The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised so many are seemingly shocked that 2 out of contract assets are being sold before they effectively become worthless on 2nd September! I've some more bad news for you... Ryan Kent is next unless he extends, which seems unlikely.
You think this, or know it?

Be interesting to see how we replace Aribo Hagi and Lowry both require game time in the no10 role and RW is a position that's screaming out for investment this summer I doubt we sign a traditional no 10 as a replacement

I don't think Lowry is going to play as much as people think he will next season be similar to this season probably start cup games and get the odd run out in the league and a sub appearance here or there. I doubt Hagi will even be available until after the world cup either so certainly need to bring someone in if Aribo goes.

Difference is, we had an offer from Chelsea for God. Do we have any yet for our players?

Kamara has 3 years left, I think.

We had an offer from Man U for Brian. Fergie was boasting that he was coming to Old Trafford but Minty would not let the deal go through. We will get bids for our players. We'll not get the full value for the players on their final year and we'll have to be realistic. I would rather anyone who doesn't want to be there was gone before the new season starts.

Cmon GY you are better than this.

Absolutely no evidence that we are selling Aribo and Kamara and replacing with Lowry and Hagi.
Let's wait and see what transpires during the window.
League surrendered before a ball kicked? Dear me.

That’s not what I said GL. Think after 51 years of a season ticket at the club I wouldn’t do that, eh ?

What I said was, if we let Aribo & Kamara go & don’t replace them with quality replacements we would be throwing away the league.

Hagi still won’t recover from one of the worst injuries a player can get for a few months. Lowry has massive potential but proving himself as an 18yo at this stage against grown men is a big risk, especially when you consider he wasn’t deemed good enough for Scotland u21s recently.

If you don’t deem that as taking a big risk with our season, including trying to qualify for the CL Group stages then I disagree.

We won’t be spending 100% of transfer income on players mate.

It will be 50% at best
Why would we not spend all of it especially majority of Europe league run money and Patterson transfer funds could be used to running costs of the club
And season ticket money is there as well

Chris Jack - we’ll get ‘around’ £20m for Aribo & Morelos. Good fucking god.
I don't see what he's said that's so wrong tbh. Its been mooted on here and from external sources that we'll probably deal at around 10 million quid for aribo. Morelos, we knocked back 16 million quid two years ago, he's down to being inside the last 12 months of his deal and he's made clear several times in the past that he wants to move to a better league, anything over 10 million pound and he's off imo. Max for the two of them, 25 million pounds imo.

Sooner the player trading model kicks in the better, we’ve all known about it for years. No one has truly accepted it yet because we’ve not lived it.

Vast majority were saying keep a hold of X, Y, and Z for 55!
Majority said the same for CL qualifiers.

There’s a significant amount of people who would gladly drive our players to various places for way below market value.

That won’t change until we start making big sales. Once we do, hopefully the support will stop undervaluing our assets.
We won’t make big sales allowing our key talent to get to the last year of their contract. That gives the player, their agent and suitors the upper hand! We’ve not played these contracts well imho.

Says who? The window has been open for almost two weeks now. If there was a clause then it's just personal terms and he'd be gone already.

He signed for us 1st July 2019. His final year doesn’t start until next Friday. Therefore clubs can’t do shit until they make a bid that matches the buyout amount from Friday onwards.

Heart and Hand confirmed the clause before on their pod.

I don't think Lowry is going to play as much as people think he will next season be similar to this season probably start cup games and get the odd run out in the league and a sub appearance here or there. I doubt Hagi will even be available until after the world cup either so certainly need to bring someone in if Aribo goes.
I really hope your wrong regarding Lowry his potential is huge but he needs minutes for us and him to get the benefits from it I actually think he's a better fit for us than Hagi is but that's just personal preference

Jack does state in his piece “more than £20m” does seem we are being primed for their departure , it isn’t great but that’s our situation in last year .

I genuinely think champions league football is a 70/30 against us getting their purely down to the opposition we will have to beat.

I wouldn’t be banking on that as the carrot to keep anyone at the club.

If the money is right then let them go
Pretty confident we’ll do it considering our form in Europe

Good luck trying to replace Aribo and Morelos and bed the new players in within a month.
Morelos won’t be fit? Or unless I have misread, if Roofe is fit then fine but point still stands! We can’t say ( look Alfie IF we beat Monaco or PSV ) we will offer you X amount and champions league football.

It’s either ( do you want to sign and if an offer comes in we let you go ) but certainly not based on a theory we might beat a top team

Good luck trying to replace Aribo and Morelos and bed the new players in within a month.

People say this but look at that mob.

They were a shambles last summer, basically bought a whole new team and won the league.

Players come and go, that’s football. That is how we need to operate. It’s obvious that there’ll be little money to spend this summer unless we sell. We don’t really have a lot of choice when we have players in their last year and we need to freshen up

Morelos won’t be fit? Or unless I have misread, if Roofe is fit then fine but point still stands! We can’t say ( look Alfie IF we beat Monaco or PSV ) we will offer you X amount and champions league football.

