Transfer Targets 2022/23 season

McKay is no where near the level we need

I’d have a look at Cooke as a cheap punt but that’s it in Scotland

Not seen enough of ramsay but he was very poor v us this year

sheep fans main gripes about Ramsay is that he's too attack minded and it leaves the central defenders exposed but maybe thats because they have poorer central defenders ......... be like Tav with Rob Kiernan

not seen us linked with anyone other than that Oladapo Afolayan from Bolton and Gimour . I suppose it is very much going to depend on who we manage to keep

Always liked clips of the American League ,young fit Athletic players like Scandinavia.A market we should do business in .I know verdict on Sands is mixed.A few posters may know names across the pond.

Centre back is the priority
Goldson-leaving
Bassey-think we"ll get offered big money
Helander-Injuries
Balogun-leaving/injuries
Souttar-injuries
Would leave us with Leon King at the back if things went pear shaped we need two starting quality CBs and left back competition for Borna if Bassey is sold for big bucks

Gilmour & Vydra.

I do wonder what Gilmour’s value would be this summer. Not a great loan spell at a relegated Norwich so stock isn’t at its highest. Chelsea in a mess financially. Could be a perfect storm to sign him below his real value.

Vydra on a free would tear up the SPFL the way he’s done to the Championship for years.
He’s been tearing up bugger all in the last 4 seasons. I’d use that as my benchmark, Premier League or not. And only 1 decent scoring season in his last 7. Not for me.

I liked the idea of Vydra but then I had a look at his goal scoring record. He’s scored 8 in 82 games at Burnley. I’m aware he’s coming of the bench a fair amount and they don’t create a huge number of chances but still for the wage he’d likely demand coming up here I’m not sure he’s prolific enough
Agreed. One decent season in the past 7. Not what we need. Sounds too Waghorn-esque.

Massive long shot, but just seen Manor Solomon’s (Shaktar winger) deal with Fulham has collapsed.

Looked like they were getting him for around €6-7m - not sure why it’s collapsed, but someone is gonna get a bargain at that price.
Wanted us to go for him before Donetsk bought him a few years ago. I wonder why the deal has collapsed.

Our system going forward should be two things.

1. Buying potential for cheap to develope and sell for a profiit.
2.buying players who we know we may not recoup transfer wise but their performances on the pitch will bring us rewards.

A fine line but we can't have 11 Sakalas.
So the same as always then

Would love the Spence guy from Notts Forrest, we were rumoured to be interested last year but after a brilliant season we I’ll be priced out.

McKay is no where near the level we need

I’d have a look at Cooke as a cheap punt but that’s it in Scotland

Not seen enough of ramsay but he was very poor v us this year
I wouldn't mind seeing us go for Cooke, he would be a low cost and relatively low risk signing and would at the very least make a good squad player initially, and working with our coaches I reckon he could become a very decent player

Linked with

Kings Kangwa
Dapo Afolayan
Scott Twine
Billy Gilmour
Ola Solbakken
Sam Johnstone

Suggestions / Wishful thinking

Tony Vilhena
Gareth Bale (loads of golf courses in Scotland and his mate is already here, just saying…)
Where has the Kings Kangwa links came from bar that stats boy Caskie on twitter profiling him as a player we should buy?

Haven't seen Twine directly linked with us either or Solbakken. Both are just fans with wishful thinking.

Genuinely curious as the later 2 are proper ballers.

Despite all the doom and gloom regarding finances and what players might leave....Im quite optimistic and excited at what we will do in the summer.

Would love us to sign Colak
Me two especially his low transfer fee
Add the midfield player from red star Belgrade ? we were interested last summer
and top class center half
Any players we have played against in Europe league that would make us better that we could get ?
Braga goalkeeper ?

Despite all the doom and gloom regarding finances and what players might leave....Im quite optimistic and excited at what we will do in the summer.
Yip, me too actually - I’d hope getting to the Europa League final might make recruitment a bit easier…in an ideal world we’d qualify for champions league, come 3rd in the group, drop into Europa League and win it this time !

Where has the Kings Kangwa links came from bar that stats boy Caskie on twitter profiling him as a player we should buy?

Haven't seen Twine directly linked with us either or Solbakken. Both are just fans with wishful thinking.

Genuinely curious as the later 2 are proper ballers.

Right you are with Kangwa, knew I remembered seeing him name but couldn’t remember where I read it.

Linked with Twine a while back but it’s not come from any reliable source. Think Solbakken is more linked with them but you could comfortably guess we’re asking the question as well.

Agree with you that either one of those two would be a quality addition - not unrealistic either.

Suggestions, free agents:

GK - Sam Johnstone would be brilliant but doubt it.

GK - Alex McCarthy is free from Southampton and only 32.

Winger- Tom Lawrence at Derby would be a great Bosman. 28 years old too.

Striker- Vydra is free agent and at 30 could do a job.

Midfielder- John Swift, 26, could be a stand out up here

Domestically these would be good free agents. But need more quality for Europe.
What a depressing list that is.

Right you are with Kangwa, knew I remembered seeing him name but couldn’t remember where I read it.

Linked with Twine a while back but it’s not come from any reliable source. Think Solbakken is more linked with them but you could comfortably guess we’re asking the question as well.

Agree with you that either one of those two would be a quality addition - not unrealistic either.
Think Scott Twine is the most realistic option. His numbers are ridiculous mate.

Looks like we'd be challenging championship clubs for his signature where as Solbakken it's Roma who are rumoured that becomes a lot more tricky.

I think we'd be lucky to get one of them, and that would be Gilmour on loan.

High numbers of clubs will be interested in all of those players.
Yeah be tough but how many of them just played in a European final bud obviously money the biggest issue

I think McKay would be great cover for Kent and give him a break. Seems to be starting to combine his experience along with his skill.

He hasn't kicked on as a player since 2015, and he's had the same issue at every club he's been at since leaving us - starts off brightly then cools off, and seems to think having good moments in every other game is enough. He'd be an abjectly woeful signing for Rangers in 2022.

We were linked to Dapo Afolayan, by Alan Nixon

For this level he looks really really talented. Speedy, quick feet, can beat men, drives towards goals and nice quality finishes.

I’d love us to kick the window off with him signing.

Bolton fans love him looks built for Scottish football cracking range of finishes with both feet in that goal package

Back