West Ham reportedly in for Bassey Exwhuemployee

If we did not need some cash for next season then I would offer him a new contract and up his wages. Would much rather sell Aribo and Kamara but not sure just how much both .would bring in. Aribo should be worth reasonable money but I would not be sure we would even get bids for Kamara.
Doubt the top eight in the EPL would be interested but the rest and the championship might be.
We also have Morelos but being injured and not seen playing I doubt there will be any offers in the summer window.
Other clubs do not value our players as our fans do. However the opposite can be true and we might just get our Chelsea boy back for not too much money.

It's good being realistic when we should be expecting North of 20 million for bassey. He is young, still raw but has bags of ability and is a warrior. He will do very well indeed in his career and I wish it could last longer here.ut we need to act for the clubs interests and if that means sale, that's what we get.

Wil go with very happy memories and a support who love him.

Others have mentioned aribo. I'd suggest his last game if he features at all is also tomorrow.

He’s built like a tank and can run like the wind, all day.

He’s good with the ball at his feet.

On premiership valuations your talking 30m and up

If he moves before signing a new contract then we’re getting nowhere some of the figures quoted on here.

Bassey’s wages will be factored into any bid and I can’t see him being one of our higher earners right now.

Exactly. Something we have failed to do with EVERY player on our books (with the one exception)

Goldson, tav, kamara, barisic, kent, aribo, morelos….

Have all reached a peak at some point in the past when they had decent time on their contracts. Now their values are less, generally, and their contracts are a lot less.
If Steven Gerrard says he wants to keep them, do you
Tell him they're getting sold because that's our model
Keep the players to keep the manager happy.

Your call, but 50% of FF disagree with you.

Need this supposed model to kick in at some point

Hate seeing any good player leave, but there was life after boumsong, cuellar etc and there will be if bassey decides to move as well.

It's easily £20m + at a minimum, given the 2 above which was years ago and the Paterson and Tierney fees.

Put it this way if bassey was playing in the championship for a team near the top and some jumped up club from the prem wanted the player they’d be asking 20 million plus l, we absolutely should push 25 million+ if this story is true

It would take absolutely crazy money IMO. I rate him high enough to make him immediately one of our highest earners and also give him the vice-captaincy if and when Goldson leaves.

Last edited:
If he moves before signing a new contract then we’re getting nowhere some of the figures quoted on here.

Bassey’s wages will be factored into any bid and I can’t see him being one of our higher earners right now.
Wages will have no bearing on it at all.

£25m boy has been our Young player of the Year, Most improved this year and was in the Europa Team of the Tournament.

Apparently Dortmund interested and Fulham, would love him to go to Dortmund.

looking at the genuine joy and the way he has celebrated our wins in Europe, the lad has the Rangers bug. he knows we love him, and he looks like he loves it here. that will give us some sway and as above posts have said surely we will get £25m+ if he does go.
personally don't want him to go for at least another couple of seasons

If Steven Gerrard says he wants to keep them, do you
Tell him they're getting sold because that's our model
Keep the players to keep the manager happy.

Your call, but 50% of FF disagree with you.
Players should be brought in to align to the managers ideals and philosophy

Managers should be brought in to the clubs ideals and philosophies

If a players doesn’t buy into what the manager wants, then they should Leave

If a manager doesn’t want what the club want, then they should leave.

When Glen Kamala signed a new deal Steven Gerrard spoke about the need to pay players what they were worth to maximise their transfer value.

I’m pretty sure It was spoken about widely at the time.
If someone wants to buy Bassey on the wages we're already paying him then that's maximising our profit. Patterson was probably on less and it didn't stop Everton signing him.

I won't be surprised if Bassey goes, he's been outstanding. He's the one that gets us the biggest money this summer.
Yep, he’s brilliant and seems like a nice guy but got to sell at top.
Fact he’s now top asset says a bit about Morelos, Kamara etc….I like them both but we should have sold at peak,
Might have got £15m for Kamara last year-can’t see anywhere near that now.

£25m boy has been our Young player of the Year, Most improved this year and was in the Europa Team of the Tournament.

Apparently Dortmund interested and Fulham, would love him to go to Dortmund.
Yeah seen the Dortmund / Fulham story, there will be more, i'd be amazed if Stevie G is not interested.

If there are serious bids of that 20-25m Sell him now.

What screwed us up last year was not having freshened up the team or improved the team before Malmo.

If we can get the right quality of players in, maybe keep some of our better players, and most important balance the books, do it. Never forget we are always one Ryan Porteous assault away from nothing.

Should it be that Bassey leaves, he will do so for a Scottish record fee imo.

West Ham will have made even more money from their EL run than we have. Let them spend it all if they want him.

Reactions: DJT
Bassey is still learning the game. He will be dropping out before graduation. I sincerely hope for his own development he sticks around for at least another year with us. Got a bad feeling he will regret jumping ship too soon. For the moment we can cash in on one or two others. Replacing someone with Bassey's attributes will be very very difficult. I think because of his pace at the back we might have got away with being a bit more adventurous the other night.

Any EPL club buying Bassey is signing their next captain, in my opinion. We have to make sure we get the right money for him, but the pressure to sell while his stock is high will be enormous.

The dressing room seems so tight that as soon as one goes, I fear others might just decide it’s their time - especially lads such as Bassey, Aribo & Kamara.
We will adapt as we've done throughout the years. Just hope Gio gets the proper funds for what seems like a rebuild and serious questions have to be asked if he isn't.

Back