A message from The captain

It's all just an arse covering exercise from the club if anything goes wrong with the fans as they've tried to spread the message to behave now it's out their hands

And this is the only time since then that we are travelling in such numbers. Other than 1972 when the trophy had to be presented in a shower cubicle. We have previous and it needs to be pointed out and a repeat avoided.
So in our vast history it's only twice. It's never done being pointed out though. The reason I asked is because I thought I was missing something. Like I said in an other thread. Large groups of people from many places will have a minority that cause trouble. It's human nature. It just so happens Rangers fans seemed to be held to higher standard than many fan bases.

A lot of posters saying this is embarrassing should think about the reasoning behind these videos. The media here are looking to for any excuse to demonise the club and our fans. Especially after the riots on Saturday.

Messages like this are for less than 1% of Rangers supporters most of whom don’t even follow their team, they’re out to get blootered and hopefully get all the attention they desire. I don’t need to be told to behave.

I know how to behave. So do most people I know.

Bams will be bams I'm afraid. They don't care. We have some. Every club has some.

Just hope everyone has a great time.

I'll probably drink a bit less than usual actually not that I need told.

Id perhaps needed told about 20 years ago, but if I couldnt self police and behave nowadays, then Id be as well chucking it.

Im missing the final, but like all other Euro aways Id drink enough to be buzzing, but not enough to make me act like a knob. Cannae be that difficult.

Our board treat us with utter contempt.No doubt more ex players will be wheeled out the next couple of days.
Unfortunately it's the nutters who don't go to games that will cause trouble. Some will see this as one off to get blitzed and cause mayem. I know I'm getting old

You almost cant compare this with any Euro trip we have made in the last 20 years bar Manchester. Theres 10x the people going, and 90% of them are not the usual away going crowd.

I think it is absolutely inevitable their will be the odd incident. You are talking about tens of thousands of fans, in the sun, most drinking all day. It would happen to any club travelling with those numbers. I really hope it's kept low key and any issues are fairly isolated.
That's my point though. It's part and parcel of it all. The ways things are being made is that Rangers fans are like the 2nd coming if the British Empire. Rampaging across Europe stealing land, and woman.

I honestly cant see many problems. Will fights happen. Most likely. Will cnts get arrested, sure. Overall though I don't see any major incidents. You never know. Maybe people will have a good time.

Why oh why is it patronising to be be warned about behaving? They are not telling fans to not enjoy themselves. They are simply reminding them of the consequences of getting into trouble. We all know we get treated different and that's not going to change. Just pay heed to what's being said. We sure don't want anything to tarnish winning the trophy against all odds.

“Remember and hold each other’s hand up the town now, and if you need the toilet you’ve to say you need the toilet!!”

I think the club are doing the right thing in telling the ned element of the support to behave.

Manchester wasn’t a good look for the club at all, and no one was prepared for that happening at that time, no one, not even the club. They’ve gotta get the message out and are clearly just trying to cover their arses, and rightly so as well.

It does seem a bit condescending, getting these ex players and managers wheeled out to get the message across, but whether we like it or not, there are element of the support that require this message to be rammed home.

Let’s just behave, enjoy the trip and hope the Famous get the result we need.

It’s a momentous occasion that will be enjoyed by all, and hopefully not ruined by a few.

So in our vast history it's only twice. It's never done being pointed out though. The reason I asked is because I thought I was missing something. Like I said in an other thread. Large groups of people from many places will have a minority that cause trouble. It's human nature. It just so happens Rangers fans seemed to be held to higher standard than many fan bases.
In our vast history we have gathered in such numbers twice. Twice there has been issues, and significant reputational damage. So yes mate, its only twice out of twice. a 100% record of this nonsense.

Id perhaps needed told about 20 years ago, but if I couldnt self police and behave nowadays, then Id be as well chucking it.

