The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. The notion that younger players can hardly play without getting injured is just bollocks.

I coach Rugby which is obviously much more physical, we have lads who play from age 4 well into their 30s without any ongoing injury issues

Teirney was the exception due to bad genetics and injury management

The notion that having a young lad play 50 games of football will cause him longterm damage is ludicrous

Especially when you think back to most young boys playing hours of football everyday after school

Not sure if this has been posted, would be great if it's true

Journalist Jonny McFarlane has revealed on the Rangers Review YouTube channel that discussions are ongoing between the club and Alfredo Morelos regarding a new contract.

McFarlane’s update comes amid reports in Spain linking the Colombian striker with an exit, with Sevilla thought to be preparing to make an €8m (£6.9m) offer for the 26-year-old, with some suggestion that the bid had already been tabled.

The update relayed comments made by Spanish journalist Gonzalo Tortosa, who claimed that Morelos would be open to a move to the Estadio Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan, as he viewed the opportunity as a ‘perfect step’ in his career after five years in Glasgow.

However, McFarlane was quick to shoot down the emerging news on Twitter, saying that suggestions of a bid were ‘emphatically denied’ and he has since revealed that the 11-cap Colombia international is working on a new deal with his current employers.

He said: “The player is still in talks with Rangers. Rangers are still extremely keen to retain Alfredo Morelos and that is developing behind the scenes. We know that the club is extremely keen to keep these things under wraps, so as these things develop, they try and keep them in-house.”

The £11.7m-rated frontman has scored 113 goals in 224 appearances for the Light Blues and weighed in with 51 assists in that time, meaning his loss would be huge.

Given his precarious contract situation, something is going to have to give, and with only 12 months left on his current deal, we will perhaps find out sooner rather than later.

He has finished as the club’s top scorer in the Scottish Premiership in four of his five seasons at Ibrox, and Ross Wilson won’t like to see him move on.

However, if a new contract can’t be agreed upon, the Gers are going to have to accept what perhaps will be an unsatisfactory offer or else lose their talisman for nothing next summer.

I coach Rugby which is obviously much more physical, we have lads who play from age 4 well into their 30s without any ongoing injury issues

Teirney was the exception due to bad genetics and injury management

The notion that having a young lad play 50 games of football will cause him longterm damage is ludicrous

Especially when you think back to most young boys playing hours of football everyday after school
While I wonder if this is potentially true, you have to wonder why the inverse is so often true? So, so many of the recent wonderkids seem to fall victim to the same early retirements or burnout. Is it that their physical attributes were superior younger & they essentially aged out prematurely?

Ramsey, Bale, Rooney, Walcott, Rodwell, R9, Wilshere, Sneijder, Kompany, Vanden Borre, Van Der Vaart etc were all elite at young ages in recent years & fell away, in all different ways. There are exceptions like Lukaku etc, but it seems quite common that the teenage superstars end up wrecked earlier than the usual player.

This is one of the few name drops on here, where I genuinely liked the footage I saw.

Along with Erik Botheim, I'd be happy with either of them as a new striker.
And also Jens Odgaard or Ola Solbakken for RW.

These are the rumours/suggestions that have been mentioned throughout the thread that I'm most excited to see actual concrete stories emerge on.

Asking the same near enough 11 to go to the well year after year can only be done for so long.

Worth pointing out after Manchester we were papped out by diddies just months later.

We need some additions
The majority of those players are hitting their prime - It's not like they're close to being over the hill, in fact we expect massive money on transfers for them.

Do we need freshened up? Yes.
Do we need to use our youth more? Yes.

But the facts are we are a strong side that should not be "papped out by diddies" any time soon.

This is one of the few name drops on here, where I genuinely liked the footage I saw.

These are the rumours/suggestions that have been mentioned throughout the thread that I'm most excited to see actual concrete stories emerge on.

Odgaard off to AZ unfortunately.

Hopefully we make an attempt on Botheim - no better time to do it considering he’s a on free.

AZ Alkmaar have made a €4m bid for Odgaard. Never been any suggestion we're interested in him.

Odgaard off to AZ unfortunately.
That's disappointing. I'd never heard of him until mentioned on here. But I was very impressed with the footage on him. Solbakken is also likely going to Roma.

RW is the area I want to see there most significant difference in, and those two looked like they could make that impact.

Who exactly? And that we can afford and would want to play in Scotland mind.
I’ve no idea, I don’t spend my time scouting across the world. Colak might prove me wrong but I wasn’t very impressed with him when he played against us despite him scoring twice at Ibrox. He was part of a poor Malmo side who quite frankly it was embarrassing to lose against. If he’s 3rd choice then fine in terms of his place in the squad, but for £2m? No thanks. Has to be better value options than that kicking about for a 3rd choice striking option.

I’ve no idea, I don’t spend my time scouting across the world. Colak might prove me wrong but I wasn’t very impressed with him when he played against us despite him scoring twice at Ibrox. He was part of a poor Malmo side who quite frankly it was embarrassing to lose against. If he’s 3rd choice then fine in terms of his place in the squad, but for £2m? No thanks. Has to be better value options than that kicking about for a 3rd choice striking option.

Not sure how you could say you werent impressed with him at Ibrox, he was the best player on the park that night by a distance. Not saying that means we should sign him but he was good that night.

That's disappointing. I'd never heard of him until mentioned on here. But I was very impressed with the footage on him. Solbakken is also likely going to Roma.

RW is the area I want to see there most significant difference in, and those two looked like they could make that impact.
What would be your preference - left or right footed?

I prefer to see a winger hit the touchline and cross than watching them having to cut back onto their preferred foot

Yes, wonderful player mate.

I think Alex Lowry could be a fantastic player going forward, and I don’t rule him out being ahead of Hagi by the end of this season PB,
But to do so he needs to develop the ugly side of his game.

That’ll determine how quickly he becomes a regular & Gio will be observing it very closely I’d guess ?
I think Lowry will be a star for us & I hope we can keep him for a while.

Often a youngster coming in to the team is a bit timid & overawed, however Lowry has bags of confidence, always demanding the ball & always looks like he can score in a game. IMO he is the ideal player to be a number 10.

If the right players are around him am not overly concerned about his defensive duties at this stage - we've needed more goals from midfield for a long time & I believe Lowry can supply them.

I think Lowry will be a star for us & I hope we can keep him for a while.

Often a youngster coming in to the team is a bit timid & overawed, however Lowry has bags of confidence, always demanding the ball & always looks like he can score in a game. IMO he is the ideal player to be a number 10.

If the right players are around him am not overly concerned about his defensive duties at this stage - we've needed more goals from midfield for a long time & I believe Lowry can supply them.
Definitely .

Clearly David Graham has been briefing the media who have paid for access.
We are being softened up for the transfer beginning to take shape.
I just hope it’s for nearer £15m rather than £10 million.
Although he was very tired towards the end of last season, big Joe has big boots that will need filling.
I do rate Alex Lowry but he is some way away from being Joe Aribo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back