Flight & Entry Requirements for Spain/Portugal - Masks, Passports, Vaccines, Covid status

I don't think that is correct. If fully vaccinated with a booster there is no other requirement beyond being able to prove this either in paper form or the NHS app.

The paper form and qr code on the app have to be EU compliant and this can be verified on the Spanish Health and Travel website which I did and my form was declared valid.
I've tried verifying my qr code on the Spth site and it always fails, tried with a newly downloaded pdf copy from nhs scotland site. Can't take a screenshot of the NHS app qr code and try as it's restricted. What did you do to get it declared valid?

Can anyone confirm if we have to do that "SPTH" form thing for the code I've heard mixed
do it to speed through arrival controls. they just scan the QR code. Otherwise you have to fill out the same questionnaire and wait while they type it in.

I’ve got a treatlocal recovery cert which isn’t EU/DCC valid so I’ve put my details into SpTH & I’ve got a blue bar code. Will this recovery cert be enough to gain entry to Spain or should I do PCR as back up?

I’m already in Spain. At Madrid airport they were turning the blind eye to covid checks. They just asked if you had vaccine and all you had to do was say yes. No physical proof.

Good news for me as I’m unvaccinated, got my negative PCR yesterday for travel out to Faro but on the return I’m going from Faro to Madrid to Fuerteventura to Leeds, not overly worried anyway as the worst they’ll do is deport me to the UK…

Most airlines ask for proof at check in

Aw sound. I have all the things I need to show the airline and border guards if asked. I was just not sure if you had to report your status to the Spanish authorities in advance. Just want to make sure I 100% know the procedure so I don’t make an arse of it and get turned away at the border.

Aw sound. I have all the things I need to show the airline and border guards if asked. I was just not sure if you had to report your status to the Spanish authorities in advance. Just want to make sure I 100% know the procedure so I don’t make an arse of it and get turned away at the border.
Strictest on any of our trips has been dortmund and only showed my covid pass everywhere.

Strictest on any of our trips has been dortmund and only showed my covid pass everywhere.
I’ve been to Budapest and Berlin recently and had all the necessary documentation but wasn’t asked for anything on either trip. However some of the comments on this thread are giving me the fear so just want to make sure I am prepared for it this time.

One of my mates in our WhatsApp suggesting we should download and create an eu certificate for entry. Anyone out there give us the rundown please.

Oversight by me - didn't get a booster. Just assumed I would be fine given the date on NHS app saying QR Valid til Nov '22.

2nd Jab April '21.

Spains Health form rejected it as it's expired.

Anyone else been in a similar boat? Is it ok? I fly tomorrow - worth the risk? Or am I going to end up on Banged-Brits Abroad?
If the QR code says Nov ’22 then what’s expired?

Yeah, calling it a shambles on twitter because they wont let them fly.
I've spent weeks on here telling folk to not listen to the guys saying "chance it, they don't check"

In the event that they hadn't been, they were always going to step up checks knowing the influx thats coming. Be that in Spain, or at UK Airports.

If you've not done everything thats needed, and you're relying on people not doing their jobs correctly to get there, then you can't call it a shambles

I follow The Duke on Twitter

His booster jag was not on the nhs Scotland app and was not updating to allow him to download- his 2nd jag was outside the 270 days period- his flight out was 6:45 and airport test centre did not open till 7am.

Seems you have to log out and then log back in on the Scottish NHS app to update all vaccinations for international travel since they removed the necessity to use the Scottish app. to gain entry to pubs / restaurants in Scotland

WOULD BE WISE TO CHECK THAT YOUR SCOTTISH NHS IS WORKING PROPERLY FOR INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL

Oh and don’t take a screenshot of any QR Codes on Scottish nhs app or they will lock you out for 5 minutes

Oversight by me - didn't get a booster. Just assumed I would be fine given the date on NHS app saying QR Valid til Nov '22.

2nd Jab April '21.

Spains Health form rejected it as it's expired.

Anyone else been in a similar boat? Is it ok? I fly tomorrow - worth the risk? Or am I going to end up on Banged-Brits Abroad?
Hi Mate,

What do you mean by health form? Is this something to be completed before flying?

Thanks

If the QR code says Nov ’22 then what’s expired?
The QR expiry code counts for zilch mate.

If you've had two vaccinations and a booster (three jags) you are fine.

If you've only had two vaccinations then the second one has to have been between 14 and 270 days ago.

Just show the details on the App (unless you are from Wales where the damned App doesn't show your Covid status and has to be printed out).

As above, make sure the App is showing the correct info before travelling.

Last edited:
I’ve got a treatlocal recovery cert which isn’t EU/DCC valid so I’ve put my details into SpTH & I’ve got a blue bar code. Will this recovery cert be enough to gain entry to Spain or should I do PCR as back up?
recovery health form gets you through quicker, would advise printing the qr thing though so they can scan your paper copy and youre through

Lads just to check I got a negative PCR test done for fit to fly was told as long as 72 hours before flight it’s good for entry to Spain?

The company DAM Health told me download the worldwide health app which has my certificate on saying I was negative.

Reading this thread giving me the absolute fear I’m double vaxed but outwith the 270 days.

Worried sick

recovery health form gets you through quicker
Hi Mate,

What do you mean by health form? Is this something to be completed before flying?

Thanks
not required anymore if you can show your nhs vaccine proof on the app or pdf print out from the app. If youre showing recovery from covid you can fill out and online form and it automatically validates, then you take blue path at the airport, they scan the code and thats it, I should add, the recovery health form is only really for people who are unvaccinated. If you have been vaccinated, no form necessary, just show the qr pass on the app

Have made it to Amsterdam and not been asked for proof of vaccination yet. No one asked in the UK or when I went through immigration on Holland. Off to Spain I go.

Thanks mate. Put my mind at rest.
yeah, I covered all bases, had two vaccines in the app but also had covid two months ago, so filled out the recovery form, printed it and skipped the queue, not that they were checking very closely on peoples phones. If someones second vaccine had been more than 270 days ago they wouldnt have known at malaga

Was there not talk of Spain changing their COVID laws tomorrow?

Just saw this

They extended the covid restrictions another month was announced via press release on the 12th

Went to Randox Health at St Enoch’s this afternoon for a rapid antigen within 60mins. In and out in literally 5mins and had the results emailed within half an hour. £30 it cost. Only accepted because we’re flying to Faro rather than Spain though.

The QR expiry code counts for zilch mate.

If you've had two vaccinations and a booster (three jags) you are fine.

If you've only had two vaccinations then the second one has to have been between 14 and 270 days ago.

Just show the details on the App (unless you are from Wales where the damned App doesn't show your Covid status and has to be printed out).

As above, make sure the App is showing the correct info before travelling.
Thanks for information

One of my mates in our WhatsApp suggesting we should download and create an eu certificate for entry. Anyone out there give us the rundown please.
Download the app if you can. In Leipzig they scanned the certificate to authenticate it and matched the name to the passport. Few folk getting knocked back…

I got a PCR 72 hours before my flight which is tomorrow to Spain. Was told this was enough? My 2 jabs don’t meet criteria and I’m not able to get booster before hand

Can anyone confirm this

Back