The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aribo and Bassey are with Nigeria I had thought. I imagined Kamara is with Finland as well.

Might just be away for a few days before joining up with them right enough. Sure I seen the former two at an airport in their Nigeria gear though.

I see the insta post though, so not saying you are making it up :))
Was Basseys insta I think, seen them on WhatsApp obvs!

That's three summers on the trot we've been linked with one of the top scorers in League One

Ivan Toney (went for £5m + £5m in add ons)
Jonson Clarke-Harris (quoted at £6m)
now Ross Stewart

If we want him, I don't see how we pay anything other than serious money for him.
Far too much of a gamble throwing that money about for players from such a low level, even if they go elsewhere and do well it’s not something I dwell over.

They certainly should. Most Goldson level replacements will want the same wages he is likely asking for plus will cost us millions. Signing him again could allow us to sink 4/5m into another position. Its a no brainer to me
Clearly it’s down to his family life , he’s gone .

Far too much of a gamble throwing that money about for players from such a low level, even if they go elsewhere and do well it’s not something I dwell over.

TBF, there is talent to be had in that league (Aribo for us, O'Riley for them) but goalscorers always have a premium on top of their price as well.

IF(big if) we splash £4/5/6m on Stewart I'd expect him to be our number one striker for that sort of price.

Like last summer, makes no sense spending that money a striker (Nisbet anyone?) when they're not going to dislodge Buff from the team.

TBF, there is talent to be had in that league (Aribo for us, O'Riley for them) but goalscorers always have a premium on top of their price as well.

IF(big if) we splash £4/5/6m on Stewart I'd expect him to be our number one striker for that sort of price.

Like last summer, makes no sense spending that money a striker (Nisbet anyone?) when they're not going to dislodge Buff from the team.
Spending that amount on a player with Stewart's credentials would be reckless.

One good season in a crap league does not prove he has the quality to lead our attack.

Clearly it’s down to his family life , he’s gone .
He probably is and it is probably down to his family life. I understand it if so. Hard for us to see that obviously as we are rangers fans from birth etc but in our own careers we would probably do the exact same as him for family and money.

I just don't see it being feasible that we sign Ross Stewart. From what I've heard (from a work colleague who speaks to him fairly regualarly) Sunderland are offering him a new contract at £40k pw and other English clubs are offering him more still. We can't compete for wages with several English clubs sniffing around.

If he plays for Scotland next week, there could be yet more interest too

Seen some photos of our boys away to LA for some R&R, Kent, Bassey, Kamara and Aribo. Hopefully they all come back refreshed and ready to fire us to the CL.
(And bolstered by some quality additions)
Seen photos of them travelling with Nigeria ( Bassey and Aribo ) thought included for Mexico friendly just seen they have 2 friendlies then group game on 9th and one on 13th , around £35m of our players there :(.

I just don't see it being feasible that we sign Ross Stewart. From what I've heard (from a work colleague who speaks to him fairly regualarly) Sunderland are offering him a new contract at £40k pw and other English clubs are offering him more still. We can't compete for wages with several English clubs sniffing around.

If he plays for Scotland next week, there could be yet more interest too
Sunderland can't afford to pay him 40k a week that's a load of crap. Not many if any champ clubs pay that much!

Stewart would walk here if we are genuinely interested let's be serious!

As other posters have said they won't let him go cheap though

I don't think Ross Wilson looks on this thread mate.

These threads almost always end up with loads of suggestions.
“Gio, it’s me Ross, yes, Ross Wilson, the Director of Football, now listen right, I’ve just been on that followfollow messageboard and keep seeing the name Bruce Anderson, so I’ve only gone and fuckin’ signed him. Bargain at £25,000. Toodles”

Sunderland can't afford to pay him 40k a week that's a load of crap. Not many if any champ clubs pay that much!

Stewart would walk here if we are genuinely interested let's be serious!

As other posters have said they won't let him go cheap though
Sunderland have just been promoted. Norwich are reportedly interested too and have just received a substantial parachute payment.

Even if we were to offer him the max we can afford, I think a Championship side is likely to offer him more. And I don't see us blowing the transfer budget on him.

Unless the prospect of CL football attracts him more than more money than he;s ever earned in his life, I don't see him cming to Rangers

Sunderland have just been promoted. Norwich are reportedly interested too and have just received a substantial parachute payment.

Even if we were to offer him the max we can afford, I think a Championship side is likely to offer him more. And I don't see us blowing the transfer budget on him.

Unless the prospect of CL football attracts him more than more money than he;s ever earned in his life, I don't see him cming to Rangers
Sunderland top wage will be no where near 30 never mind 40 mate just up from league one. Norwich or us? Come on no brainer.. we literally played in a European final last week

I have absolutely no doubt that Stewart would pick us over any team in the championship! Is he not one one of us?

