Archive The Winter 2021/22 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aribo, Kamara, Davis, Jack, Arfield, Lundstram, Bacuna.

Where does Sands fit into this? Didn’t even come off the bench against Stirling Albion when we were cruising, albeit limited by the 3 subs.

Reckon he’ll be lucky to start 1 of the next 3 games.
Do people honestly think players like Bacuna, Barker and Simpson started against Stirling Albion because Gio rates them or has been impressed?

He picked a team that was good enough for that game, Tav and Goldson always start when fit the only other regular was Hagi the rest have been in and around the team or nowhere near it.

On your point about Sands he started one of the biggest games of the season and was rested against a league two side, I’d say that strengthens his chances of playing rather than put him as 8th choice.

You need to play the game with these cup ties sometimes and take a risk.

Started when Aribo, Jack, Arfield & Davis weren’t available.

Gio was so impressed by him he held him back against the mighty Stirling Albion.

Right ye are.
So you have absolutely %^*& all idea whether he is or isn't ahead of them either. Just assuming he is 8th choice because he didn't play against a 4th tier team in the cup is absolutely mind-numbing. I suppose because Barker got game time he's ahead of Kent and Wright then? Or Simpson ahead of Barisic and Bassey?

If we do sign skov Olsen id expect him to be one of the best signings in the history of the club, going with the boner some on here seem to have for him.
I've only seen him a few times Tbh. One for Denmark which he looked impressive and maybe 3 or 4 times in serie a that he didn't really impress.

So you're putting 3 AM Infront of the CM/DM Sands player is and add Davis OOC and barely played under Gio then you've got injury prone Jack.

It's Kamara/Lundstram who Sands will be competing against. Kamara could also be gone in the Summer.

Jack will never have an injury free season.
The point the poster made is that we’ve “added” to what we have is in quality and people who can contribute (right now).

Sorry but I just don’t see it. Perhaps in the future he could go on to become integral but right now I’m not buying it.

The age profile of our midfield is actually shocking and it’s a problem that has been created by Gerrard & co.

Kamara & Aribo are in prime at 25/26, the rest are either approaching 30 or on the wrong side of 30. So in that respect Sands is in a good position (provided he’s signed permanently)

Here we go again Skov Olsen
200w.webp

So you have absolutely %^*& all idea whether he is or isn't ahead of them either. Just assuming he is 8th choice because he didn't play against a 4th tier team in the cup is absolutely mind-numbing. I suppose because Barker got game time he's ahead of Kent and Wright then? Or Simpson ahead of Barisic and Bassey?
Kent & Barisic are established, James Sands is anything but.

You knew that though but it doesn’t fit your warped viewpoint.

We’ll see how many important games Sands features in, I doubt it’ll be many.

How high do you rate AOS?
Would he make a difference?
Fast?
Beat a man?
Whip a cross in?
Score?
He isn't one I'm going all in on like I did with Kamara and Aribo because I haven't seen as much of him.

From what I have seen he has great feet and would be a great option playing against packed defenses because he is intelligent and skillfull rather than relying on pace although he is still pretty quick.

He obviously knows how to put the ball in the net just look at his scoring record outwith Bologna.

I still think we should have gone for Karlson from Sparta who would have cost a fraction of what Skov will cost but this would be a very good signing imo.

Lovely left foot and great ball control.

Last edited:
Started when Aribo, Jack, Arfield & Davis weren’t available.

Gio was so impressed by him he held him back against the mighty Stirling Albion.

Right ye are.
Davis has barely played under Gio, Aribo and Arfield play completely different roles, and we can't rely on Jack's fitness to consider him being ahead of Sands. He's 3rd choice for the DM role at worst.

And you can't use that Stirling game to decipher how much Gio rates players in the squad, we largely gave a lot of players a run out who didn't start against Aberdeen.

Do people honestly think players like Bacuna, Barker and Simpson started against Stirling Albion because Gio rates them or has been impressed?

He picked a team that was good enough for that game, Tav and Goldson always start when fit the only other regular was Hagi the rest have been in and around the team or nowhere near it.

On your point about Sands he started one of the biggest games of the season and was rested against a league two side, I’d say that strengthens his chances of playing rather than put him as 8th choice.

You need to play the game with these cup ties sometimes and take a risk.
So Sands was rested but Hagi wasn’t? Who was subsequently crocked for the rest of the season.

Id expect Sands to feature tomorrow night, mainly down to necessity of options rather than him being integral to the midfield.