Im missing the final, but like all other Euro aways Id drink enough to be buzzing, but not enough to make me act like a knob. Cannae be that difficult.

There will be plenty folk there who are the same as you were 20 years ago though...

Club just covering their arse, we are held to a different standard than anyone else in Scotland and they know the headlines are already being written so don't give them the excuse they are looking for to put them to print.

You can't put 100k Scottish people consuming alcohol anywhere in the world and expect it to go completely without incident but as long as the arrangements put on for viewing the match all go to plan and we don't have elements of our support/Frankfurt support spoiling for a scrap with each other then it's going to be a cracking couple of days in Seville with a great atmosphere throughout the city.

Considering the volume of people in Manchester and a large element of people that just travelled for the piss up, until the screen failed and the police reacted with heavy handed tactics - the day of the game and day before in Manchester I never seen one bit of trouble.

Completely understand the reason behind the messaging but I think the delivery and tone behind it is a little amateurish.

Given the numbers going over there, there is inevitably going to be those who have too much drink and whatever else. Hopefully any incident is dealt with and moved on from quickly.

If there are any alcoholic coke fuelled bampots who can guarantee they were already planning to behave impeccably - and felt patronised - then you may have a case but I'd get over it.

Why oh why is it patronising to be be warned about behaving? They are not telling fans to not enjoy themselves. They are simply reminding them of the consequences of getting into trouble. We all know we get treated different and that's not going to change. Just pay heed to what's being said. We sure don't want anything to tarnish winning the trophy against all odds.
Agree. I look forward to the next time my 3 year old son throws a hotwheels car at his little sister and when I try and tell him to behave he will point out I am patronising and I will be forced to apologise.

If there are any alcoholic coke fuelled bampots who can guarantee they were already planning to behave impeccably - and felt patronised - then you may have a case but I'd get over it.
Never been to seville before but given its a city and not a beach party resort perhaps there will be less availability of the marching powder and therefore lead to less scumbag behaviour.

Sorry but for the club to fail to "call out" the double standards in the media regarding reporting of fans behaviour to then before fans have even got there to basically say " we know you cant behave so....." is just awful.

I have asked on other threads that fans don't post videos and set their social media accounts to private because that's the sensible thing to do and not to give the media an open goal that they are looking for but that video is in Glaswegian terminology..A pure brass neck.

It absolutely will not stop anyone.

You think some mwi bam goes to hook someone and thinks wait, what did Gough say in that wee patronising video?
They do give us an excuse with UEFA though, the Club know that any repeat of Manchester and we will be out of Europe next season so anything that can be used to show they tried everything is useful,

Manchester that was instigated by aggressive policing attacking fans, and as a 15 year old sober without a touch of alchohol in the middle of it I can clearly remember who was at fault that day.
That was true. When the screen message told the fans to go to another area no one had informed the police who felt provoked by people doing as they were told. Out came the batons and carnage ensued. Whoever made the decision not to show the game on the screens caused this.

I understand the message but how many times did he tell us to behave in the short message?
Lets be honest, its not going to make the slightest bit of difference.

I should add that I think it would be a big help if the Club and its board started showing even a small bit of respect to the supporters.

Embarrassing from the club releasing these videos.

Understand the rationale behind it but clearly just making us out to be a bunch of thugs.

By all means put a video out telling us to enjoy ourselves, roar the team on to victory and be ambassadors for the club - but to start and end the video by telling us to behave ourselves. GTF
No, the clowns that misbehave can G.T.F.

That was true. When the screen message told the fans to go to another area no one had informed the police who felt provoked by people doing as they were told. Out came the batons and carnage ensued. Whoever made the decision not to show the game on the screens caused this.
I seem to remember a member of the City Council saying they were told by GMP to pull the plug on the screens.

The Riot Cops were cu.nts but so we’re the small minority who were looking for the slightest excuse to cause bother, the vast majority of Bears behaved impeccably but because of the cu.nts the narrative is set.

