The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s no thought. In the minds of quite a few it’s… yahoos = good; us = bad.

The criticism & negativity is relentless.
This particular thread really has disgusted me at times, & I do mean disgusted.

The match thread is always one I try to stay well clear of because the amount of idiots that seem to frequent it, but at least that is for the most part in the moment, still a lot of pish mostly, but in the moment.

Beyond belief the views that some seem to have though. Really, really, sad & pathetic to be honest.

We're in June and now 'we're sleeping at the wheel'. The players are back tomorrow, and there's over TWO MONTHS left of the transfer window.
Two months left of the window means nothing though if we are eliminated from CL qualifiers in just over 4 weeks time when they begin.

I’m not yet panicking albeit I do have some concerns based on our woeful past 3 windows.

But I’m expecting some business this coming week given players are back in training

There’s two camps on here. Some that are going overboard and some that will shout down anyone showing any sort of concern and labelling them as anti-board, tims etc.

Some folk are concerned for a reason. Simply look at our last 3 transfer windows.

If the end of next week comes and we still don’t have anyone of decent quality in the door then it’s time for questions to be asked of our board/Wilson for me

So Jota did not so good then you should have just said that.
I simply used a competition in which they played a comparative number of games in.

That’s how comparisons tend to work.

FWIW, he had the same amount of goal contributions in 5 EL games as Kent did in 14.

But again, I genuinely wouldn’t swap the 2. Just think it’s wise every now and again to add balance to the “he plays for Celtic, therefore he’s pish” crowd.

There is no shame in admitting they are absolutely brilliant at this.

We are too sentimental and don’t really understand never mind apply the model.

Bassey after the Scottish cup final should’ve been put out for interviews and clips of him plastered over social channels etc creating a noise around him and a deal done within those few weeks whilst he was red hot.
Well it's about time that we became 'absolutely brilliant' at this. We should be second best to them at nothing. Absolutely nothing.

This post isn't as mental as people are making it out to be. Maybe the bit about "even if he won't feature much" is a bit mental but I get what you mean to an extent.

I'd have him back because I rate him. The stuff you mention is a nice bonus but I totally get why people don't want him too.
People are acting like I've said something utterly mental.

But we signed Andy Firth to effectively be a cheerleader in the dressing room...

All I said was is sometimes if a player has a big enough following, it's worth a shout even if just to increase audience in different countries etc.

I don’t understand his point

We will sign a couple of players, we will also sell one or two

Seems a lot of people panicking when we are still 5 weeks away from start of the season

The club aren’t pointing to Seville and saying “look at that, we can just sit back now”

Things will happen over next few weeks
I think he’s talking about fans not the club.

But we signed Andy Firth to effectively be a cheerleader in the dressing room...

All I said was is sometimes if a player has a big enough following, it's worth a shout even if just to increase audience in different countries etc.

Aye some replies are very OTT mate. If he was to come in I'd be expecting him to regularly contribute on the pitch this time though.

Sleeping at the wheel?

The f*cken drama queens on here are ridiculous!! “Gerro” would have left if we had given him £1m or £20m. As a result of the backing he received in not selling players, we suffered massive covid related losses the season before last!!

Who he ?

Sleeping at the wheel?

The f*cken drama queens on here are ridiculous!! “Gerro” would have left if we had given him £1m or £20m. As a result of the backing he received in not selling players, we suffered massive covid related losses the season before last!!
Got to wonder if the poster thinks Gio and his agent are going to be touting themselves to every open EPL job like Gerro?

I simply used a competition in which they played a comparative number of games in.

That’s how comparisons tend to work.

FWIW, he had the same amount of goal contributions in 5 EL games as Kent did in 14.

But again, I genuinely wouldn’t swap the 2. Just think it’s wise every now and again to add balance to the “he plays for Celtic, therefore he’s pish” crowd.
Kent could certainly do with more goals and assists but has also contributed to a lot of goals and great performances in his time. Especially in Europe last season. Unfortunately being involved in a goal won’t show on these stats.

Two months left of the window means nothing though if we are eliminated from CL qualifiers in just over 4 weeks time when they begin.

I’m not yet panicking albeit I do have some concerns based on our woeful past 3 windows.

But I’m expecting some business this coming week given players are back in training

There’s two camps on here. Some that are going overboard and some that will shout down anyone showing any sort of concern and labelling them as anti-board, tims etc.

Some folk are concerned for a reason. Simply look at our last 3 transfer windows.

If the end of next week comes and we still don’t have anyone of decent quality in the door then it’s time for questions to be asked of our board/Wilson for me
I still think that's irrational. Btw, I don't necessarily have a problem with every post you make, only most of the ones you make on this thread.

Stop it.

You said we should be signing players based on their social media standing to improve ours.

Firth was signed to be part of the goalkeeping coaching staff

Whilst I would've have preferred some of our business to have been done by now, I want us to sign one or two quality players that'll improve the first eleven. No point in signing more squad players, got enough of them.

For everyone that is anoyed that we haven't signed anyone, they would also be raging if we had spent money on the likes of firth, jones and Simpson as we have done so in the past.

Hopefully see some movement this week before we go to Portugal.

It all depends whether this fabled release clause is there or not.

If it is there will be no bidding war. If not then we might be able to get one going and get a few quid extra.
There is no such thing as a bidding war.

The clubs interested will make contact with his agent, his agent will tell us who he is willing to join.

It might end up with us taking a slightly lower bid or agreeing a lower fee to pay the player for the remainder of their contract

Questions to be asked of our board/Wilson just means a lot more internet shouting than usual.

No offence, but you say that as if it's like a real point of no return or a critical moment. The internet is full of fans calling the board all sorts all year round.

You've put some sort of imaginary deadline out there. It doesn't mean anything unless you are going to pursue some sort of meaningful protest which I doubt would attract much support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back