Davis out, Arfield & Jack returning to the squad & Aribo not ready post-AFCON.

The fact you think all of these players play in the same position is astounding.
Except I don’t.

All I did was list all the options for the 3 central positions.

For instance, Aribo is a 10 but one or more of those options will have to play there at some point as Aribo isn’t playing every game from now til seasons end, not if we want to get the best out of him.

The point the poster made is that we’ve “added” to what we have is in quality and people who can contribute (right now).

Sorry but I just don’t see it. Perhaps in the future he could go on to become integral but right now I’m not buying it.

The age profile of our midfield is actually shocking and it’s a problem that has been created by Gerrard & co.

Kamara & Aribo are in prime at 25/26, the rest are either approaching 30 or on the wrong side of 30. So in that respect Sands is in a good position (provided he’s signed permanently)
We've probably had to take this chance on Sands or it'll be too late. And it's future planning. Our squad will be thinned out in the summer. 8 OOC and some deadwood moved on. Possible sale of players too.

RB isn't really that much of a issue right now.
Already got a CB coming in that will replace ooc Balogun.

RW will be sorted out this week.

Hagi has created a problem though

The same journalist who tweeted about Skov Olsen said were also looking at Amoo from Hammarby.
That put a downer on my enthusiasm when I saw that because it just screams or a guy who has been browsing this thread but maybe doesn’t have a great grasp of English.

I mean we’ve had journalists and papers in this country revealing “Rangers transfer shortlist” after taking names from Caskie’s tweets.

The same journalist who tweeted about Skov Olsen said were also looking at Amoo from Hammarby.

They’re both theoretically wide right players Derek.

I do think at 19yo, wee Amoo looks as if he could be a very good player.

As well as having pace & strength he has an awareness & can split a defence from the clips I’ve seen.

Seems weird, unless a bids come in for Kent or even Wright ?

Except I don’t.

All I did was list all the options for the 3 central positions.

For instance, Aribo is a 10 but one or more of those options will have to play there at some point as Aribo isn’t playing every game from now til seasons end, not if we want to get the best out of him.

Right we get it, can you f*ck up now so this thread can get back to discussing potential signings.

That put a downer on my enthusiasm when I saw that because it just screams or a guy who has been browsing this thread but maybe doesn’t have a great grasp of English.

I mean we’ve had journalists and papers in this country revealing “Rangers transfer shortlist” after taking names from Caskie’s tweets.
I'm lowering my expectations until something more reliable comes out.

We've probably had to take this chance on Sands or it'll be too late. And it's future planning. Our squad will be thinned out in the summer. 8 OOC and some deadwood moved on. Possible sale of players too.

RB isn't really that much of a issue right now.
Already got a CB coming in that will replace ooc Balogun.

RW will be sorted out this week.

Hagi has created a problem though
I hope so because otherwise we’ve stood still and eventually that catches up with you.

As someone who's had long time Skov Olsen thirst and can't be bothered reading 4 pages - why is there a buzz about him tonight?

I hope so because otherwise we’ve stood still and eventually that catches up with you.
Totally agree. In Summer I was hoping for another marquee starter to be signed. I was only really pleased with Sakala signing thinking he'll add quality to our team.

His record for a winger in Denmark is pretty incredible, he’s struggled in Italy, but so did the last 6ft 2” Danish international right winger we signed.

He struggles in Italy because his manager likes to rotate the formation. He’s played RWB, RW and as a 10 (not that often). He’s also got Orsolini ahead of him who is a cracking player. Bologna have had a few injuries this season and they’ve been rotating players.

No surprise when played on the RW when in Denmark and with the national team. He delivered.

He’s not Mane or Salah quick (he’s certainly not Kirk Broadfoot slow) so some don’t want him. He’s been on fire for the Danish national side of late.

Two footed, he’s going to try and work it on to his left foot / cut inside from wide right possession.

I’m sure Brugge were offering him even higher wages than what he was on in Italy - whatever that is?

As someone who's had long time Skov Olsen thirst and can't be bothered reading 4 pages - why is there a buzz about him tonight?
Hagi injured out for the season, already needed attack minded right side player, Twitter "journalists" saying we've bid trying to one-up Brugge

A generic tweet from some “danish” account.

Would love for it to have some credibility behind it but it’s been a long time since we’ve invested in a player for the kind of fee he’s quoted as being valued at in January.

Perhaps Hagi’s injury is forcing their hand slightly (I hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back