I'm not convinced on him and to be honest wouldn't want us to pay anything over a couple of million but I have no doubt If we are interested he will be desperate to join

Last edited:
Sunderland top wage will be no where near 30 never mind 40 mate just up from league one. Norwich or us? Come on no brainer.. we literally played in a European final last week

I have absolutely no doubt that Stewart would pick us over any team in the championship! Sure he is a Rangers supporter too

I'm not convinced on him and to be honest wouldn't want us to pay anything over a couple of million but I have no doubt If we are interested he will be desperate to join
It looks like Goldson is about to do that, albeit not Norwich.

its where we signed aribo from
Aribo was a bargain though. I’m a big fan of Ross Stewart and would like us to sign him for the right price but Sunderland will want big money. 4/5 million buys us a key player and I don’t see Stewart dislodging Morelos. Unless we’re going for 2 up top and see Stewart as a striking partner.

I have absolutely no doubt that Stewart would pick us over any team in the championship! Sure he is a Rangers supporter too

Was he not at them , as a youth player ? Could still be a bear I suppose .

Is he one of us? That’s not what I’d heard from a couple of others.

That's three summers on the trot we've been linked with one of the top scorers in League One

Ivan Toney (went for £5m + £5m in add ons)
Jonson Clarke-Harris (quoted at £6m)
now Ross Stewart

If we want him, I don't see how we pay anything other than serious money for him.
Has he got 1 year left?

They certainly should. Most Goldson level replacements will want the same wages he is likely asking for plus will cost us millions. Signing him again could allow us to sink 4/5m into another position. Its a no brainer to me
We can't do this....
As then every other player runs the contract down and demands the samenfrom us.

We should have made our offer, given him a deadline for an answer and if he was still not decided by then, we should have withdrawn the offer.

We need to be planning ahead and not sure you can really do that if you don't quite know for sure if he's going or staying.

For me, feels like he has an offer with Forest, but he's not committing to that unless they win promotion to the EPL in this weekends play off final.

It's probably prevented us from really going after a replacement with any gusto until we know for certain it's him we are replacing.

As an aside I work in Edinburgh with a mix of Hertz and Hivs fans mostly, and there seems to be a consensus that Nisbets attitude is less than it should be - to put it politely.

He obviously has talent but if the attitude stinks it could be a bullet dodged in ghe bigger picture.

Nisbet was last seen away with it in Ocean Beach. That was only last week.

Reactions: cav
This place is crazy. The people turning their nose up at Ross Stewart are the same people who would have looked at Cedric Itten and said he would be a great signing. We need to spend money this summer on a striker who stays fit, can score goals and can rotate with Morelos without their being a major drop off on the teams performance. It’s time for Itten and Roofe to be moved on.

This place is crazy. The people turning their nose up at Ross Stewart are the same people who would have looked at Cedric Itten and said he would be a great signing. We need to spend money this summer on a striker who stays fit, can score goals and can rotate with Morelos without their being a major drop off on the teams performance. It’s time for Itten and Roofe to be moved on.
He’d be a good signing, especially as backup for Morelos. The problem is how much Sunderland will want for him.

Because £5m should be buying us a player who can fight Morelos for a starting spot, not just back up.

Cedric Itten the Swiss International? Can see why people thought he'd do well to be fair.

Because £5m should be buying us a player who can fight Morelos for a starting spot, not just back up.

As a Sunderland fan, he absolutely can.

I fully appreciate people’s apprehension given he’s been in League One and has only one outstanding season under his belt so far, but he truly is excellent. He isn’t just an excellent finisher, he does everything else you want from a striker as well. Class at stretching defences with his runs, great holding the ball up with his back to goal, drives the press, strong in the air.

I don’t want him to leave Sunderland but if he goes to Rangers I have absolutely no doubts he’ll absolutely excel.

Ross Stewart wouldn't need time to adapt to Scottish Football either. He knows what to expect and should hit the ground running.

Big Cédric Kipré from West Brom ,1 million rumoured , I’d have signed him fi Motherwell
Prick never got sent off for that horror tackle on Jack. Just intent to injure a fellow pro.

We seem to be linked with him every summer.

I doubt many would have said Itten would be a good signing.
I doubt many had seen him play.
However, he had broken into the Swiss national side and on the strength of that, then it looked a good signing.

Personally, I don't know much about Stewart as I don't watch Sunderland.
Nothing against Sunderland, but after Rangers, Rangers youth sides, Rangers women, EPL, German, Portuguese, international and Italian football on TV, there just isn't enough time to watch Sunderland.
Well done to anyone who does.

I want Rangers to find players that are potentially about to burst on the scene but as yet are just a rhetorical inch below the radar of other clubs who will pay more money.
Players like say a Morelos, or an Aribo or a Kamara.
Is that asking too much?

Robertson looks like a guy who flys to London. Even if he’s nothing to do you get the impression he would put a suit on, fly down, drink a glass of water and fly back up.

Regarding tomorrow the window doesn’t open for another fortnight so I wouldn’t read too much into yours being cancelled. Happens for a plethora of reasons.
@Bluebeard Has had pelters over this post but I totally get it because I used to work with a guy who basically did this.
Reason I found out was that he called in sick and I had to replace him. He basically made himself a role as a very expensive courier who wears a nice suit to give the impression that he’s a high flying businessman who knows what he’s doing. Sounds a lot like Mr Robertson…

Ps: Anything in the Alan Smith from Leeds rumour?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back