The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst I would've have preferred some of our business to have been done by now, I want us to sign one or two quality players that'll improve the first eleven. No point in signing more squad players, got enough of them.

For everyone that is anoyed that we haven't signed anyone, they would also be raging if we had spent money on the likes of firth, jones and Simpson as we have done so in the past.

Hopefully see some movement this week before we go to Portugal.

Two or three quality additions are what matters, with hopefully at least two of them first choice, rather than how quickly we get them in.

Questions to be asked of our board/Wilson just means a lot more internet shouting than usual.

No offence, but you say that as if it's like a real point of no return or a critical moment. The internet is full of fans calling the board all sorts all year round.

You've put some sort of imaginary deadline out there. It doesn't mean anything unless you are going to pursue some sort of meaningful protest which I doubt would attract much support.
Great post.

I simply used a competition in which they played a comparative number of games in.

That’s how comparisons tend to work.

FWIW, he had the same amount of goal contributions in 5 EL games as Kent did in 14.

But again, I genuinely wouldn’t swap the 2. Just think it’s wise every now and again to add balance to the “he plays for Celtic, therefore he’s pish” crowd.

We get it you're a big Jota man but hey it's just for balance.

There is no such thing as a bidding war.

The clubs interested will make contact with his agent, his agent will tell us who he is willing to join.

It might end up with us taking a slightly lower bid or agreeing a lower fee to pay the player for the remainder of their contract

And we don't have to sell unless they meet what we want which can spark something of a bidding war as different clubs try to get close to what we want.

If he wants to go to Villa and they say they are only paying £5m but Palace are gonna give us £15m then Joe Aribo will be going to Palace with a couple million of that in his hip for his troubles. Not just going to Villa cos that's what he wants.

I said a couple of weeks ago that I wasn’t worried and that I would take stock of the situation on 1st of July.

I think given the reports of Aribo and Kamara it’s clear what route we are taking with regards to generating funds through sales this summer before purchases. We might have to be patient (mid July) with this.

An interesting thought I saw on Twitter today (a rarity I know). The poster said that the clubs books run 1st July to the end of June.
So any out goings funds may reflect poorly on the break even objective of 21/22’s finances (or even run at a profit).
Could we be holding off until our new financial year?

And we don't have to sell unless they meet what we want which can spark something of a bidding war as different clubs try to get close to what we want.

If he wants to go to Villa and they say they are only paying £5m but Palace are gonna give us £15m then Joe Aribo will be going to Palace with a couple million of that in his hip for his troubles. Not just going to Villa cos that's what he wants.
Why would their be such a discreprancy?

His agent will be letting the clubs know what we will accept, they know the club wont take less than a certain value.

The clubs interested will make contact with his agent, his agent will tell us who he is willing to join.

It might end up with us taking a slightly lower bid or agreeing a lower fee to pay the player for the remainder of their contract
It’s not a bidding war as such, but if there’s only one club interested and the player makes it clear he wants to go then the buying club can often get them cheaper.

But if there’s more than one interested then chances are we get the price we ask for as one of them will pay it to avoid missing out.

I said a couple of weeks ago that I wasn’t worried and that I would take stock of the situation on 1st of July.

I think given the reports of Aribo and Kamara it’s clear what route we are taking with regards to generating funds through sales this summer before purchases. We might have to be patient (mid July) with this.

An interesting thought I saw on Twitter today (a rarity I know). The poster said that the clubs books run 1st July to the end of June.
So any out goings funds may reflect poorly on the break even objective of 21/22’s finances (or even run at a profit).
Could we be holding off until our new financial year?

Why though? Who are we trying to appease with the financial results in terms of which year they fall in to?

We aren’t your typical company where that is a major concern to investors or lenders, of course the finances are important but I don’t think where they fall is influencing our decision making on transfer activity.

If Aribo bids are on the way, hopefully it's soon and we can get some business done before pre-season gets fully going.

Why would their be such a discreprancy?