It’s either ( do you want to sign and if an offer comes in we let you go ) but certainly not based on a theory we might beat a top team
Doubt we’ll be able to offer Alfredo much more money as he’ll already be a top earner

As an aside, I've always wondered how transfer bids actually get "lodged". Is it just an email? Is there a specific FIFA transfer portal where bids can get lodged and recorded? Could some daft bastard hack Ross Wilson's email and go about putting in offers for players? So many questions.
WhatsApp

Doubt we’ll be able to offer Alfredo much more money as he’ll already be a top earner
Again it comes down to where we now are.

Do we see ourselves as a lucky one of final team at a European Level or is our aim semis as a genuine target every other year.

Personally my dream scenario is to get to the group stages of the champions league and finish 3rd to drop into Europa league again

To keep on topic - my point is, for us to be a regular at that level then you adjust your wage budget and quality of player each year based on success.

Frankfurt were in the semis a couple of years ago and built upon that to eventually win it.

That’s what I would like to see us do and that means keeping some of your top players and selling one or two to keep momentum.

As an aside, I've always wondered how transfer bids actually get "lodged". Is it just an email? Is there a specific FIFA transfer portal where bids can get lodged and recorded? Could some daft bastard hack Ross Wilson's email and go about putting in offers for players? So many questions.

A fair question.

Imagine it’s just a phone call or an email confirming a discussion that was already had but having some sort of system that these had to be made through would legislate that…

He signed for us 1st July 2019. His final year doesn’t start until next Friday. Therefore clubs can’t do shit until they make a bid that matches the buyout amount from Friday onwards.

Heart and Hand confirmed the clause before on their pod.
It doesn't work that way mate.

If there were a clause....

The deal would be agreed well in advance of the date, likely announced when the window opens and then the contracts are and registrations exchange on the alloted date.

See the Haaland transfer.

I really hope your wrong regarding Lowry his potential is huge but he needs minutes for us and him to get the benefits from it I actually think he's a better fit for us than Hagi is but that's just personal preference

I agree with what you say but just have a feeling he won't get as much game time as he should or people might expect next season. He didn't get much opportunities when on the bench last season that might have been down to B team requirements etc but hopefully Gio will put his faith in him.

But Rangers dont talk to the MSM. Instead they talk to their media partners like Chris Jack, H&H etc.

This is no different to Celtic dropping stories into the Sun or the Record - we just dont do it that way anymore

Which is the way it should be done.

Stories should be broke by people who love the club like you and I.

I watched a Tifo video on it a few years ago. A lot of the communication happens via phone calls and whatsapp.

Never a perfect time to lose key players but at the end of the day, it happens and we go on

As good as Aribo and Morelos have been for us, we’ve lost better players in the past and replaced them.

Granted it’s not ideal 5 weeks before a CL qualifier but I hope if we do sell them, we bring in replacements immediately and not fart about otherwise we risk being papped out the CL early bells.

It’s clear some posters have forgotten what it’s like to lose a key player given our last one was probably Jelavic.

Never a perfect time to lose key players but at the end of the day, it happens and we go on

As good as Aribo and Morelos have been for us, we’ve lost better players in the past and replaced them.

Granted it’s not ideal 5 weeks before a CL qualifier but I hope if we do sell them, we bring in replacements immediately and not fart about otherwise we risk being papped out the CL early bells.

It’s clear some posters have forgotten what it’s like to lose a key player given our last one was probably Jelavic.
Which seems a life time ago but for once I agree with you.

I am fairly relaxed about players going, as long as they are replaced with either genuine potential or similar standards within days to allow them to settle

Who is Aribo replacement? Can't put too much pressure on Lowry, need a new signing.

Who would replace Morelos? Colak was being suggested as an Itten replacement, now he's Morelos replacement? fvck that.

We had an offer from Man U for Brian. Fergie was boasting that he was coming to Old Trafford but Minty would not let the deal go through. We will get bids for our players. We'll not get the full value for the players on their final year and we'll have to be realistic. I would rather anyone who doesn't want to be there was gone before the new season starts.
Not sure it's as simple as not wanting to be here any more. They can still be happy playing out their contract, even knowing they are leaving. Depends if the offers on the table are tempting enough to go.

If Morelos and Aribo leave this window then it’s very difficult to see how we go into next season with a stronger team.
Depends how much of the fees we get to spend and what leagues we recruit from. If we bring in £20m, spend £6m and recruit from England I’m not hopeful. If we spend £10m and recruit from Belgium, Holland or Scandinavia might not be so bad.

Depends how much of the fees we get to spend and what leagues we recruit from. If we bring in £20m, spend £6m and recruit from England I’m not hopeful. If we spend £10m and recruit from Belgium, Holland or Scandinavia might not be so bad.
Not hopeful if we recruit from England despite 12 of our europea league final squad signing from England? We’ve found a lot of value down south so I wouldn’t just write it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back