It's absoloutly needed putting so many drunk people in a small place there will be issues

The club has to Protect itself say we win what happens if we end up banned from Europe next year as we didn't try and mitigate things by being proactive

That changes the full landscape financially for us as a club

It’s a message that everyone might just need to get it through to them.

To much sun and booze is just a recipe
I would hope the one consolation is that with it being a foreign trip there will be less white powder kicking about. A scourge on society that has become a much bigger problem since Manchester.

tens of thousands of Scottish folk in the sun, plenty of booze. Obviously there will be some sort of bother. it doesnt matter if they are football or music fans.
Our problem is though, that its rangers.
held to a totally different standard and the press already cannot wait to file the reports and mug shots.

the club are just covering their arse as much as they can.

Its, as you say, inevitable. However, the real issue is the way it'll be reported. If Rangers were serious about protecting our reputation they'd have employed someone years ago to gather and present evidence of the press and media bias. The fact that they havent sets us up for another dose of propaganda. And we're going to get it with both barrels.
Social media won’t help, just takes one video of a guy pissing behind a tree and the press have a story

Club just covering their arse, we are held to a different standard than anyone else in Scotland and they know the headlines are already being written so don't give them the excuse they are looking for to put them to print.

You can't put 100k Scottish people consuming alcohol anywhere in the world and expect it to go completely without incident but as long as the arrangements put on for viewing the match all go to plan and we don't have elements of our support/Frankfurt support spoiling for a scrap with each other then it's going to be a cracking couple of days in Seville with a great atmosphere throughout the city.

Considering the volume of people in Manchester and a large element of people that just travelled for the piss up, until the screen failed and the police reacted with heavy handed tactics - the day of the game and day before in Manchester I never seen one bit of trouble.
Sorry this is largely pish. And what a lot of the bams try to hide behind.
Circumstances in Barca and Manchester might have had a degree of bad luck and a degree of mitigation however it wasn’t the Daily Record who banned us for a year from Europe it was UEFA.
Manchester had too many arseholes who got too drunk and couldn’t control themselves-not everyone who was disappointed at the screens failing decided to wreck the place or else they’d still be rebuilding the place.

Absolutely the vast majority of our support will and do behave but we have an element who will cause issues.

What happened at the weekend is nothing to do with what we do but some will use it as an excuse. There’s no logic in this irrespective of the core argument.
Celtic’s scum element not being held accountable is not an excuse for our wayward element to do what they want.

You are a sensible poster but these threads attract an element who absolutely resent any kind of authority or direction and clearly think they can do what they want. It reeks out of these threads.

There’s nothing condescending or embarrassing about the club being proactive in this.
They also can’t come out and say anything about the weekend-it’s mental to think otherwise.

We retain a sad element who just want a free for all and they hide behind all kinds of excuses.

We are on the edge of a special moment in our history nothing should tarnish that.

Social media won’t help, just takes one video of a guy pissing behind a tree and the press have a story
Which is why ever Rangers fan should have their social media account set to private so its just their mates and followers that see pictures and videos posted. That's really not hard to and I honestly just wish folk would do stuff like this to save the media getting their hands on them

So just take the risk of possibly achieving the CL Groups & then being banned from Europe next season ?

Barcelona cost us a years ban, Manchester a lot of embarrassment & ridicule from our haters.

Why shouldn’t the club remind people of the risk of not behaving as we should ?

Yet, despite Barcelona and Manchester, there was no self-reflection among the support at all. Just a lot of denial.

In 1972 the team were presented with the trophy in private and we were banned for a year. Then Manchester was a disaster. Both times its conveniently because of the police.

Sections of the stadium closed? It's UEFAs fault.

George Sq last year. That's the SNPs and GCCs fault.

Some of the absolutely dreadful behaviour at Ibrox this season. Brushed under the carpet and complaining fans ridiculed.