His agent will be letting the clubs know what we will accept, they know the club wont take less than a certain value.

It was an exaggerated example to show the player doesn't quite hold all the power here.

He will only go to a club who meets our valuation or he will stay, see out his contract and go where he wants for free.

In a situation like this, he could very well end up going to the club who offers us the most albeit with some of that then going to him to sweeten the deal.

Why though? Who are we trying to appease with the financial results in terms of which year they fall in to?

We aren’t your typical company where that is a major concern to investors or lenders, of course the finances are important but I don’t think where they fall is influencing our decision making on transfer activity.
No but when going for credit in the future, a track record of profits promotes the idea of financial security. Not the bin fire the world has seen us as in the last decade.

If all that costs is a week or two, then I can see the thinking.

It could be nothing to do with it however.

Two months left of the window means nothing though if we are eliminated from CL qualifiers in just over 4 weeks time when they begin.

I’m not yet panicking albeit I do have some concerns based on our woeful past 3 windows.

But I’m expecting some business this coming week given players are back in training

There’s two camps on here. Some that are going overboard and some that will shout down anyone showing any sort of concern and labelling them as anti-board, tims etc.

Some folk are concerned for a reason. Simply look at our last 3 transfer windows.

If the end of next week comes and we still don’t have anyone of decent quality in the door then it’s time for questions to be asked of our board/Wilson for me

Players we have signed in the last three windows;

Kent - Helander - Davis - Aribo - Hagi - Bassey - Itten - Balogun - Roofe - Wright - Defoe - McLaughlin - Lundstram - Sakala

Some of the above may not have set the heather on fire, but all have contributed to trophy wins.

We also have also signed roughly a similar amount of players who have not contributed, but these have been 'punts' on mainly younger players with minimal outlay and wages.

7 of those players played in the Euro final, it would ceratinly be higher if Roofe, Hagi and Helander were available.

We should have had players in for the start of pre season honestly - we still might, but I assume that's what Gio meant when he talked about getting players in early.

I doubt anyone was expecting us to have our business finished by then, but signing players any later impacts the bedding in period and preparation for our CL qualifiers.

That's not true.

If you have many clubs looking to secure a player, there is an inherent advantage in being the FIRST club to have a bid accepted. This allows you to get the player to sign before you get into the bidding war on wages.

If you are the only club interested you can afford to play hardball on price, wait for the player to apply pressure from within and for the club to compromise on price.

Lots of interest? The price inevitably gets driven up. The selling club can keep knocking back bids, with individual prospective buyers increasing bids with the hope of forcing the hand of the selling club to accept their bid first, giving them the edge in being the first club to start negotiations with the player.

After this, admittedly the 'bidding war' ends, with the sale price now largely established and other clubs effectively just needing to match this. But increased interest undoubtedly increases the sale price and there IS a bidding war element.

Players we have signed in the last three windows;

Kent - Helander - Davis - Aribo - Hagi - Bassey - Itten - Balogun - Roofe - Wright - Defoe - McLaughlin - Lundstram - Sakala

Some of the above may not have set the heather on fire, but all have contributed to trophy wins.

We also have also signed roughly a similar amount of players who have not contributed, but these have been 'punts' on mainly younger players with minimal outlay and wages.

7 of those players played in the Euro final, it would ceratinly be higher if Roofe, Hagi and Helander were available.
Only three of they players were signed in the last 3 windows

The transfer window isn’t even open and people are having hissy fits. Transfers will happen, in and out, just give it time.

There is no way the management and Ross Wilson have been sitting around doing nothing since the season ended, things will be happening in the background it’s just not public knowledge.

Seen a roaster on Twitter winging because there are no rumours!! I mean, WTF does that even mean? People just need to chill out. Will probably see things happening in the next couple weeks with the window opening and CL qualifiers becoming imminent. If not, then that’s the time to start worrying

I still think that's irrational. Btw, I don't necessarily have a problem with every post you make, only most of the ones you make on this thread.
Manager will want new players with him for Portugal training camp. Chance to bond etc

Waiting potentially close to another fortnight before bringing anyone in is far from ideal

Between £8-12m for Aribo that's less than the yahoos got for French diddy or Ajer neither of whom had accomplished anything in European football or outside of the SPFL.

