which is why I'm still pretty confident we will see a RW by the end of the window.

Yeah you'd expect that from any goalkeeper on your books even the number 3 and 4's (McCrorie and Firth) - you want them to be challenging for number 1 spot or at least having that ambition.

Jon McL is that awkward position where he's far too good to be a number 2 but just not quite as good as McGregor.

If he's staying to fight for number 1 spot but knowing he still might be number 2 and is fine with that challenge then brilliant - bring it on.
Can't see us holding back McCrorie anymore he needs regular Football now think he will go in the summer.

Firth you would imagine provides cover as 3rd choice on a basic wage.

Big question now is does McGregor sign up for next season or do we have to look for a new number 1 ? If not push the boat out for Sam Johnstone from WBA cracking goalkeeper and OOC this summer.

Depressing is watching sub-standard players turn out for us struggling in games.

In general, I mean as the lad with the heart defect obviously we don't know if he would be good, bad or even play for us.
It wouldn't surprise me if some of the players we sign would rather take the heart defect over being judged and rejected by a section of the support base before they've played even 1 minute for us.

It could be a possibility that the club see this as our first proper chance to turn over a profit with the Patterson and Gerrard money on top of our other revenues.

Therefore are reluctant to spend it.
Well if we don’t win the league the fingers will be pointing at the board and rightly so

It would be unforgivable to lose the league title this season given our position of strength in the summer and the fact that lot had to do a full rebuild with a rookie manager

Failure to win the league and all good will towards the board will be gone overnight and rightly so

Well if we don’t win the league the fingers will be pointing at the board and rightly so

It would be unforgivable to lose the league title this season given our position of strength in the summer and the fact that lot had to do a full rebuild with a rookie manager

Failure to win the league and all good will towards the board will be gone overnight and rightly so
No it won't , the board have worked minor miracles to get us where we are . Let's see what the last few days of the window brings us .

I'm confident we win the league will the squads the way they are right now anyway.

No it won't , the board have worked minor miracles to get us where we are . Let's see what the last few days of the window brings us .

I'm confident we win the league will the squads the way they are right now anyway.
It will for many IMO

If we fail to win the league this season and the manager isn’t backed within the next week, the board will have questions to answer given they’ve taken in circa £16m since last month.

That lot has a full rebuild in the summer by a very average manager that came from Japan ffs

This in spades. Failure to win the league this year will be unforgivable.

looking forward to another couple of squad filler loans on deadline day.

Sigh.
5c3.jpg

Tbh the board have went above and beyond, the hit rate on our transfers hasn’t been good enough and the knock on affect of that is you have less to spend for a period of time.

It will for many IMO

If we fail to win the league this season and the manager isn’t backed within the next week, the board will have questions to answer given they’ve taken in circa £16m since last month.

That lot has a full rebuild in the summer by a very average manager that came from Japan ffs
And equally for many others they will accept that winning the league in s two horse race is never guaranteed.
The very fact we changed manager mid season is lost on a few and still there is a financial disparity that we haven't quite closed yet ffs

You keep peddling this like Salaka, and Kent are slow, it's fucking weird.
We need guile and ability to unlock a defence, not someone rapid who can break beyond the defence that are sitting on the 6 yard box.

Be as well signing Jordan Jones and Michael O'Halloran.
Agree with you there. 9 times out of 10 we play against 11 men behind the ball so pace is pretty much pointless.

@Lord Summerisle :D

Sadly I’m not allowed to be admin, @mdingwall said it’s because I’m a lady's front bottom and certainly not allowed orange font access :(

Just noticed this, @Stevie - 4ladsblog – at least if one of us gets something wrong (not that we ever do), we can blame the other!

P.S. I thought being a lady's front bottom was the essential attribute for becoming admin?
Certainly was the only essential criteria when @mdingwall let me join his band of merry men.

And the orange font is deid!

Just noticed this, @Stevie - 4ladsblog – at least if one of us gets something wrong (not that we ever do), we can blame the other!

P.S. I thought being a lady's front bottom was the essential attribute for becoming admin?
Certainly was the only essential criteria when @mdingwall let me join his band of merry men.

And the orange font is deid!
May the orange font rest easy.
He was a good bear :(

We need guile and ability to unlock a defence, not someone rapid who can break beyond the defence that are sitting on the 6 yard box.

Who said Sakala and Kent were slow? The amount of putting words in people’s mouths or misquoting posters is frankly ridiculous and this is just another example. Please go ahead and quote me saying both those players are slow. Take your time.

Who said Sakala and Kent were slow? The amount of putting words in people’s mouths or misquoting posters is frankly ridiculous and this is just another example. Please go ahead and quote me saying both those players are slow. Take your time.
Your shite about needing more pace than we already have (which is ample) is the modern day need a "beast" in midfield or a unit up front to lump the ball into. The way we play and how the opposition sit in means raw pace is not the key attribute, we need guile, quick feet, the ability to pick a pass.

Not a rumour by any means but having watched some AFCON I have liked what I’ve seen from Ibrahima Kone.

He’s scored in every game he’s played for Mali in the tournament and he’s going well for his club Sarpsborg in Norway.

Only 22 as well.

Looks a good player and decent enough stats, the type of player we should be checking out.

Your shite about needing more pace than we already have (which is ample) is the modern day need a "beast" in midfield or a unit up front to lump the ball into. The way we play and how the opposition sit in means raw pace is not the key attribute, we need guile, quick feet, the ability to pick a pass.
“ Shite” is it that a RW should have pace about him, no bother pep:)). I’ll crack the jokes. We already have the guile you describe in Hagi. We need and will sign a pacey RW someone who also has an end product. Only an idiot doesn’t see that is what’s required, thankfully GVB is in charge and not you.

This is exactly why Hagi often gets the nod in front Sakala when we play the likes of St Johnstone, St Mirren etc.

Sakala's pace is negated, to an extent when teams sit in. Certainly from the start at any rate.

“ Shite” is it that a RW should have pace about him, no bother pep:)). I’ll crack the jokes. We already have the guile you describe in Hagi. We need and will sign a pacey RW someone who also has an end product. Only an idiot doesn’t see that is what’s required, thankfully GVB is in charge and not you.
What space is a a pacy player going to run into, you fancy seeing him running over the byline? Just as you said, Gio sees this as otherwise Sakala would be playing ahead of Hagi, as he has the pace you talk about, but it's massively negated by teams who sit in. Only an idiot can't see that. "no bother pep" :)

What space is a a pacy player going to run into, you fancy seeing him running over the byline? Just as you said, Gio sees this as otherwise Sakala would be playing ahead of Hagi, as he has the pace you talk about, but it's massively negated by teams who sit in. Only an idiot can't see that. "no bother pep" :)
Ok pace isn’t important in the modern game, if you say so genius. Back on track hopefully we will sign a pacey and skilful RW and possibly a midfielder, we shall find out in the coming days, I suspect GVB is nobody’s fool.

This thread is hilarious

You have the usual “it’s a disgrace if we don’t sign at least 2 or 3” brigade vs the “panty wetter there’s still time left and we will make signings” brigade

Same every window on a transfer thread

Fwiw I don’t see us signing anyone else, not too say we don’t want players in but the board can’t just throw money without balancing off running the club properly

In an ideal world we would be able to go and strengthen to keep us ahead of them but it’s abundantly clear we are not in the position to do so

Stamping of feet won’t change that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back