Its always someone else's fault and there's never really any soul searching or self reflection. Just "oh any gathering has bams". Funny how it's always our support at the center of these storms though.

Let's just hope all goes well for the next few days. No point in scaremongering now as its far too late if anything is going to kick off. If it all goes horribly wrong then we will deal with it.

For now we just hope for the best and the club is putting out the right messages so hopefully that has some impact.

Everyone go and have a great time and let's bring the trophy home.

Yet, despite Barcelona and Manchester, there was no self-reflection among the support at all. Just a lot of denial.

In 1972 the team were presented with the trophy in private and we were banned for a year. Then Manchester was a disaster. Both times its conveniently because of the police.

Sections of the stadium closed? It's UEFAs fault.

George Sq last year. That's the SNPs and GCCs fault.

Some of the absolutely dreadful behaviour at Ibrox this season. Brushed under the carpet and complaining fans ridiculed.

Its always someone else's fault and there's never really any soul searching or self reflection. Just "oh any gathering has bans". Funny how it's always our support at the center of these storms though.

Let's just hope all goes well for the next few days. No point in scaremongering now as its far too late if anything is going to kick off. If it all goes horribly wrong then we will deal with it.

For now we just hope for the best and the club is putting out the right messages so hopefully that has some impact.

Everyone go and have a great time and let's bring the trophy home.

Do you think the media are honest and impartial in their reporting of both sets of supporters behaviour? You just needed to look at the media over the weekend and today to know they arent and in fact are complicit in wiping stories from their sites.

This young YouTuber posted on social media that he was subjected to racist abuse from Celtic fans and he was threatened he was going to be stabbed and to quote the lad, " he was terrified for his life!" The story about this was on the Scottish Sun site last night for approximately 40 mins and then it was wiped from their site and if you try and search from the same story that was posted you are met with this

The same story on another site so, why have the sun wiped it from their timeline?

the lads comments

That story would still be there if one of our support had made these threats and comments to the lad and thats also the difference!

The double standards in media reporting, the failure of MSP's to condemn their behaviour at the weekend, the failure of the FM to condemn them when last year she issued a statement saying she was disgusted by our support for some flowers and benches so, should we then take it she doesn't give a shit about a historic building being badly damaged which will cost thousands to repair, smashed traffic lights, clean up costs for the litter, damaging cars, Open drug taking, closing roads and traffic so that all businesses have to close resulting in loss of revenue in their troubled times?

Last edited:
hope they board up that bloody statue of the pope. If the daily record could've chosen an away day. Hopefully we can self police a bit

We all know these messages won’t deter the f@ckwits in our support from making a fool of themselves, but the club are playing the media with the PR element of this so they can’t be blamed for ‘not doing more’
I have been in Europe with Rangers enough to know there is always a small number of arseholes travel with us. I would say we as a support should be more proactive in policing our own.
If you see someone being a dick, have a word!
I remember a group of arseholes stealing a shop till in Munich years ago. They were quickly captured by our own support and dragged back to the shop to return the till and apologise. They might have had a slap too.
“If you see someone being a dick, have a word” - I’m hoping the next message (maybe from wee Nacho?) will adopt this idea.

Of course we shouldn’t need such messages, but my Manchester trip suggests it’s not a bad idea.

Do you think the media are honest and impartial in their reporting of both sets of supporters behaviour? You just needed to look at the media over the weekend and today to know they arent and in fact are complicit in wiping stories from their sites.

This young YouTuber posted on social media that he was subjected to racist abuse from Celtic fans and he was threatened he was going to be stabbed and to quote the lad, " he was terrified for his life!" The story about this was on the Scottish Sun site last night for approximately 40 mins and then it was wiped from their site and if you try and search from the same story that was posted you are met with this

The same story on another site so, why have the sun wiped it from their timeline?

the lads comments

Who cares about them? Why can’t people just go and have a good time without wanting to destroy things, fight with other people etc.

Back