£14m at a minimum is what we should be looking for considering some of the gash that goes for vastly inflated prices down South.

You said we should be signing players based on their social media standing to improve ours.

Firth was signed to be part of the goalkeeping coaching staff
I didn't say we should be signing them on that basis, I also said that ideally you'd be looking for good footballers first and foremost.

But if you take someone on, that has that kind of following, it's not a massive failure if they're not as we still reap some rewards in other areas.

This isn't a new or mental thing.
It's how football works in the modern world lol, clubs want growth in all areas.

Questions to be asked of our board/Wilson just means a lot more internet shouting than usual.

No offence, but you say that as if it's like a real point of no return or a critical moment. The internet is full of fans calling the board all sorts all year round.

You've put some sort of imaginary deadline out there. It doesn't mean anything unless you are going to pursue some sort of meaningful protest which I doubt would attract much support.
I suspect if no business is being done whilst that lot bring players in, you’ll see journalists appearing with articles questioning our dealings/board/Wilson.

And as we know, our board don’t like personal criticism.

Of course, many will dismiss it as mentally challenged journalists stirring it up but equally there will be bears that will be in agreement with it

I didn't say we should be signing them on that basis, I also said that ideally you'd be looking for good footballers first and foremost.

But if you take someone on, that has that kind of following, it's not a massive failure if they're not as we still reap some rewards in other areas.

This isn't a new or mental thing.
It's how football works in the modern world lol, clubs want growth in all areas.
Goal scoring and retweet bonus

Manager will want new players with him for Portugal training camp. Chance to bond etc

Waiting potentially close to another fortnight before bringing anyone in is far from ideal
We'll see, it may well depend on the player; I'd rather be patient if getting a better player takes time etc. There is enough speculation to suggest we are active in trying to make signings.

I suspect if no business is being done whilst that lot bring players in, you’ll see journalists appearing with articles questioning our dealings/board/Wilson.

And as we know, our board don’t like personal criticism.

Of course, many will dismiss it as mentally challenged journalists stirring it up but equally there will be bears that will be in agreement with it
Yeah but again that just manifests itself in 21st Century online shouting.

Maybe we'll see Sydney friendly style protests at the training ground etc but I very much doubt it.

It will just be more posts and tweets by people who, without being unnecessarily unkind to them, let's be honest have no real idea about the process and intricacies of what they're criticising.

No don't forget get all about it , it was a huge achievement its part of our history now but we lost , it covers up a poor domestic season we had or do we all forget that , a rookie manager with an average team take the league off us & in the process beat us twice they where an extra time goal away from winning a treble , in concerns me that we haven't strengthened yet asking the same core players to go again for the 5th season , we need it freshened up big time .
Ffs. I've read some shite but this is winning.

"Bidding war" (roll eyes)

Strap yourselves in...
Good!

Aribo being one of the players we sell this summer is fine with me, would rather keep him but if this poor excuse of a “trading model” is going to take effect then it would be as well being in the position that Lowry can fill in until Hagi comes back.

I suppose that’s the way it’s meant to work, buy low sell high and fill it with youth and squad depth?. I have absolutely no concerns with Lowry and Hagi filling the shirt. If Joe goes I wish him all the best and thanks for the memories. Getting the service we did to sell for a decent fee seems like a win win for everyone imo.

Between £8-12m for Aribo that's less than the yahoos got for French diddy or Ajer neither of whom had accomplished anything in European football or outside of the SPFL.

£14m at a minimum is what we should be looking for considering some of the gash that goes for vastly inflated prices down South.
Correct! The only thing that would reduce that from our perspective is this supposed £10m clause in aribos contract, if it exists.

Didn’t ajer and edouard leave late in the window?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back