The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
100% GY! Itten will move on, Roofe maybe? As good as he is, fitness is an issue! A new RM is a must. Have to be honest, slightly disappointed Diallo was a 6 month loan rather than 18. Definitely think there's a player in there

Yes, we might still go back for Diallo CDG ?

I’m with you on the other two, and agree with Copland Bear that getting a right sided forward of pace & quality would be great if we get a bit of cash for outgoing players ?

Obviously we need quality but timing is absolutely key this year. It would be great to see some outgoings early so we know where we stand, I’m sure there will be irons in the fire already, hoping for an exciting few weeks

Yes, we might still go back for Diallo CDG ?

I’m with you on the other two, and agree with Copland Bear that getting a right sided forward of pace & quality would be great if we get a bit of cash for outgoing players ?
Think there's a chance we could go back for him GY, think he'd come back in a heartbeat, certainly looks to have fallen in love with the club.

Either way, it's exciting times ahead!

I see the Romanian left back we have has been given a contract. Anyone know if he is any good? Glad to see us starting contract business early. Hopefully Alfie, Kent, Aribo, Davis and Kamara by the end of the week and we can stop this nonsense “huge rebuild / massive transition / end of an era” nonsense :cool:
Only saw him once in the youth Cup final but thought he looked like a player.

Very much an attacking full back.

Probably asked similar in recent years, so apologies, but with the season done now I'm curious to hear what people think on it.

If Rangers were to say "we're going in far heavier on youth development" and replaced Balogun with Mayo, Davis with McCann, and if sold Aribo with Lowry, would you be a fan of that move?

(Players used are just examples, others are obviously possible)

I'm not just meaning have them in the squad, I mean giving them serious game time, just like the players they're replacing. Are we going to say "next season is too important" again?

Probably asked similar in recent years, so apologies, but with the season done now I'm curious to hear what people think on it.

If Rangers were to say "we're going in far heavier on youth development" and replaced Balogun with Mayo, Davis with McCann, and if sold Aribo with Lowry, would you be a fan of that move?

I'm not just meaning have them in the squad, I mean giving them serious game time, just like the players they're replacing. Are we going to say "next season is too important" again?

I’d be good with this strategy. Realistically it’s needed for sustainability and we should really have a blend of young talent supported by experienced pros going forward. Lowry and King in particular have shown they can step up, so this is exactly what should happen.

Lowry and King I'd have absolutely no issues with.

We need investment to couple this to help bring these players to a higher level though, so sitting on the fence I know - but a mix of both I'd be happy with.

I think there needs to be balance of youth in the team. Asking Lowry to replace aribo isn’t fair on Lowry. Aribo played 65 games this season in all competitions for club and country. For me that’s putting to much pressure on Lowry. I think if you brought in a replacement for aribo and asked Lowry to play around the 25 game mark then that’s a good season for him.

I think balogun has already been replaced by souttar but I do see us using king as fourth choice. With our four main options being new cb, bassey, souttar and king.

I think our main options for the sitting midfield spots will be lundstram, new midfielder, jack, Kamara, sands and McCann.

I feel like that is where the balance is needed if we are to win the league next season. Using king as fourth choice, Lowry as back up no10 and say McCann as 5th/6th choice midfielder. Allows these players to grow as well as playing some game time.

We have to do this.

Spend whatever money we have on players that will strengthen the starting line up. Fill the rest of squad youth players.

Record has us in for a 16 year old forward from Millwall, Zac Lovelace

FTeJ1QxWIAA48Fv

Nope

If these players were at a suitable level they would have moved players out of their way, much in the way Fleck did, or Ferguson before him for example.

I think it's unrealistic to think Lowry can just go straight in to do what Aribo has. Aribo played more football than anyone in Europe. There's still a step between Lowry and Aribo that we have to bridge. Whilst developing our players is important, I think you do them a disservice by placing that much importance on them right away.

Do I think Lowry should be taking Ramsey's place in the squad though? Yes, that's more realistic.

Maybe McCann could take the place of Davis but I'd still like to keep Davis and I'm not sure McCann is at the level yet either. Don't think Mayo will be with the team at the end of the summer.

I think it's unrealistic to think Lowry can just go straight in to do what Aribo has. Aribo played more football than anyone in Europe. There's still a step between Lowry and Aribo that we have to bridge. Whilst developing our players is important, I think you do them a disservice by placing that much importance on them right away.

Do I think Lowry should be taking Ramsey's place in the squad though? Yes, that's more realistic.

Maybe McCann could take the place of Davis but I'd still like to keep Davis and I'm not sure McCann is at the level yet either. Don't think Mayo will be with the team at the end of the summer.
I think they should be considered over other squad players. Do I want King to replace Goldson for example? Absolutely not, but he should be ahead of Simpson. Likewise Lowry shouldn’t be taking Aribos place but can take Ramsays. We need to move away from the days of having huge squads of fringe players. Approximately 18-20 first team players supplemented by youth players.

We could lose Itten, Simpson, Katic, Diallo, zukowski; Ramsay, Hastie, Middleton, and arguably Davis and we would barely notice.

Some of those linked man. Bolton, Stoke, MK Dons. Gulp.
Who cares what league or club they come from. It’s about the quality of player. They signed the guy O’Riley from MK dons. We signed Aribo from Charlton. Toney of Brentford came from Peterborough. Judge the player, not the league or club. People might say the same about Rangers.

The Bolton guy is ex West Ham youth, has had one season at a pro club, is top scorer and won POTY. I’d say that sounds pretty good, plus his highlights show good finishing, speed and running at goal - exactly what we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back